Proposal: perry or eberle to isles.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

spaghtti

Oct 13, 2013

Eberle is currently playing at a ppg Yup he's doing that ...oozes chemistry with McDavid Yes he really does and is our best RW. Yes he really is

But you just want to slag the Oilers and their fans because well Oilers am I right?

CaptainSexyPants

Sep 27, 2012
Oilers fans sure are feeling their oats after 6 games.

Can you blame them?
After 5,975 snarky posts by Islanders fans saying they wouldn't pay anything for Eberle because they'll just sign one or both of Okposo and Parenteau for free and be fine...fast forward a few months; Josh Bailey is the best they can do, and it's 'Hey, do you guys think maybe we could make a trade for Eberle??'

It is sorta funny..

Felix Unger

Aug 2, 2005
Can you blame them?
After 5,975 snarky posts by Islanders fans saying they wouldn't pay anything for Eberle because they'll just sign one or both of Okposo and Parenteau for free and be fine...fast forward a few months; Josh Bailey is the best they can do, and it's 'Hey, do you guys think maybe we could make a trade for Eberle??'

It is sorta funny..

It is literally hysterical (in the literal sense of the word 'literally').

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Now way Edmonton trades Eberle unless Tavares and Leddy are coming back. Did you not see the huge haul they got for Hall?

I saw the damn good defenseman they got for him. Am I missing something here?

I have no idea what the Islanders have that would entice the Oilers to trade them Eberle at this time.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Our defense is still below-average.

I would do something along the lines of Eberle and Davidson for Bailey and Boychuk. It's high-time we loaded up with size on the wing to insulate our centers from board work. It's how Detroit got the most of Datsyuk and Zetterberg for so long.

That would be horrible. Boychuk has already lost a step and will lose a few more over the next 6 years, all while being a 6 mil cap hit. Like his size, grit and shot, but he's an overpaid #3 whose prime has already passed.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
You'd think the fans at ground zero for Hall/Larsson would not continue making hysterically bad proposals overvaluing Eberle. Apparently not.
Hall for Larsson is so far working out better for us. Larsson is one of the best pure defenders I've ever watched.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Our defense is still below-average.

I would do something along the lines of Eberle and Davidson for Bailey and Boychuk. It's high-time we loaded up with size on the wing to insulate our centers from board work. It's how Detroit got the most of Datsyuk and Zetterberg for so long.

Where to start. Awful almost all around. You are right though that our defense is still below average. But our only need is a #1. Johnny Boychuk is not a #1 and his contract will be Ference bad in a couple of years.

Bailey is not a need. At all. He wouldn't be an Eberle replacement. I don't think he would even be in our top 6. As per loading our wings with size, take a look at our roster. Lucic, Maroon, Kassian, Pulujarvi, and Draisaitl are all playing wing and are huge. Every team needs a top end goal scorer. Eberle is ours and is doing it well. No need to move him at right now unless a #1D is coming to us.

cbzblaze

Nov 26, 2015
Calgary
Eberle to the islanders ship sailed long long time ago. Islanders don't really have anything that would interest the oilers anymore. Only person I could think of would be maybe Nelson?
Ladd was a bad signing, Boychuk is declining. Islanders got significantly worse from last year.

We've already gifted you Barzal. Be happy and move on.

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
Ladd signing was such a terrible deal now your stuck with him.
When will GMs learn that when a player starts to suck you don't sign him to a long term deal

Connor

Aug 17, 2015
Getting rid of their best winger isn't the way they add cap space. Finding cheaper replacements for guys like Pouliot and Fayne is.

I'm far from convinced Eberle is making that line any better. Last season, Eberle was almost the same as Yakupov in terms of the line's production with McDavid. I doubt there is much of a drop off if Eberle is replaced.

Asset management wise, the smart thing to do is trade Eberle in the off season. His value would be at an all time high but IMO the Oilers are a better team with RNH compared to Eberle. I also doubt RNH increases his trade value being deployed as the shut down centre.

Unless Puljujarvi really starts clicking and scoring at an incredible pace Eberle is staying and Hopkins is probably the next to go.

I'm pretty certain that Edmonton trades both Eberle and Hopkins before they win a cup.

Oilers are a better team with RNH and without Eberle than with Eberle and without RNH.

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
Eberle to the islanders ship sailed long long time ago. Islanders don't really have anything that would interest the oilers anymore. Only person I could think of would be maybe Nelson?
Ladd was a bad signing, Boychuk is declining. Islanders got significantly worse from last year.

We've already gifted you Barzal. Be happy and move on.

Don't forget Beauviller. Thanks!

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I'm far from convinced Eberle is making that line any better. Last season, Eberle was almost the same as Yakupov in terms of the line's production with McDavid. I doubt there is much of a drop off if Eberle is replaced.

Asset management wise, the smart thing to do is trade Eberle in the off season. His value would be at an all time high but IMO the Oilers are a better team with RNH compared to Eberle. I also doubt RNH increases his trade value being deployed as the shut down centre.

Oilers are a better team with RNH and without Eberle than with Eberle and without RNH.

Must be watching the state lines rather than the games. Eberle and McDavid are working well together. If anyone has had issues on that line it is Lucic, not Eberle.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Hamonic would be at worst the Oilers #2 and probably be their best defenseman, same can be said for Leddy. The Isles would never consider trading either of them for Eberle. It's not a big accomplishment to be playing well next to the best player in the NHL.

Yeah let's totally ignore 3 60+ point seasons on HORRENDOUS Edmonton teams that didn't have Connor McDavid.

Totally makes your argument stronger.

Captain Controversy

Apr 30, 2015
Alberta
faceofhorror.org
Good Job Islander fans that doubt Eberle. You could have had him for Hamonic last season but I suppose the Islanders GM thought he could get a good free agent winger...
Now you have Andrew Ladd. A left wing that is old and won't produce anything more than 40 points a year in the next 6 years. Adam Larsson is awesome btw. Playing amazing Defense and so far has lived up to the Hall Trade.

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
Good Job Islander fans that doubt Eberle. You could have had him for Hamonic last season but I suppose the Islanders GM thought he could get a good free agent winger...
Now you have Andrew Ladd. A left wing that is old and won't produce anything more than 40 points a year in the next 6 years. Adam Larsson is awesome btw. Playing amazing Defense and so far has lived up to the Hall Trade.

First off, I still wouldn't do Hamonic for Eberle. In fact, we could have gotten Hamonic for Taylor Hall, and I'm glad we didn't do it. As someone who has watched plenty of Larsson when he was with the Devils, Hamonic > Larsson. It's close, but Hamonic is better.

Second, I like Eberle and want him, but I don't know what I'd give up for him. Even if we didn't get him, we have Ho-Sang who could be just as good, and probably should be in the NHL but we have a roster logjam. So not trading for Eberle then eventually giving Ho-Sang a shot should be better for the Islanders, if only for the money/cap space.

Third, we didn't choose Ladd over Eberle. They play different positions.

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
First off, I still wouldn't do Hamonic for Eberle. In fact, we could have gotten Hamonic for Taylor Hall, and I'm glad we didn't do it. As someone who has watched plenty of Larsson when he was with the Devils, Hamonic > Larsson. It's close, but Hamonic is better.

Second, I like Eberle and want him, but I don't know what I'd give up for him. Even if we didn't get him, we have Ho-Sang who could be just as good, and probably should be in the NHL but we have a roster logjam. So not trading for Eberle then eventually giving Ho-Sang a shot should be better for the Islanders, if only for the money/cap space.

Third, we didn't choose Ladd over Eberle. They play different positions.

Yeah, I don't get it. I want no part of trading Hamonic for Eberle. Why would Isles fans regret not making that trade?

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
Yeah, I don't get it. I want no part of trading Hamonic for Eberle. Why would Isles fans regret not making that trade?

We shouldn't. If we traded Hamonic for Eberle, that just leaves another hole that has to be filled. I like Mayfield and he maybe could play in the NHL regularly, but Hamonic is our 2nd best defenseman. Our right side is much stronger with Hamonic-Boychuk-Pulock/Seidenberg than it is with Boychuk-Pulock-Seidenberg/Mayfield. None of Pulock, Seidenberg, or Mayfield could play top-4 minutes (although Seidenberg has been awesome, but no chance he can keep this up for 82 games).

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
You would think that a little bit of success would help Oilers fans relax a bit.

You really thought that? The second any team goes from a below .500 record the year before to an above .500 record the year after (no matter how many games), the fans of that team get super cocky. Even Islander fans are guilty of that. Remember how annoying some of our dumb fans were at the beginning of 2014-15? It was madness.

Felix Unger

Aug 2, 2005
You really thought that? The second any team goes from a below .500 record the year before to an above .500 record the year after (no matter how many games), the fans of that team get super cocky. Even Islander fans are guilty of that. Remember how annoying some of our dumb fans were at the beginning of 2014-15? It was madness.

Somehow it's not surprising that you, of all people, would rain on my parade.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
You would think that a little bit of success would help Oilers fans relax a bit.

You must not know us very well. :laugh:

This is the fanbase that is still melting down about trading away vaunted 8 goal scorer Nail Yakupov.

It's nice to be winning some games for once but the Oilers still have some pretty clear holes we would like to fill if the opportunity was to present itself.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
You would think that, but most Oilers fans are waiting for the team to crash down to earth.
But keep shoveling crap at the fanbase.

THE OP IS AN ISLES FAN

So excuse Oiler fans for not wanting to give up their best winger when it's wing depth is looking thin after trading Hall, and Yakupov.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
You would think that, but most Oilers fans are waiting for the team to crash down to earth.
But keep shoveling crap at the fanbase.

THE OP IS AN ISLES FAN

So excuse Oiler fans for not wanting to give up their best winger when it's wing depth is looking thin after trading Hall, and Yakupov.

This. So much this. We are excited that the team is doing well, but we have been conditioned to expect the wheels to fall of eventually.

It's a nice change to not struggle out of the gate though like in the past couple of years. Maybe this is the year. Not the year we make the playoffs necessarily, but the year where we aren't looking at which guy we want with our probable top 3 pick in the draft. That would be a nice step forward for me :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad