Confirmed with Link: Canadiens sign Oliver Kapanen to 3 year ELC

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Having him under contract has made his trade value very stable. Not saying we will obsessively shop him in trades but if we get into a trade discussion, the other team might be asking for him. A true type center who is very close to NHL ready.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Having him under contract has made his trade value very stable. Not saying we will obsessively shop him in trades but if we get into a trade discussion, the other team might be asking for him. A true type center who is very close to NHL ready.

It's possible he could have more value than Barron, Struble, and Harris. Same for Engstrom.

Jul 6, 2016
Habs will keep one of Beck or Kapanen to play 3rd line center (sometimes 2nd)…. But they could very well demand Kapanen to play on a wing.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
He's Finnish

He's finished already and didn't even play one NHL game? :sarcasm: :facepalm:.

I do wonder what Hughes is up to. He's got both Beck and Kapanen lined up for 3C and I believe their potential is close.

Wonder what one of Beck/Kapanen with Jets 1st gets us? Add the Avs 2nd and does that move us from 26 to 10-13? I would say both Kapanen and Beck are B+ on the cusp of A- type prospects and both are true type centers who play a 200' game. That has a lot of value with GM's and they are both close to NHL ready.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
He's finished already and didn't even play one NHL game? :sarcasm: :facepalm:.

I do wonder what Hughes is up to. He's got both Beck and Kapanen lined up for 3C and I believe their potential is close.

Wonder what one of Beck/Kapanen with Jets 1st gets us? Add the Avs 2nd and does that move us from 26 to 10-13? I would say both Kapanen and Beck are B+ on the cusp of A- type prospects and both are true type centers who play a 200' game. That has a lot of value with GM's and they are both close to NHL ready.

Trading one of them at this stage would be a mistake. We need to see what we have for at least one of them first.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Trading one of them at this stage would be a mistake. We need to see what we have for at least one of them first.

Depends on what we get in return though right? Totally value that 3C depth with Beck and Kapanen but you can find a 3C. If we are able to trade up and pick up a top 6F, I would consider it a good move.

At some point, we need to capitalize on guys who have good trade value. Romanov was a good example of that.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Depends on what we get in return though right? Totally value that 3C depth with Beck and Kapanen but you can find a 3C. If we are able to trade up and pick up a top 6F, I would consider it a good move.

At some point, we need to capitalize on guys who have good trade value. Romanov was a good example of that.

We had pretty safe replacement for Romanov. We don't have that for Kapanen/Beck.

Of course if another team overvalue one of them, it's another discussion.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
We had pretty safe replacement for Romanov. We don't have that for Kapanen/Beck.

Of course if another team overvalue one of them, it's another discussion.

The replacement we have for Kapanen/Beck for 3C is one of Kapanen/Beck. I get what your saying, maybe one disappoints and the other doesn't but you trade the one who doesn't disappoint.

Someone like Evans can be extended and we are going to be drafting more centers moving forward.

Not desperate to move either of them but if a team wants them in a package and we are able to get a pick from 10-13, I'd do it.

Reactions: Chr1s97

Jul 6, 2016
Will all the players leaving Laval in the last few days, there willl possibly be spaces for both Beck and Kapanen in the line up next season. There is no great C behind Gignac in that line up unless Stephens accepts to sign a new contract.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Will all the players leaving Laval in the last few days, there willl possibly be spaces for both Beck and Kapanen in the line up next season. There is no great C behind Gignac in that line up unless Stephens accepts to sign a new contract.
Kapanen can only play in Montreal or the SHL next season. Laval is not an option.

Reactions: 1909

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad