GDT: Perds @ Abes | 4pm MT | High Effort Emergency GDT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
But then he had no gas left in the tank for the playoffs.
The entire team played like crap in the playoffs, I don't think it's fair at all to pin that series on Georgie. In the last 3 games of that series, the Avs scored four goals total, including just one each in games 6 and 7. That isn't good enough to win any playoff series, prime Roy couldn't have dragged us to a victory with that kind of pitiful offense.

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
Why are Predators fans acting like the refs gave this game to the Avalanche?

The PPs ended up 6-5... they're acting like the Avs had 10 PPs and the Preds had none.

Reeks of Oiler fans complaining endlessly in 2022 about the so-called PP discrepancy when after the series was finished if you took away puck over glass automatics they were 13-11.
They're still doing that in their "Around the league" thread whining about our PPs against the Preds. You know their team relies so much on PP when they whine about reffing when the game hasn't even started yet. And even then they still do it after getting swept :laugh: Instead of focusing how their team gonna play they focus on reffing. At this point nothing suprises me with this fanbase.

Reactions: Azrael89

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
They just re-signed Annunen to a 2 year, 1 way deal. Feels safe to say he's likely that backup next season.
What are the chances Justus can actually become a starter next year, then the Avs can trade Georgiev which will help to resign Drouin and get a cheap back up

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I’m tired , can you dumb this down for me. I’m failing to grasp your thought here
you get what you pay for

Avs don't want to pay good starter money for the good starters and they don't want to use 1st round picks on the highest ranked goaltenders.

Reactions: lionsDen

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Best case scenario is Georgiev lays an egg in the playoffs, Justus takes over and leads the Avs to cup win. He becomes the starter next year, we trade Georgiev in the offseason, use that cap space to resign Drouin

Reactions: missionAvs

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
Also Nathan mackinnon just passed Peter forseberg and plan Nolan in all time points in this game 1 point behind team mate Zach parise. We have the worst media in all sports… they’d rather talk about their mountain time nonsense

Last edited:

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
Matt Murray: 13 NHL games when the 2016 playoffs started.

Justus Annunen: 13 NHL games played.

Binnington was a rookie, too. It can definitely happen. I'm not quite ready to trust him with that yet over Georgiev, but it's getting closer.
Roy and Ward too

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
Not a fan of Foudy, he’d be deep on my depth chart come playoff time. Kiviranta is definitely better. Oloffson too, but I’m not even sure if he’s with the org anymore.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Not a fan of Foudy, he’d be deep on my depth chart come playoff time. Kiviranta is definitely better. Oloffson too, but I’m not even sure if he’s with the org anymore.
Foudy has no idea what to do with the puck and skates aimlessly without direction.

If you could harness his thinking you might have an LOC type in the future but that is wishful thinking imo. He is as AHL as it gets.

Reactions: missionAvs

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Foudy has no idea what to do with the puck and skates aimlessly without direction.

If you could harness his thinking you might have an LOC type in the future but that is wishful thinking imo. He is as AHL as it gets.
He doesn't have the body type needed to play a LOC style game anyway. Dude is skinny and kinda frail.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
lol at mikko getting to 100 points tonight and hardly a mention of it.
I don't think it will happen, but if we were to get rid of him, I bet some people would regret that pretty soon. Even on off nights, he still finds a way to produce. There are not that many guys in the league that can do that.

Bednar needs to throw Annunen in some of the tougher games remaining. Georgiev shouldn't have anything to say against that, he needs to rest as well.

Reactions: Azrael89

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com
Missed the game, but watched the highlights

- 1st goal, not really on Georgie, like where was the D., 2nd goal, bad break, pass across gets blocked and right back to the shooter. Third he should've had, fourth you would've liked a stop on the 2-1. Whats concerning is every goal was high blocker side. They need to fix that asap. And if he gets suspended 1 game for the puck thing, so be it, we play CBJ Monday. Georgie is the starter for the playoffs, but he'll be on a short lesh and his play will dictate his roster spot next year.
- I'm more concerned about Makar. Like what the hell was that on the 3rd goal. 32 year old Jason Zucker skated around him like it was nothing, I had to do a double take to make sure it was Makar and not Manson. Its obvious he needs hip surgery or something. Hopefully the Avs find time to rest him before the playoffs. But man, matchups in the playoffs, Makar is going to need help.
- Hopefully Colton isn't concussed too long and Walker's ribs aren't totally messed up.

wayninja

Win it for Val
Mar 24, 2017
Also Nathan mackinnon just passed Peter forseberg and plan Nolan in all time points in this game 1 point behind team mate Zach parise. We have the worst media in all sports… they’d rather talk about their mountain time nonsense
I hear they are crushable

• Haha
Reactions: niwotsblessing

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Missed the game, but watched the highlights

- 1st goal, not really on Georgie, like where was the D., 2nd goal, bad break, pass across gets blocked and right back to the shooter. Third he should've had, fourth you would've liked a stop on the 2-1. Whats concerning is every goal was high blocker side. They need to fix that asap. And if he gets suspended 1 game for the puck thing, so be it, we play CBJ Monday. Georgie is the starter for the playoffs, but he'll be on a short lesh and his play will dictate his roster spot next year.
- I'm more concerned about Makar. Like what the hell was that on the 3rd goal. 32 year old Jason Zucker skated around him like it was nothing, I had to do a double take to make sure it was Makar and not Manson. Its obvious he needs hip surgery or something. Hopefully the Avs find time to rest him before the playoffs. But man, matchups in the playoffs, Makar is going to need help.
- Hopefully Colton isn't concussed too long and Walker's ribs aren't totally messed up.
The first goal was a guy between the circles all alone with an eternity to pick his spot. Few NHL players are going to miss from there when they have that much time and space. The third one was just an unlucky deflection, human reflexes don't work fast enough to deal with a puck changing directions unpredictability like that. And the last goal was again a shooter below the circles with zero pressure and all the time in the world to pick the same spot in the top corner. Goals one and four both landed in the top two inches of the corner, perfect shots. If the shooters had been checked or even just rushed a little bit making their shots, those could have just as easily been post and out.

The only goal I thought was on him was the second one. He doesn't track the puck well there and reacts as if it went all the way through Toews to the other side. By the time he realizes where it is, he's out of position. If he doesn't move to his left, that puck goes into his logo.

Reactions: SirLoinOfCloth

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad