PENS vs Montreal Canadiens Round 1 (Best Of Five)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
I'm not debating as to whether he should play center or wing. I'm ok with him as a pivot. All I'm suggesting is that wherever he plays he needs to produce. 3C seems to make the most sense. But he needs to score with more consistency..
He was producing at a 43pt pace, he's been producing as a better C than we've had in a while. You're projecting some weird production ideas on him.

Btw, you know where that 43pt pace production puts him 3C wise on the Pens? 2nd to Jordan Staal for production by a 3C for this team. Maybe relax.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Oh, yeah. I guess he's still a Pen, right?
Disgustingly, yes.

I think he'll be in the line up. I'd be surprised if he weren't.

Marleau-McCann-Bjugstad with NB taking some of the faceoffs on the right side.

Sheary has produced at a 0.5ppg pace, there's virtually no chance Hornqvist is out of the line-up for Bjugstad either, Marleau has gotten a few months of rest.

Nick is on the outside looking in right now, unless there was a very bad game by a player or an injury, I do not see him starting any game.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
He was producing at a 43pt pace, he's been producing as a better C than we've had in a while. You're projecting some weird production ideas on him.

Btw, you know where that 43pt pace production puts him 3C wise on the Pens? 2nd to Jordan Staal for production by a 3C for this team. Maybe relax.
How many goals did he score over his last twenty games? I honestly don't remember, but my guess is one or two. And if that's the case, regardless as to where he played, that's a bit of a concern. He goes ice cold, and we can't afford that in a short series.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
I’m not sure Bjugstad will be healthy given the nature of his injury.
Yeah the fact that he was out again and then the shutdown and lack of rehabilitating his injury at a facility, he's basically back to needing to properly rehab his injury when things start up again and hopefully that takes weeks.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I’m not sure Bjugstad will be healthy given the nature of his injury.
That might not be a bad thing then. But given the idea that we're still well over a month away from any games, who knows if he's back or not.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I wouldn't be surprised if Lafferty gets in some games if the Sheary's of the world struggle.

Reactions: ownal

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I'll be glad to have both Dumo and Marino ready to go full tilt. Add in Jake and That should make a profound difference. Just hope it shows on the ice with limited time for margin of error.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
It looks awful now. Kahun would’ve been perfect depth with Jake being healthy and it would have forced Hornqvist to L1 or L2.
As someone that was a huge advocate for Kahun being in the top 6 and re-signing him, I didn't like that deal and I still feel like Sully wanted Sheary back and well, got him back. Dude loves his midget.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
It looks awful now. Kahun would’ve been perfect depth with Jake being healthy and it would have forced Hornqvist to L1 or L2.
Likely Sids wing (Horny). I don't think Sully splits up Geno and Rust.

But getting Jake back is absolutely huge for us. He's one of the best two way wings in the game. I don't think another team gets that big of an add due to the time off. Hamilton should be back for the Canes, and Tarasenko for the Blues, but I'll take Jake over both.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
it would have forced Hornqvist to L1 or L2.
FXLThSZ.jpg

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Hornqvist has been getting "playoff bumps" to Sid's line for a while. They continue to insist on torturing Malkin with him throughout the seasons, too. I would not at all be surprised to see him riding shotgun with Crosby at some point in this tournament. Sheary or not.

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Hornqvist has been getting "playoff bumps" to Sid's line for a while. They continue to insist on torturing Malkin with him throughout the seasons, too. I would not at all be surprised to see him riding shotgun with Crosby at some point in this tournament. Sheary or not.
I think he'll play there, but I don't think it will be permanent. Probably not even full games.

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Any word on Dumo and Marino?
They just got back to the line up prior to the virus shutting down the league. They should be good to go.

TBTH I think this benefits the Pens as much or more than any team in the league. Any team that had momentum has to go back to square one now. We're getting a game breaker back into the line up and Sid and Geno even at their age should be fresh and raring to go.

This is an outstanding chance for this team. And if by chance we lose to the Habs we're gonna get a fairly high draft pick in the lottery. I cannot think of another team that could be aided in this scenario more than us.

Reactions: TheTang58
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad