GDT: Perds @ Abes | 4pm MT | High Effort Emergency GDT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GeoRox89

Tricky Trees
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
I get it, but has anyone won the Cup with a rookie mystery box goalie with so few NHL games?
Someone brought up Matt Murray but Cam Ward also only had 28 career games before getting thrown into the playoffs with a series deficit and winning a Conn Smythe. Play Justus 6 of the last 9 and you’re looking at 20 career games vs 28 is not a whole lot of difference

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Idgaf about seeding. If any player is even the slightest bit hurt, sit them.

*Bednar doubles down and plays MacKinnon 40 minutes*

He's the exception. I want him to get all the individual awards this year. Yeah, the cup is the most important and he'll definitely tell you that but he deserves those accolades as well. It wouldn't be right if one of the great players of his generation and in Avs history has an empty trophy case.

avalanche_country

Mar 3, 2004
Denver, CO
He's the exception. I want him to get all the individual awards this year. Yeah, the cup is the most important and he'll definitely tell you that but he deserves those accolades as well. It wouldn't be right if one of the great players of his generation and in Avs history has an empty trophy case.
Lady Byng winner though ha

BobRossColton

Jun 27, 2011
Denver
Justus and Georgie just need to switch off every two the remainder of the season

I'm also very ready for us to start rolling the lines.

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
I would probably still go with Georgiev in the playoffs at this point, but it’s not by a lot. And there’s still time left in the season for me to change my mind.

If Annunen had a better career in the minors, I think the Avs would be more inclined to go quicker to him, but this is the best he’s ever played.

I guess you want to be a better pro, than minor player, but it’s unexpected.

Georgiev is just awful sometimes though. He gets in these modes where every scoring chance is going in. He just can’t seem to come up with a stop.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I would probably still go with Georgiev in the playoffs at this point, but it’s not by a lot. And there’s still time left in the season for me to change my mind.

If Annunen had a better career in the minors, I think the Avs would be more inclined to go quicker to him, but this is the best he’s ever played.

Georgiev is just awful sometimes though. He gets in these modes where every scoring chance is going in. He just can’t seem to come up with a stop.
I keep repeating myself here but Georgiev is a good backup goaltender. He never was a starter before coming here and the most games he had played in a single season was 34.

He plays like a backup goalie too: he makes most easy saves but he can't make the big saves on a regular basis. He'll give you a chance to win, but will not win you the game.

Also, like any backup, he shouldn't start 60 games a year or he'll get exposed.

We don't want to spend money on a starting goalie nor use 1st round picks to draft them. It is what it is.

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
Love the fight in this team but they piss me off skmetimes(all the time)
Hope walkers ok.
Sometimes their

Georgiev needs to go this summer… upgrading the net is priority #1 use the assets to make it georgiev si gonna be a distraction if Justus keeps playing well

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA

I agree, however it needs to be an incredibly short leash.

Reactions: NorthernAvsFan

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
I keep repeating myself here but Georgiev is a good backup goaltender. He never was a starter before coming here and the most games he had played in a single season was 34.

He plays like a backup goalie too: he makes most easy saves but he can't make the big saves on a regular basis. He'll give you a chance to win, but will not win you the game.

We don't want to spend money on a starting goalie nor use 1st round picks to draft them. It is what it is.
Without the Avs great offense. He wouldn’t be even giving us a chance to win, dude has to go this summer before he becomes a big distraction like in NY

Zandar

Jan 20, 2007
Annunen has played well, but starting a rookie goalie in the playoffs, who hadn't even proven he was an NHL backup until a few weeks ago sounds like a recipe for disaster.

He's got 13 NHL games and 0 NHL playoff games.
Roy had a sub 900 regular season save percentage his rookie year and went on to win the Cup that year. Crazy things can happen.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015

I mean, last season he played 62 games, and posted a 2.53GAA/.918SV% and 40 wins. Those aren't really backup numbers. Say all you want about how he's played this season, but he does at least have one good year as a starter. I think skepticism is warranted, but no need to go over the top and rewrite history. We were all perfectly happy with him last year.

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014

He’s certainly played like a backup this year, but he was a .920 last year in 62 games. He’s also one of the most athletic goaltenders in the league.

But there’s a level of poise and calmness you need at the position and it’s escaped him this year.

Annunen seems a lot more calm and in control than Georgiev.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I mean, last season he played 62 games, and posted a 2.53GAA/.918SV% and 40 wins. Those aren't really backup numbers. Say all you want about how he's played this season, but he does at least have one good year as a starter. I think skepticism is warranted, but no need to go over the top and rewrite history. We were all perfectly happy with him last year.
But then he had no gas left in the tank for the playoffs.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
Being upset at Georgiev is like someone buying one of the cheapest car on the market and then being upset because the car feels cheap.
I’m tired , can you dumb this down for me. I’m failing to grasp your thought here

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad