Roster Moves: Per Agent, Mason Likely Moving on From Flyers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
You and I are of completely the same mind when it comes to Mason.

yeah. Look I like the guy, but this isnt about being against Mason. I have said it from the beginning. I am against giving any goalie a 5 year deal. That was back when Bishop and other goalies were available.
If he wants to test the market and if he thinks Winnipeg, or Vancouver or Arizona can give him the type of long term security he wants then good for him.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
You have to think that there is some real damage between Mase and The Flyers. Both parties do not have a ton of options this Saturday yet still can not come to a deal that both are happy with.

I really hope we get some info as who is driving the bus in this divorce...

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
You have to think that there is some real damage between Mase and The Flyers. Both parties do not have a ton of options this Saturday yet still can not come to a deal that both are happy with.

I really hope we get some info as who is driving the bus in this divorce...

It could be happening from both sides.

Mason doesn't like how Hak handled the goalies.
Hak doesn't like a player being vocal against him.

Hextall is the middle and for all we know Hak has told him to go find someone else more "coachable". And Hextall is sitting there knowing that Mason is the best goalie available, but goes against his coach by re-signing him.

Reality is, neither Mason OR the Flyers have better options than each other.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Nah...a bit lower.

Reimer at 3.5
Greiss at 3.3

I view those as 1B money. Regardless, good money for a goalie who was waived last year.

27 years old career .908 SV% in 96 games.

I think Reimer and Greiss start most of their team's games in 17-18.

Les Averman

Mar 3, 2015
Pittsburgh, PA
I'd assume Mason's problem with the team begins and ends with Hakstol. He doesn't care for the way he was used and the way his situation was handled, and he was plenty vocal about it. I'd prefer not to have a goalie handle the situation that way with the media, but I get why he was so upset and frustrated by it - it was entirely illogical. Almost have to rule him out to return while Hakstol is here. Who knows which direction we're going at this point.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
large_mzCTGi8s72xjLT40y7H8IyjOV3v.jpg

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
I'd assume Mason's problem with the team begins and ends with Hakstol. He doesn't care for the way he was used and the way his situation was handled, and he was plenty vocal about it. I'd prefer not to have a goalie handle the situation that way with the media, but I get why he was so upset and frustrated by it - it was entirely illogical. Almost have to rule him out to return while Hakstol is here. Who knows which direction we're going at this point.

I also hate how Mase played so much when we wanted Stolie playing after a 2 solid games, it goes both ways,,,

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Elliot is at least used to starting 40+ games and used to platooning. And this year aside, has put up steady numbers.

And he has only ever made 2.5 million on his highest contract, so another 2.6-3 contract he could be fine with. Whereas Manson taking 3 is a big paycut.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
I am going to laugh if Mason ends up signing somewhere where he is going to be in a tandem situation and isn't given and proclaimed the number 1 goalie. Winnipeg is asking for trouble if they sign Mason unless all of a sudden they no longer believe in Connor Hellebuyck. I just can't see them investing multiple years and significant dollars in Mason when they already have Hellebuyck but it sure sounds legit. I thought for sure that Winnipeg would sign Brian Elliott, as he would be the perfect guy to play in tandem with a young goalie like Hellebuyck.

As for the Flyers, I have been saying for weeks now that Jonathan Bernier is obviously the person who is coming here and I stand by that prediction.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
That's the big issue really. We are destined to have this uncertainly for the next 3-5 years.

A potential Bernier/Neuvirth combo would basically have me hoping Stolarz takes a huge leap next year. Not just for going forward but that actual season too. That's not really an inspiring duo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad