Proposal: perry or eberle to isles.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Eberle isn't going anywhere now. Without him our right wing depth is non existent. We aren't desperate for D anymore either we can wait for the right move and see how our young D develop.

xxreact9

Jun 4, 2012
I don't think the oilers would do that trade anymore. Before the hall for Larsson trade they would have jumped at it. But now Eberle is their only true skilled winger and the oilers have Larsson is the stay at home shut down dman. It will be very hard to get Eberle out of Edmonton now I think.

They have McDavid RNH Draisaitl Lucic Puljujarvi in their top-6 without Eberle. That's more than enough scoring. Their defense is still very mediocre even with Adam Larsson.

Upgrade the position or end up in the basement again.

Blitzago*

Dec 11, 2015
They have McDavid RNH Draisaitl Lucic Puljujarvi in their top-6 without Eberle. That's more than enough scoring. Their defense is still very mediocre even with Adam Larsson.

Upgrade the position or end up in the basement again.

He's not ready for top 6 right now.

xxreact9

Jun 4, 2012
The cost for Perry is much more than what it would cost to get Eberle ... fwiw

Worth something for sure. Perry has a cap hit of 8.625m.

Do you really want to pay much for a 35g, 60 point guy on that salary? You could go on about intangibles but I could go on about two game 7 losses where he scored 0 goals and 2 points in the series.

Not sure Perry has a ton of value given his contract and decline. And he's probably my favorite player

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
The Oilers aren't contenders right now, so why would that matter?

You want your ELC players to hit their peak at the same time the cup window begins.
We're 5 games in andthe oilers are 4-1 definitely going to ride it out a little longer before we determine who is or isn't a contender.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Islanders should've taken Hall for Hamonic+ when they probably had the chance and ran with it.

Too late now.

Eberle is playing great with McDavid, he's really tailored his game now to play off McDavid rather than holding onto the puck too long and its paying off, he's off to a great start.

He's not going anywhere.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Islanders should've taken Hall for Hamonic+ when they probably had the chance and ran with it.

Too late now.

Eberle is playing great with McDavid, he's really tailored his game now to play off McDavid rather than holding onto the puck too long and its paying off, he's off to a great start.

He's not going anywhere.
Agreed.
Only a complete moron wouldn't know that the Oilers have been one of the lowest scoring teams in the league the last 4 years so they won't be downgrading when its finally clicking.
I don't see a trade happening with Eberle at all

Connor

Aug 17, 2015
Eberle isn't a trade target. The Oilers need him.

Maybe this season the Oilers keep him. In the off season when the Oilers re-sign Draisaitl and probably re-up McDavid, they will need to clear cap space and the easiest place to have "cheaper" talent is on the wings.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
That'd be a ton of RW depth gone in a matter of weeks. Not signing Versteeg. Trading Yak. And then moving Eberle.

ichabod13

Oct 5, 2010
Baltimore Maryland
I believe they have a bag of pucks laying around somewhere.
wow........you are funny.......nobody has ever heard the "bag of pucks" line before?
be original or just be quiet..........

i dont think long island has any interest in eberle.
and i really doubt that garth would give up what it would take to get perry. especially with his inflated contract.

oilsands

dirty oil, comin 4 u
Jul 6, 2007
Halland
You could have had Eberle in the summer for Hamonic, but posters from NYI said he was too soft and overpaid. The Oilers shipped Yak and Hall out instead, Eberle looks like a beast out there.

His last three years Eberle is scoring just under 30 goals a season, he will eclipse 30 this year.

underdog

Jul 30, 2003
British Columbia
Visit site
Eberle was a useless 1 dimensional forward in summer according to HF, lol. He's extremely under rated for his versatility and ability to have chemistry with just about any linemates. Not a defensive beast by any stretch but Oilers wouldn't have anyone in line up to replace his 25-30 goals.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
The price for Eberle has not changed since the last multiple dozen times this has been discussed. He is playing well, we only move him in a deal that fixes our defense. Not mildly improves it, fixes it. The Islanders don't have that type of player available. I am not sure that they even have that guy on their roster to be honest.

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
The price for Eberle has not changed since the last multiple dozen times this has been discussed. He is playing well, we only move him in a deal that fixes our defense. Not mildly improves it, fixes it. The Islanders don't have that type of player available. I am not sure that they even have that guy on their roster to be honest.

Hamonic would be at worst the Oilers #2 and probably be their best defenseman, same can be said for Leddy. The Isles would never consider trading either of them for Eberle. It's not a big accomplishment to be playing well next to the best player in the NHL.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Hamonic would be at worst the Oilers #2 and probably be their best defenseman, same can be said for Leddy. The Isles would never consider trading either of them for Eberle. It's not a big accomplishment to be playing well next to the best player in the NHL.
Sure dude....
Let's ignore that Eberle has put up 30+ goals before without McDavid(and RNH/Hall missing a huge chunk of the season)
Oilers aren't helping Snow out of that hole he's dug.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad