Per Friedman: Coyotes players told team moving to Utah starting next season (Mod warning post #50)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I feel bad for the actual Coyotes fans if this comes to fruition. I know there aren't enough of them currently for the market to be viable, but there are clearly passionate fans who will be hurt by the team moving. Anyone who tries to go to games, watches on tv or waste as much time here as we do.clearly cares.

As for Arizona getting an expansion team? Possible, but I don't think they immediately jump to the front of the line unless the arena is built. You have to think the NHL has more interest in Houston and Atlanta just based on market size. And, it's not like those cities don't have wealth/large companies and aren't also rapidly growing too.

Wasting time or... as I like to call it, avoiding doing any actual work :sarcasm:

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
AS SOON AS APRIL 18th
This deserves the Triple Keanu

1712779943553.png

1712779957655.png

1712779969524.png

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
AS SOON AS APRIL 18th

My heart goes out to the Coyote faithful if there is (in fact) a relocation. Guys like @RABBIT and @TheLegend in particular have been nothing but class every time I've talked to them. Anyone who would celebrate this at their expense is openly an asshole.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Yes, I believe against Motorcycles and stuff too. You can violate it, but if you get injured doing it, they can void your contract. Tons of activities deemed high risk that if you get injured doing can get your contract voided.

I’d be interested to see the language. I know all these guys wakeboard/wakesurf and many Cali guys surf so wonder where the line for teams is.

Always hard to feel bad for player lifestyle but has to sting a little — hard to imagine being a young millionaire in SLC and you can’t ski.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Yeah, this seems like more tangible news but the amount of back-side covering in these reports that follows in fine print after the big attention grabbing headline tells me once again this isn’t nearly as close to some sort of lock as now pretty much everybody here is assuming it is.

I’ll believe it when the moving vans are en route to Tempe.

Reactions: Dead Coyote

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I'm not convinced Meruelo would even stick around to build An arena if the team moves.

Sure, there's a money making aspect (tho I'm sure he has lots of opportunities available) but he has no ties to the area.

It sounds like a stipulation of Meruelo selling is that they bring back the Coyotes with an expansion team once the Phoenix arena situation gets sorted out.

Complete speculation on my part:

-Salt Lake City went to the NHL adamant about getting an expansion team, where the NHL realized that Salt Lake City can support a team right now.
-The NHL went to Meruelo and basically said "we'll buy the Coyotes off of you to sell them to a team that will move them to Salt Lake City"
-Meruelo and the NHL are negotiating what the deal would look like for that so that it doesn't end up in court, with Meruelo getting things like a guaranteed expansion team (if he gets an arena), a reduced expansion fee and stuff along those lines.

The NHL seems like the one that is pushing this move, just so they don't have to keep the Coyotes playing in Mullett Arena and be stuck in limbo going forward. It sounds like the NHL is trying to convince Meruelo to sell the team to them, rather than Meruelo trying to back out of having a NHL team.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I can't tell if you're serious. This is wayyyy overdue and has been a complete embarrassment
No. Your behavior is embarrassing. The ideas are not mutually exclusive. Ask any Coyote fan if they thought playing at Mullett was a good idea and if they aren't frustrated at their local government dragging the team through the sand. I have gone through this as a Rays fan since like 2006 and thankfully have not lost my team.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
My heart goes out to the Coyote faithful if there is (in fact) a relocation. Guys like @RABBIT and @TheLegend in particular have been nothing but class every time I've talked to them. Anyone who would celebrate this at their expense is openly an asshole.
I'm celebrating it because it's an embarrassment to a league who already struggles with legitimacy in the US. If Arizona wants a team then get an owner who is committed to making it happen. I was an ATL fan, lost the team because of moron owners which was right for the league (for the most part), and now we have committed ownership ready to bring them back.

Revisit once you get committed ownership.

Spirits

Avalanche and Vikings
Jul 12, 2014
I’m becoming a full-time Tampa Bay Lightning fan if we move. Just felt like saying that somewhere.
When the Vikings were in talks about moving to LA, I had decided I was going to become a Baltimore Raven fan if that happened. When your team is teetering on the edge of existence, it is worth looking to what you will do if they leave.

Reactions: Summer Rose

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
No. Your behavior is embarrassing. The ideas are not mutually exclusive. Ask any Coyote fan if they thought playing at Mullett was a good idea and if they aren't frustrated at their local government dragging the team through the sand. I have gone through this as a Rays fan since like 2006 and thankfully have not lost my team.
I have been there as an ATL fan. I regret nothing. Great for the league.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
When the Vikings were in talks about moving to LA, I had decided I was going to become a Baltimore Raven fan if that happened. When your team is teetering on the edge of existence, it is worth looking to what you will do if they leave.

Luckily I’d kind of given up on the season already, married a Bolts fan four years ago, and live in Florida now already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad