Pre-Game Talk: Pens vs #1 Left Cicle Sniper In the League tweets LINE COMBINATIONS and complaining!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Shelly really hasn't thought about much of anything it seems.

I had the exact same thought. For someone who covers one specific hockey team for a living, she sure doesn't think much about how the team is functioning or how it might handle certain personnel.

What an embarrassment. More High Quality Pittsburgh Media.

I loved the Adams quote about "the feeling is Bylsma likes Adams".

No ****, Sherlock! Really?? I was sure that Bylsma was not an Adams fan. Explains why he constantly plays the guy whether the situation is appropriate to Adams' skill or not.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
How can we be out of forwards? Is that just for practice?

Forwards, just for the visual,

Injured Roster Players: Bennett, Dupuis, Kobasew, Vitale
Injured Call Ups: Conner, Ebbett, Gibbons, Megna
Maintenance Day: Neal
Called Up Today: Drazenovic
Healthy Roster Players: Crosby, Engelland (D/F), Jokinen, Kunitz, Malkin, Sutter; Adams, Glass, Pyatt (Waivers pickup)
Healthy Call Ups: Sill
Engelland 2.0 Attempt: Despres (Call up)

8 injured overall, 9 if Neal is included. 6 players/5 forwards have played every game this season.

We're out of forwards, the call ups keep getting injured now. I'm officially not going to complain about Shero picking Pyatt up from waivers, the injuries have reached the point that I just can't even when I grow to loath Pyatt. It's ****ing ridiculous, we're going dumpster diving again at this rate.

Last edited:

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5

Healthy Roster Players: Crosby, Engelland (D/F), Jokinen, Kunitz, Malkin, Sutter; Adams, Glass, Pyatt (Waivers pickup)

8 injured overall, 9 if Neal is included. 6 players/5 forwards have played every game this season.

We're out of forwards, the call ups keep getting injured now. I'm officially not going to complain about Shero picking Pyatt up from waivers, the injuries have reached the point that I just can't even when I grow to loath Pyatt. It's ****ing ridiculous, we're going dumpster diving again at this rate.

I heard Mario is working out with Caufield.... so expect Caufield to be on Sid's win by Monday

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
Despres as a forward? Well, better than sitting him again and better than another Kobasew-type scrub out there. We should seriously consider this or playing 7D in a unique situation like we have now.

Scud-Letang
Orpik-Bort
Maatta-Nisky

Kunitz-Crosby-Sutter
Jokinen-Malkin-Neal
Glass-Sill-Adams
Engelland-Despres-Pyatt
Drazenovic

That´s a funny bottom-6 :)

Icing 8 D, Shero's dream has been realized. :D

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Simon Despres could look like the second coming of Brent Burns the next game, he'd still be scratched as soon as any able body returns.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex

Okay, that depresses me now.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
At least Shelly doesn't just pull rumors out of her ass like Rossi does. The one good thing about her is generally if she says something it's based on real information.

But because of that she says very little that the fanbase doesn't already know because she's just in the dark about the Pen's plans as we are.

All that said it's still pathetic how she has no opinions on anything. For god's sake speculate on what you think the Pens will do. That is the whole point of these chats isn't it?

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
I don't know her at all, but this is usually what happens when somebody is doing something because they HAVE to, not because they want to. She might rather be somewhere else, anywhere else, but she's doing this gig at the moment.

I think it's pretty easy in sports media to see who REALLY wants to be there, and who doesn't. At least in my experience, those that are just passing through are easy to spot.

Erin Andrews has always looked the part of a sports person. Bryant Gumbel never did. Just two examples.

MeticulouslyDishevel

Oct 23, 2012
Pittsburgh Penguins @penguins

Short on forwards today, we're seeing unique lines. Sutter skating with 14 & 87, Pyatt with 36 & 71, even a turn for Despres at forward

**** off, Bylsma

Bylsma's trolling Despres even worse - now he gets to be a healthy scratch among defence men AND forwards.

Well played Disco. Well played.

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
Maybe Fleury will get hurt and we can put Scuderi in net!

Engelland-Despres-Dumoulin
Letang-Orpik
Scuderi

A gaping hell mouth will yawn across the Consol Ice as they usher in the Stretch Pass Apocalypse.

And Shero will descend from the press box rubbing his hands together and laughing evilly, revealing that he is the modern incarnation of Lucifer, and has conquered the earth for the Kingdom of Hell.

Hydro

Apr 29, 2013
Windsor
I actually wouldn't mind seeing Despres at forward if it meant he doesn't have to watch from the pressbox. I think he's pretty shifty with the puck and that he could actually be good in the offensive corners, by forechecking hard and such. Throw him on Sid's wing even, he's probably got the best "skillset" out of the all the guys who remain healthy.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Pittsburgh Penguins ‏@penguins 5h

Say hello to new guy, AKA birthday boy, AKA #40, AKA Nick Drazenovic http://instagram.com/p/jKAsd0upCP/

Shelly Anderson @pgshelly 1m

What do you know--turns out Nick Drazenovic got called up by, and practiced with, #Penguins on his 27th birthday.

more hard-hitting investigative journalism ;)

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I've always wondered how writers like Shelly Anderson and Rob Rossi got their gig covering a NHL team in the first place. Is it just their journalism degree and luck getting a job with a paper that happens to cover the Penguins? Because in terms of their ability to discuss/talk about hockey, they're worse than 90% of the folks on this site. And that's not an exaggeration.

Anderson, in particular, comes across more like a press secretary than someone who actually understands the game of hockey. She'll print what she's been told, repeat highlights of the game she's heard from other sources, but as far as giving her own informed opinion, she's incredibly lacking.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
You talk about the 'reporter' and I go to twitter, which sums up their greatest use.

Shelly Anderson ‏@pgshelly
BTW, Drazenovic slated to wear No. 40 for #Penguins

Remembering numbers is getting pointless.

Has this been mentioned? Confirmation.

Shelly Anderson ‏@pgshelly
Bylsma confirms no supplemental discipline for Bortuzzo and he's available for Wednesday. #Penguins

No news on Bylsma throwing something when he found out.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
I've always wondered how writers like Shelly Anderson and Rob Rossi got their gig covering a NHL team in the first place. Is it just their journalism degree and luck getting a job with a paper that happens to cover the Penguins? Because in terms of their ability to discuss/talk about hockey, they're worse than 90% of the folks on this site. And that's not an exaggeration.

Anderson, in particular, comes across more like a press secretary than someone who actually understands the game of hockey. She'll print what she's been told, repeat highlights of the game she's heard from other sources, but as far as giving her own informed opinion, she's incredibly lacking.

I think it's more that we are unlucky to have the Pens covered by them instead of them being fortunate since being a sportswriter isn't the most esteemed position for journalism majors.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Engelland-Despres-Dumoulin
Letang-Orpik
Scuderi

A gaping hell mouth will yawn across the Consol Ice as they usher in the Stretch Pass Apocalypse.

And Shero will descend from the press box rubbing his hands together and laughing evilly, revealing that he is the modern incarnation of Lucifer, and has conquered the earth for the Kingdom of Hell.

tumblr_lty5z4wvvo1r5r5uqo1_500.gif

nhindian

Jul 4, 2009
At least Shelly doesn't just pull rumors out of her ass like Rossi does. The one good thing about her is generally if she says something it's based on real information.

It seems rather obvious that anything she reports must've actually been told to her by someone, since she doesn't really seem to have an opinion about anything.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012

No fan of him now, but Rossi earned it. Prior to him getting the beat writer gig, there was a woman named Karen Price covering the Pens for the trib.

We're talking about how Shelly seems like she's just punching a clock, but Price didn't even do that. Didn't know players' positions or roles, didn't know who the good players on the other team were, didn't know the rules (etc). Rossi was just a reporter whose name you'd see attached to throwaway articles announcing fundraisers who sort of bullied his way in the door by not only knowing this stuff, but being incredibly enthusiastic about covering the Pens any time Price had a day off, whereas Price treated covering the Pens with all the enjoyment one shows when getting a colonoscopy.

It would have been like if you asked me to do reality TV reviews. Wouldn't and couldn't sit through an entire episode of one unless you paid me. Even then, I'd despise every second I spent watching.

Lot of things can be said about Rossi, but not that he a) isn't interested in his job b) doesn't work at it and c) doesn't care. Price was guilty of all three.

And as far as Shelly, worse she can be accused of is doing the minimum necessary for a reporter in her position. Rossi's predecessor didn't even hit that threshold.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad