Salary Cap: Pens trade talk Episode XXIV: Sleepy where are you?!?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
You slam poet wankers suck.

You wankers couldn't even hold a candle to the legend of Raphael de la ghetto.

I honestly don't care anymore if the Pens trade prospects and picks. Sully will literally never play them in favourable ways or even a shot, so who gives a f*** about the pool, just trade them for vets that Sully will use. Liberate Friedman too.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
When the Pens hired Burke, I was so very excited. Reading this article in the Trib last week........

After a year in Pittsburgh, executive Brian Burke is high on the Penguins' future

“The hero of this team so far is Mike Sullivan, no question in my mind. No. 1"

"We don’t have much (in Wilkes-Barre/Scranton)"

“We’re very proud of the changes that we’ve made. It’s not about adding diversity. It’s about adding quality people that make you diverse.” :huh:

Sports used to be about sports..... "everything dies baby that's a fact, and everything that dies some day comes back"..... not sure that Springsteen was right on that latter part of his lyric......
Nearly every prediction had the Penguins on the fringe of making the playoffs.

Instead, they're in first place in the Metro, 4th in points in the entire NHL, and 7th in points percentage. They're 5th in goals scored and 7th in goals against.

All of this while having only Evan Rodrigues and John Marino for every game this season. Everyone else has missed at least one game. Guentzel and Carter have missed 6, Crosby 12, Zucker 18, Rust 22, Malkin 36.

Maybe it's time to deal with the reality that Mike Sullivan has kept this team going in the right direction despite any flaws he may have.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
I guess I don’t have a lot of complaints about Sullivan. Probably my biggest gripe is is penchant for playing Simon and ZAR so much.

I don’t think you’ll find a lot of true contenders having 2 regular forwards who will struggle to score 5 goals in a season. You could probably get away with 1, but 2 is asking a bit much from everyone else on the team.

Reactions: Pens x

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I guess I don’t have a lot of complaints about Sullivan. Probably my biggest gripe is is penchant for playing Simon and ZAR so much.

I don’t think you’ll find a lot of true contenders having 2 regular forwards who will struggle to score 5 goals in a season. You could probably get away with 1, but 2 is asking a bit much from everyone else on the team.

Only one of them is a regular if we are healthy.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Prospects drafted
Used Ruhwedel instead
Stick-to-itiveness

Edit: 5-7-5
anigif_enhanced-buzz-25183-1388704824-7.gif

Last edited:

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Maybe we need to trade for some depth forwards. Someone will always be banged up; we can’t have Simon and ZAR playing together come playoff time.

Reactions: canadianguy77

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Maybe we need to trade for some depth forwards. Someone will always be banged up; we can’t have Simon and ZAR playing together come playoff time.
Pittsburgh will likely make a trade for such a player. Also getting TB and JZ back will help push those guys out.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Pittsburgh will likely make a trade for such a player. Also getting TB and JZ back will help push those guys out.
ZAR will still be here. I’m surprised we haven’t traded him since he’s worth a third round pick, apparently. :sarcasm:

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
ZAR will be here, but as a 14th forward.
ZAR is not going to sit with 2022 Sully as coach

Jake/Cros/Rust
Zucker/Geno/Kap
McGinn/Carter/EFraud
ZAR/Blueger/Heinen

ZAR is his 12th forward - 11th if Kappy is in the doghouse.

Hence, we need another forwards to knock him out of the lineup. This coaching staff refuses to try AHL guys, so a trade is required.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad