Salary Cap: Pens trade talk Episode XXIV: Sleepy where are you?!?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
Jagr’s number definitely deserves to be retired. Integral part of two Stanley cups, 5 Art Ross trophies including 4 consecutive, 1 Hart Trophy, 2 Lindseys.

Completely insane how Pens fans diss him because of the dying alive statement. If he isn’t on the Pens and dragging them along in the late 90’s the Pens are not even in Pittsburgh to draft Crosby, Malkin etc.

I love Kris Letang. Great player but his trophy case is seriously lacking compared to Jagr’s, same with Fleury. I have no problem with retiring Jagr’s number and not retiring theirs. Ring of Honor for them. Show up with some individual hardware and we’ll talk about retiring your number.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
I'm still on page 4, but:

There's a top six and a middle six. There is overlap. But when your second line center is Malkin, the wingers should be at a higher level. But then that higher level for 2nd line players then takes cap space away from the rest of the lineup. It's an unfortunate balancing act.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I'm still on page 4, but:

There's a top six and a middle six. There is overlap. But when your second line center is Malkin, the wingers should be at a higher level. But then that higher level for 2nd line players then takes cap space away from the rest of the lineup. It's an unfortunate balancing act.

that’s why you have to hit on players like Poulin or some other of your draft picks…

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Probably wont go over well by Hawks fans. Apparently every fanbase think their players are worth 1st round picks!
Considering they got him for literally nothing and the Hawks have said they will do what MAF wants, Im not worried about what their fans want.

Reactions: Turin

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Considering they got him for literally nothing and the Hawks have said they will do what MAF wants, Im not worried about what their fans want.

There is that part about us needing serious retention if that was to happen, and while some magnanimity might be expected, Hawks paying real money for the privilege of being nice likely carries a cost.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
There is that part about us needing serious retention if that was to happen, and while some magnanimity might be expected, Hawks paying real money for the privilege of being nice likely carries a cost.
Thats why we are giving them ZAR and a 3rd. Rather nice of us actually. :sarcasm:

Reactions: Pens x

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
For shits and giggles...Clutterbuck?

giphy.gif

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Jagr’s number definitely deserves to be retired. Integral part of two Stanley cups, 5 Art Ross trophies including 4 consecutive, 1 Hart Trophy, 2 Lindseys.

Completely insane how Pens fans diss him because of the dying alive statement. If he isn’t on the Pens and dragging them along in the late 90’s the Pens are not even in Pittsburgh to draft Crosby, Malkin etc.

I love Kris Letang. Great player but his trophy case is seriously lacking compared to Jagr’s, same with Fleury. I have no problem with retiring Jagr’s number and not retiring theirs. Ring of Honor for them. Show up with some individual hardware and we’ll talk about retiring your number.
Who are these Penguins’ fans that diss him? I’ve never heard a single Pens fan have a bad thing to say about him.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Do we all agree that Brett Hextall needs to go wake up papa bear to make a deal for a back up goalie and a winger for Geno?

Reactions: BigEezyE22
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad