Pre-Game Talk: Pens vs #1 Left Cicle Sniper In the League tweets LINE COMBINATIONS and complaining!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I like how Shelly uses the cap excuse for having nothing to work with on the 4th line.

Uh, theres better, cheaper options playing in WBS right now hunny!

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
So Shelly is an ass kisser, an incompetent ass kisser, but even she acknowledged that Bylsma is a "fan" of Adams. Her defending of Orpik will never not be funny, they all like to pretend that his **** ups are anomalies or believe that they are because stupid.

People from here asking the questions, ask about Orpik being bad all season, no loopholes of it being recent.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
That chat was hirarious. I somehow missed Orpik's spin-o-rama against the Peg. That's my new favorite Brooks moment.

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
So as fans in order to air our frustrations in the form of rational (in that script, not on here obviously) questions. This is the best we get?

Pens roster and glaring mistakes you say, I haven't looked into that one yet.

WhatsaMaatta

Feb 2, 2008
Not just based on that chat transcript, but every time I've heard her in general, it sounds like there are a lot of actual Pens fans who do more work in their spare time than Shelly does on the job. She must have some solid connections.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Right. But there's complaining to be done so shush.

:laugh:

Exactly. I mean how the hell could Shero have not seen the future and then promptly distracted the ~25 GMs ahead of us when Konopka was placed. He's so bad at his job. :shakehead

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Pyatt was claimed before Konopka was even placed on waivers.

And Kanopka didn't make it past Buffalo on the waiver wire, right?

Both true.

Pyatt brings nothing to the table, absolutely nothing. I won't go crazy and say Scrabbles deserves to be in Pittsburgh, because he's kind of a ****** player, but the dude does at least three things well - he plays hard, he plays fast, and he draws penalties.

As ****** as he is otherwise, those are three things that are needed on our fourth line right now. Pyatt's proficiency along the boards isn't even getting a chance to be tested out as every time he's on the ice the other team has the puck in our damn zone...and not along the walls. That's not all on him, but he's not bringing any elements that fix that atrocious bottom six. If nothing else, Scrabbles draws a penalty just because of his speed at a regular clip. Pyatt's sloth-like skating is never going to draw a penalty unless he gets high-sticked.

The solace I took in Pyatt's spot on the roster being thanks solely to injuries doesn't really help as we've had two more guys go down since he was claimed.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I'm not saying Pyatt was a good pickup. I'm just saying that Kanopka has nothing to do with why Pyatt was a bad pickup.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Pyatt does bring the ability to protect the puck in the offensive zone along the boards, of course whil playing with two or three guys incapable of any puck possession, skating, shooting, or passing abilities that's kind of a waste... I have long been a proponant of the "if you don't have the skill, have the speed" philosophy for the bottom lines. If it aint a checking line or a true shutdown line you may as well go with an energy line. Draw penalties, and on the PK speed is gold...

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
And Kanopka didn't make it past Buffalo on the waiver wire, right?

Because Konopka is actually useful.

Wonder how much longer until Pyatt gets waived again.

I think that he's more likely to get injured. It probably depends on the injury situation, so possibly never.

You have to actually exert effort in order to get hurt, usually. Pyatt should be safe.

Pyatt does bring the ability to protect the puck in the offensive zone along the boards, of course while playing with two or three guys incapable of any puck possession, skating, shooting, or passing abilities that's kind of a waste...

Brandon Sutter could be excused of having piss-poor linemates, but not Pyatt. Pyatt IS one of those piss-poor linemates for everybody else on the roster.

He sucks so badly and this was known before his claim. And yet here we are.

Your Boy Troy

Sep 19, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
Do you know what would have been a good waiver pick-up? Luke Gazdic, Anthony Peluso, or Brandon Mashinter. I hate to be negative, but this guys provide more than Craig Adams or Tanner Glass will ever contribute.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Pyatt IS one of those piss-poor linemates for everybody else on the roster.

He sucks so badly and this was known before his claim. And yet here we are.

Much too soon. He has hardly had a full practice session with the team yet, and he is not going to be effective for us unless there is at least one guy there on his line who can turn possession on the wall or in the corners into something. Be it Megna or Bennett once they return, I am not at all certain Pyatt won't come useful for us.

More than anything because his good qualities are in such short supply on this team. And moreover - we certainly have forwards on this team right now who actively hurt us more.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Not familiar with him, anyone have a scouting report on him?

http://forecaster.thehockeynews.com/hockeynews/hockey/player.php?5182

Assets: Has versatility--he can play both center and wing--and is both a scorer and solid defensive player at lower levels. Can also be a decent playmaker.

Flaws: Doesn't play with enough consistency, which he will need in order to become successful at the National Hockey League level. Lacks ideal size.

Career Potential: Depth forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad