GDT: Pens vs Oilers 1900hrs EST

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Rutherford quitting and Hextall/Burke getting hired was the parting gift from Lemiuex and Burkle.

FSG didn't come on until later.

Blaming Hextall for a coach that was already prioritizing shitty players and misusing good ones is a narrative Rossi and Yohe wanted to push super hard. It started under JR and he even knew his power was done and the coach had it and bounced. Hextall knew as well and couldn't fix a problematic coach that negotiated his own extension with ownership.

Dubas is now looking like a f*** up as well. Even the greatest GM could be hired and if he can't fire the coach, would have the same issues.

Reactions: Le Magnifique 66

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
At one point the Pens cared about winning as an organization and not wasting Sidney Crosby but those days are long since past
wasting what exactly? A top 20 player?
Who f****g cares. A bunch of those guys don't make the playoffs.
And BTW Sid insisted on bringing back 71 (hasn't scored in a month) and 58 (gave away game yesterday). And loves Sully.

Time to acknowledge reality. There isn't juice in this team. One logical path.

Reactions: Le Magnifique 66

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Tanking this season is actually f-ing terrible unless the Pens end up winning the lottery and picking top 3 because then San Jose gets our unprotected first next season and can I see a show of hands here at anyone who thinks this team won't be picking top 10 again next year?

Just brutal. brutal brutal.
So, do you think that finishing one point behind the playoffs is better? Or miraculously losing in R1? This team is so old, so broken, so mentally weak. They would never win a playoff overtime, if it ever happened. Let alone playoffs series or game 7. Just losers, finding excellent ways to lose. Not with this coaching staff. This is the best possible outcome, easily.

The Great Mighty Poo

I don't like you either.
Feb 21, 2020

YARN | Again. | Miracle (2004) | Video gifs by quotes | 4d4d106f | 紗

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
If we’re done we need to call up Hellberg and sign Sparks to an NHL deal and do a proper tank. Like when the Caps called up Yeats down the stretch in 04.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
wasting what exactly? A top 20 player?
Who f****g cares. A bunch of those guys don't make the playoffs.
And BTW Sid insisted on bringing back 71 (hasn't scored in a month) and 58 (gave away game yesterday). And loves Sully.

Time to acknowledge reality. There isn't juice in this team. One logical path.
The thing is, you might be right about there not being enough juice left.

But there's only one way to be sure about that and that is to fire the coach and see if the team still sucks after doing so.

But they refuse to do it.

Maybe they do suck and maybe replacing Sullivan doesn't do jack shit. But you have to f-ing try. Otherwise, what are we even doing here?

Reactions: akapidots and Turin

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Sully also f***ed Ned. I stated several times this f***ing :eek::eek::eek::eek: doesn't understand how a rotation works to his benefit at all. Ned hasn't played any during this western trip and he is thrown in vs the Oilers after not playing for over a week?

Pure idiocy. The last game Ned played was Feb 20th.

I don't get how anyone defends Sullivan for anything. You have to be so low in IQ to think he isn't the biggest issue.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
I'd watch if this was Sullys last game, but lol we are the only team in the NHL that keeps their coach when they suck.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
So, do you think that finishing one point behind the playoffs is better? Or miraculously losing in R1? This team is so old, so broken, so mentally weak. They would never win a playoff overtime, if it ever happened. Let alone playoffs series or game 7. Just losers, finding excellent ways to lose. Not with this coaching staff. This is the best possible outcome, easily.
Right now I'm not even comfortable in saying the Pens will beat the Jackets at home Tuesday

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I'm just really worried that this team will end up picking like 8th, keep the pick, and then next year they'll pick top 5 but lose it to SJ.

If I'm the Pens I'd have to think seriously hard about keeping the pick if it's outside the top 5 range.

Because given the age of this team and their refusal to fire Mike Sullivan it feels like there's an entirely real possibility that they pick top 5 next year.

Reactions: Andy99

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
The thing is, you might be right about there not being enough juice left.

But there's only one way to be sure about that and that is to fire the coach and see if the team still sucks after doing so.

But they refuse to do it.

Maybe they do suck and maybe replacing Sullivan doesn't do jack shit. But you have to f-ing try. Otherwise, what are we even doing here?

It doesn't matter. They should have replaced Sullivan years ago and given it a try. It's done. The hole this year is too big and the team is going to be terrible with Malkin/Letang/Crosby/Karlsson age regression next year.

I hate Mike Sullivan but there is no path where we are a contender again. So please do both. Fire Sully and blow it up.

Reactions: Darren McCord

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad