Pre-Game Talk: Pens vs #1 Left Cicle Sniper In the League tweets LINE COMBINATIONS and complaining!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
That depends. The job of a beat report is to write about their team, nothing more nothing less. So unless they're writing about a trade, they don't really need to know anything about other players around the league.

Right but if you are going to have a chat out there, shouldn't you at least have opinions on these things? I mean she didn't actually answer any questions. She just said "haven't really thought about it". The rest of the "info" she gave us was already released in tweets and such. I mean one would assume reporters for hockey teams actually enjoy what they do. They probably like hockey and would know something about it. Isn't that a reasonable assumption?

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
So you're Kirk who asked about Shero not wanting to break up the family?

No, but that's another good idea. Post under someone else's hfboards username in the Shelley Anderson chat and implicate them.

TilTheEndofTime: Hi, Shelley, I love Kris Letang's game so much. Ray Shero really got a bargain on re-signing him.

Shelley: I don't really have an opinion on that.

LetangInTheSO

Oct 17, 2008
That depends. The job of a beat report is to write about their team, nothing more nothing less. So unless they're writing about a trade, they don't really need to know anything about other players around the league.

I don't hold a beat reporter to the same standard as, say, an investigative reporter, but the standard you've outlined is still too low.

This person's job is to cover a pretty simple topic (a friggin' non-political corporate entity that sells an entertainment product). I don't think it's asking too much for her to be familiar with the team's product (hockey) outside of the walls of the Consol Energy Center. I can't imagine how she can be content that she's doing a good job when her answers to the most basic questions are "I really don't know anything about that" or "I've never thought about it."

Get To Our Game

May 31, 2008
Pittsburgh
No, but that's another good idea. Post under someone else's hfboards username in the Shelley Anderson chat and implicate them.

TilTheEndofTime: Hi, Shelley, I love Kris Letang's game so much. Ray Shero really got a bargain on re-signing him.

Shelley: I don't really have an opinion on that.

Damn, I was going to suggest/do this.

I don't hold a beat reporter to the same standard as, say, an investigative reporter, but the standard you've outlined is still too low.

This person's job is to cover a pretty simple topic (a friggin' non-political corporate entity that sells an entertainment product). I don't think it's asking too much for her to be familiar with the team's product (hockey) outside of the walls of the Consol Energy Center. I can't imagine how she can be content that she's doing a good job when her answers to the most basic questions are "I really don't know anything about that" or "I've never thought about it."

Especially if you're going to be hosting a chat where people ask you questions about it. Christ, have a tab open with google/wiki/this board so you can at least give somebody else's opinion.

MeticulouslyDishevel

Oct 23, 2012
Right but if you are going to have a chat out there, shouldn't you at least have opinions on these things? I mean she didn't actually answer any questions. She just said "haven't really thought about it". The rest of the "info" she gave us was already released in tweets and such. I mean one would assume reporters for hockey teams actually enjoy what they do. They probably like hockey and would know something about it. Isn't that a reasonable assumption?

I'd say you've perfectly summed up a beat writer's job description. It's sad that there are some excellent blogs out there written by people who actually know about hockey, but those writers will never get media passes or the access that the papers do.

The Big Dawg*

You guys think there's a chance they'll call Zolnierchek to play on the fourth line. But then again, he's young, fast, for checks hard, plays with a passion and draws penalties, so probably not. Have we learned nothing over the years? Speed kills, especially in the bottom 6, it tires out the other teams defense and it sure as hell doesn't help when the other team has like pretty much offensive zone possession during the whole **** adams/glass are out there. Look at teams like chicago, st.louis, boston. So much speed & tenacity in their bottom six.

Guys like Zolynie get called up and play better than Glass & Adams have all year but get sent down and instead we claim a guy who's not even good enough to make the Rangers lineup. I just dont get it, and stuff like this pisses me off.

Sorry for my rant, but i became a fan of Zol when he played for us. Thought he deserved more playing time. :(

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
You guys think there's a chance they'll call Zolpathgbfsgbo to play on the fourth line. But then again, he's young, fast, for checks hard, plays with a passion and draws penalties, so probably not. Have we learned nothing over the years? Speed kills, especially in the bottom 6, it tires out the other teams defense and it sure as hell doesn't help when the other team has like pretty much offensive zone possession during the whole **** adams/glass are out there. Look at teams like chicago, st.louis, boston. So much speed & tenacity in their bottom six.

Guys like Zolynie get called up and play better than Glass & Adams have all year but get sent down and instead we claim a guy who's not even good enough to make the Rangers lineup. I just dont get it, and stuff like this pisses me off.

Sorry for my rant, but i became a fan of Zol when he played for us. Thought he deserved more playing time. :(

Fixed spelling.

Get To Our Game

May 31, 2008
Pittsburgh
I do want to see more Zolnierczyk. Part of that is because he plays like the Tasmanian Devil (the cartoon character) on skates and it's hilarious to me. Part of it is that I just got to the point where I can spell his name correctly without looking it up.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
You guys think there's a chance they'll call Zolnierchek to play on the fourth line. But then again, he's young, fast, for checks hard, plays with a passion and draws penalties, so probably not. Have we learned nothing over the years? Speed kills, especially in the bottom 6, it tires out the other teams defense and it sure as hell doesn't help when the other team has like pretty much offensive zone possession during the whole **** adams/glass are out there. Look at teams like chicago, st.louis, boston. So much speed & tenacity in their bottom six.

I don't really have an opinion on that

MeticulouslyDishevel

Oct 23, 2012

Exactly. How can someone possibly write articles about, say, Kunitz deserves to be on Team Canada when they know absolutely nothing about other players in the league who are also competing for that spot? *end rant*

Edit: And how can someone not know anything after writing about hockey for years? *end second rant*

Welcome. I think you're going to fit right in here.

The Big Dawg*

I don't really have an opinion on that

But do you think he should play over Pyatt, because i do. Not that anyone cares :(. Hell id play him over Adams & glass too. We're basically shooting ourselves in the foot here. Imagine zolnierczyk & Vitale on our fourth line just endlessly for-checking all shift long in their O zone with their speed. Would be much better sight to see than watching Glass & Adams constantly hemmed in our zone attempting to get the puck out but failing miserably.

Welcome. I think you're going to fit right in here.

Thanks

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
But do you think he should play over Pyatt, because i do. Not that anyone cares :(. Hell id play him over Adams & glass too. We're basically shooting ourselves in the foot here. Imagine zolnierczyk & Vitale on our fourth line just endlessly for-checking all shift long in their O zone with their speed. Would be much better sight to see than watching Glass & Adams constantly hemmed in our zone attempting to get the puck out but failing miserably.

Is this Eric Tangradi?

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Zol_ brings a ton of speed and intensity. The drawback is that his decision-making is rather random. He'll go get his own dump, but after that, it's anyone's guess as to the next thing he decides to do. While this confuses the other team, it's something of a problem as his linemates are equally confused.

That said, randomness and drawn penalties (read dives) is better than whatever it is Adams thinks he's doing. Edit: Pyatt too

ColdStare

Jul 20, 2011
Johnstown
Zol_ brings a ton of speed and intensity. The drawback is that his decision-making is rather random. He'll go get his own dump, but after that, it's anyone's guess as to the next thing he decides to do. While this confuses the other team, it's something of a problem as his linemates are equally confused.

That said, randomness and drawn penalties (read dives) is better than whatever it is Adams thinks he's doing. Edit: Pyatt too

Friday-daaaamn.gif

I like the speed and intensity Scrabbles brings over anything that Adams or Glass bring.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
I do want to see more Zolnierczyk. Part of that is because he plays like the Tasmanian Devil (the cartoon character) on skates and it's hilarious to me. Part of it is that I just got to the point where I can spell his name correctly without looking it up.

He screeches and gets horrible facial tumours?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad