Perron suspended 6 games for crosscheck to the face on Zub - Mod warning Post #590

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
Joseph hits Larkin in the head, as Larkin is going down Kelly buttends him in the jaw. You can see it at the 4-5 second mark in the OP video. Keep your eye on 27, he is the one who knocked Larkin out.
That's what I said. From that video and description, it sounded like the 'headshot' was the hit to the back of the head - and what did the damage. From the angle in the clip, you can't see the butt end to the jaw.

Reactions: PaulD

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I suspect there will be two short suspensions on this play, one for each teams player. Neither will be long

ACLEVERNAME

Jan 6, 2010
I've got it on good authority that Perron wasted a full Sunday afternoon this summer scraping the "support Ukraine" bumper sticker off his BMW and is still pretty salty about it. This was a targeted attack and the Larkin 'situation' was just an open opportunity for him. 15+ games

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Sugar-free Rock Star
May 11, 2023
Perron should get 5 for that. Absolutely unacceptable. Real bad result for Larkin, but I don't think Joseph or Kelly deserve anything more than the penalties they got. I would, potentially, be in favor of the league universally starting to come down hard on hits to the head and neck around though. Can't be serious about head trauma if you don't.

As the NHL is called and how they react, Ottawa's guy/s deserve 2 minutes a piece. Optionally, I think plays like this ought to be reviewed.

Reactions: Voodoo Glow Skulls

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
1 or 2 due to the initial game misconduct. Already served 1 game in the dpos eyes

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Minimum 4 games. Going after the wrong guy with a cross-check to his head is crazy.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Imo they will make an example out of him. The league hates situations where a player tries to enact justice in blatant ways like that. They know that going light on Perron will have a bad effect

Reactions: swiftwin

BraveCanadian

Jun 30, 2010
Should be a hefty ban for something as stupid and dangerous as that cross check, but because this is the NHL, it will be something like 5 or 6.

The real interesting thing will be to see what they do about two players hitting another players head carelessly in one play.

Hockeyfan2390

Nov 19, 2010
Kansas City, MO
Should be 10, but he'll probably get 5 because Zub wasn't seriously hurt.

Games? Lmao.

Should be at least 5 but my guess is 3

Why would there be a suspension to an Ottawa player?

Punching Larkin the back of the head resulting in him laying motionless on the ice (also his second attempt to injure him during his career) isn't worth a suspension to you?

Reactions: iDangleDangle
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad