GDT: Pens v. Sabres Drunk GDT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

LetangyBarbecue

Feb 21, 2013
Pittsburgh
Its way too obvious of a choice to try Daley. The Pens organization doesnt like obvious choices. Too many RWs and no LWs? Move Perron to RW. Malkin needs a winger? Tanner Glass will work. Hall of fame RW to displace career 3rd liner on Sids wing? Nah, throw him on the left of Malkin.

The fact Tanner Glass still plays in the NHL and makes around a million dollars a year while here I am having to work at a wings place in state college that failed a health inspection twice, and go to school full time, just to go out and afford a 5 dollar liquor pitcher to drown my sorrows is exactly why so many young people have given up on the American Dream

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
The fact Tanner Glass still plays in the NHL and makes around a million dollars a year while here I am having to work at a wings place in state college that failed a health inspection twice, and go to school full time, just to go out and afford a 5 dollar liquor pitcher to drown my sorrows is exactly why so many young people have given up on the American Dream

Best post ever :laugh:

The Benchwarmer

Apr 9, 2005
England
:handclap::yo::laugh::laugh: Beautiful GDT great work!!

So with Yakupov being available, anyone think JR should mug Edmonton off once again at the FA and go after him?

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012

You can be completely useless for several years and still make $600k as Craig Adams did - I considered him as a worse class of awful than Glass. So don't give up that dream yet, especially if you can stand in one spot on the PK, wave your stick around and shout out instructions to everyone else. Of course, he went to Harvard, not Happy Valley.

Reading the Rangers' thread and *****ing about Glass, I sort of felt like someone who'd gotten over a really bad illness and was sitting in the room with someone who still had it.

barbosa

Mar 21, 2016
Pittsburgh
Always surprised when people outside Canada reference Trailer Park Boys. First 3 seasons of that was CLASSIC television.

That and Death From Above 1979 are about the only exports I can be proud of over the last couple decades, haha.

giphy.gif

the tournament, which came out about ten years ago, i thought was hysterical. i only watched season 1 but it had me in stitches. i remember watching it in the wee hours of the night after the torino ice hockey games during the 2006 olympics.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
4c185a026ff53c587716c01068c58f29.jpg

I just watched season 10 of TPB on Netflix. It was...interesting.

Not as bad as seasons 8 and 9 but the show definately peaked in season 5 IMO.

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
Geno's out, PPs not working...

try Kunitz?

nope

Try Schultz?

Nope

Try Maatta?

Nope

Try Dumoulin?

Nope

Try Lovejoy?

Nope

Try Cole?

Nope

Try Bonino?

Nope

Try Cullen?

Nope

Try Sheary?

Nope

Try Kuhnhackl?

Nope

Try Hagelin?

Nope

Try Rust?

Nope

Try Fleury?

Nope

Try Murray?

Nope

Well, I guess we're all out of options, guys!

I dunno man, I'm starting to think Zatkoff just might be the answer to our PP woes.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
:handclap::yo::laugh::laugh: Beautiful GDT great work!!

So with Yakupov being available, anyone think JR should mug Edmonton off once again at the FA and go after him?

I do, he has always been a bad fit there. But he brings speed and can skill and you could see a revival as you saw with Hags.

Speed and Skill, yay.

See folks, I'm not just a one note guy, I like other attributes other than grit.

Finesse

nostromo
Dec 9, 2013
I'm sorry but no way does Murray not play this game. We are going to run MAF into the ground before round 1 if he keeps getting the nod.

I would argue that Murray should have played against NJD too.

Agreed. Murray needs a game or two. Fleury should get a break. This would probably be a good one for that.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
I do, he has always been a bad fit there. But he brings speed and can skill and you could see a revival as you saw with Hags.

Speed and Skill, yay.

See folks, I'm not just a one note guy, I like other attributes other than grit.

It just depends what works for your core talent and the landscape of the game... When we won in 09 a lot of that had to do with grit and gumption complimenting the skilled guys... That diesnt work all the time. Sometimes its a gritty rambunctious team that wins, ither times its a speedy skilled team, other times its a team playing extra defensively... There isnt a perfect plan for a team out there, but too often teams try to get a little bit of everything and end up watered down and worthless... Whatever attribute you go for, get it in spades and that often overwhelms all the balanced teams weak points.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
What I miss most about the byslman is his quick concise pressers. He came up with answers once the inter-gallactic translater did it's work for him. That was worse than water boarding.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
He would have to come cheap. He needs a lot of work and he may not have enough brains.

yea, this. I would basically be getting him with the expectation of playing in the bottom 6, with him potentially becoming a top 6 guy as a bonus. That means I wouldn't trade more than 3rd line value for him. And I would make sure we have gotten our top 6 LW first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad