Salary Cap: Pens trade talk Episode XXIV: Sleepy where are you?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
ZAR is not going to sit with 2022 Sully as coach

Jake/Cros/Rust
Zucker/Geno/Kap
McGinn/Carter/EFraud
ZAR/Blueger/Heinen

ZAR is his 12th forward - 11th if Kappy is in the doghouse.

Hence, we need another forwards to knock him out of the lineup.
McGinn will be playing with Teddy.

TBH I'm more dismayed by EROD than anyone else. Boy has he gone cold.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
G-C-R
Zucker-G-KK
Trade/Heinen-Carter-ERod
Trade/Boyle-Teddy-McGinn

Although KK could be moved, but for likely a better fit. Regardless that's a solid group.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
McGinn will be playing with Teddy.

TBH I'm more dismayed by EROD than anyone else. Boy has he gone cold.

This is the McCann debate all over again. Opportunities/TOI = Points

Erod got top line mins with Sid/Geno gone. Then was the 3rd wheel on L1 for a big chunk and got PP1 time.

Now it's reduced and he's what he typically was before = A middling winger with big time inconsistencies

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
vUW97hX.jpg

Hey now. We still have a 2012 First Round defenseman in our lineup...

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017

Erod got top line mins with Sid/Geno gone. Then was the 3rd wheel on L1 for a big chunk and got PP1 time.

Now it's reduced and he's what he typically was before = A middling winger with big time inconsistencies
I expected him to take a down turn in production, but this is beyond ridiculous at this point. And I'm not one who's clamoring for McCann he was wildly inconsistent. I don't care for guys like that all that much.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

The big difference is Rodrigues is still putting up the same type of analytical numbers.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

Daeni10

Kunitz was there
Dec 31, 2013
Cologne
I saw Parise is available and remembered he is still playing.
Is it finally time to get our #1 Free Agent target (just like 10 years later)

Peat

Jun 14, 2016

The big difference is Rodrigues is still putting up the same type of analytical numbers.

Not over the last ten games he isn't. Which arguably worries me more.

And playing a couple less minutes a game at 5v5 should only affect his 5v5 scoring by a point or two over ten game stretches, not the catastrophic fall-off we've seen.

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
G-C-R
Zucker-G-KK
Trade/Heinen-Carter-ERod
Trade/Boyle-Teddy-McGinn

Although KK could be moved, but for likely a better fit. Regardless that's a solid group.
It’s one forward away from being a complete lineup. Since we won’t try AHL guys, it has to be a trade.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Not over the last ten games he isn't. Which arguably worries me more.

And playing a couple less minutes a game at 5v5 should only affect his 5v5 scoring by a point or two over ten game stretches, not the catastrophic fall-off we've seen.

And it's not as if he hasn't tried, a lot of blocked shots and stuff (though less) not going for him.

But I don't see how anyone didn't see that coming with Both Sid/Geno back. Like you said, not that far.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I expected him to take a down turn in production, but this is beyond ridiculous at this point. And I'm not one who's clamoring for McCann he was wildly inconsistent. I don't care for guys like that all that much.
Inconsistent McCann has scored 20 goals this season. (In 44 games)

ill-let-myself-out-gabriel-iglesias.gif

We could sure use another top 9 player right about now.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
It's a case everyone's going cold in the support role.

Also, do people think Zucker's going to be ready? He had his surgery Jan. 14 which is to Mar. 14 and then probably still needs conditioning. The TDL is the 21st. There's not gonna be any real way for them to gauge him for making moves.

The Best they can hope is TB gets back in and make a decision.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
It’s one forward away from being a complete lineup. Since we won’t try AHL guys, it has to be a trade.
AHL guys are largely trash. A trade will help, and I fully expect Hextall to pull the trigger on a deal.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
It's a case everyone's going cold in the support role.

Also, do people think Zucker's going to be ready? He had his surgery Jan. 14 which is to Mar. 14 and then probably still needs conditioning. The TDL is the 21st. There's not gonna be any real way for them to gauge him for making moves.

The Best they can hope is TB gets back in and make a decision.
We'll be adding a forward. I myself think Namestikov would be a good fit. Manageable cap hit, minimal cost. But certainly an upgrade over the lower lights we have here.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
AHL guys are largely trash. A trade will help, and I fully expect Hextall to pull the trigger on a deal.
If you hate wildly inconsistent players, you must hate a lot of Penguins forwards, including every player Sleepy signed this summer.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
I saw Parise is available and remembered he is still playing.
Is it finally time to get our #1 Free Agent target (just like 10 years later)

I was super horny for Suter and was praying we'd get him. Then news came out that he and Parise were a package and I was like "yea Parise is nice, but not necessary". Of course I saw what they signed for and laughed my ass off.

Shortly after that I saw that the owner of the Wild was crying about expenses and rising player salaries and yet was 1 of the main proponents of the strike. Made me hate that team ever since...

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
If you hate wildly inconsistent players, you must hate a lot of Penguins forwards, including every player Sleepy signed this summer.
Absolutely not. While they might not be scoring they're playing good solid hockey away from the puck. Yes they'll go up and down a bit in regards to production. I sincerely believe Teddy being out really hurts McGinn. Losing TB is a bigger deal then most people might think. I'm not surprised. We look a lot more formidable with him in the line up.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
And it's not as if he hasn't tried, a lot of blocked shots and stuff (though less) not going for him.

But I don't see how anyone didn't see that coming with Both Sid/Geno back. Like you said, not that far.

Tbh, by the numbers, last 10 games, it doesn't look like he has. His individual expected goal rate is less than half of what it was in the 9 before. Getting barely any high danger chances. No rush attempts either.

I dunno how reflective of reality this is as I haven't watched much lately - mainly as looked to me like they'd gone on holiday early before the All-Star break, and I figured I'd wait for them to come back before sitting down to watch. But those stats are really bad and speak of him not doing the things that were making him successful. And he's very far from alone.

Tbh, the extent to which this team didn't look like itself this last 10 games is why I still feel very wait and see on reinforcements, changes, the rest of it. They're not going to play like this in the playoffs so I don't think it's a good thing to judge them on - and if they are, then no reinforcements on earth can save them.

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
Yeah, this is exactly what I think Rust gets. I think he gets the same deal Guentzel got.

By the way, Bourque just mentioned with extreme confidence that Jagr's jersey will be retired by the Penguins in the next few years.
Absolutely fantastic article on Jags in The Athletic today, for those who can pierce the paywall. Jagr's number will be retired, but he has to stop playing hockey first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad