Salary Cap: Pens Summer Salary Thread: We Hayes Dubas's offseason moves so far

Status
Not open for further replies.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Why am I getting Marner rumors on my FB feed? Saying Eller and Yager and 2 1sts and they retain 5.5. Nonsense right?

Also this site has really gone to hell. The ads are horrendous. Is there any way to pay and remove them?
The ad overlays were wreaking havoc on me. So I gave them the $12.

Reactions: canadianguy77

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
I haven't seen a single ad on any website from HFBoards to Youtube since maybe 10 years ago. VPN's, PiHole, UBlock, there's many different legal solutions.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I hate ex grinder plugger coaches

Imagine wasting over half a decade of your teams' relevancy cause you put like aston reese on your top six and dinosaurs on PP2

f***ing fire Sullivan already, good god damn
I blame Shero and Bylsma FAR more than JR/Hex/Dubas and Sullivan on that front.

Crosby probably would have mutanied if he didn't have Kunitz, at the very least, given that his RWs in the playoffs were:

Hossa - Guerin - Guerin - XXXX - Steve Sullivan (Dupuis was LW IIRC) - Dupuis - Stempniak / Gibbon - Dupuis - Horny.

• Wow
Reactions: BusinessGoose

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Based on what I’ve heard, Pono can easily be a Sullivan favorite. He’s a responsible player.
He's European. When's the last European who ended up being a favorite?

I blame Shero and Bylsma FAR more than JR/Hex/Dubas and Sullivan on that front.

Crosby probably would have mutanied if he didn't have Kunitz, at the very least, given that his RWs in the playoffs were:

Hossa - Guerin - Guerin - XXXX - Steve Sullivan (Dupuis was LW IIRC) - Dupuis - Stempniak / Gibbon - Dupuis - Horny.
This is why I always laugh at the McDavid stans who refuse to acknowledge that production will be impacted by having a Draisaitl on your line instead of a Hornqvist or Sheary. McDavid's winning scoring titles when he's got another 50 goal, 100+ point elite player on his line. Sid was winning scoring titles when Kunitz and a rotating cast of fringe middle six wingers were on his line.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
He's European. When's the last European who ended up being a favorite?

This is why I always laugh at the McDavid stans who refuse to acknowledge that production will be impacted by having a Draisaitl on your line instead of a Hornqvist or Sheary. McDavid's winning scoring titles when he's got another 50 goal, 100+ point elite player on his line. Sid was winning scoring titles when Kunitz and a rotating cast of fringe middle six wingers were on his line.
At 27, I have to think Crosby puts up similar numbers if he has Hyman and Draisaitl running shotgun with him.

That said, there are so many instances of McDavid's raw speed and skill creating an amazing individual effort that I'm not sure Sid has at 27. 19/20, maybe.

Goodleaf

Love a good stick.
Nov 15, 2010
At 27, I have to think Crosby puts up similar numbers if he has Hyman and Draisaitl running shotgun with him.

That said, there are so many instances of McDavid's raw speed and skill creating an amazing individual effort that I'm not sure Sid has at 27. 19/20, maybe.
I think 10-11 Sid would be the closest to McDavid. It felt like there was no stopping him when he would get the puck in the neutral zone with any speed. **** you, David Steckel.

Johnny Rifle

Pittsburgh Penguins
Apr 7, 2018
Hampton, VA
I think 10-11 Sid would be the closest to McDavid. It felt like there was no stopping him when he would get the puck in the neutral zone with any speed. **** you, David Steckel.
I’d say McDavid has unreal speed, while Crosby has unreal hands.

In ten years or so we’ll see if McDavid can stay elite when his body starts to slow down. I think he’ll still be great, but Crosby at 37 probably outperforms McDavid at 37.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010

In ten years or so we’ll see if McDavid can stay elite when his body starts to slow down. I think he’ll still be great, but Crosby at 37 probably outperforms McDavid at 37.
It will be interesting to see. Crosby's game will certainly age better than McDavid's being that McDavid's game is soooooo based on speed and that's usually the first thing to go in a player.

I think injuries are the biggest thing for McDavid. If he can stay healthy, I can see him being productive into his late 30's just like Sid.

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
The reduction in speed just reminds me of the corpse of Ovechkin. Just good for standing in the slot on the PP still.

I always liked to shit on him... But.. Now that him and sid are getting geriatric, i just can't be so mean anymore. Poor old man feeding ducks at the pond.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
People acting like Sid is slow. His top speed last year was in the 80th percentile. Considering how fast the league has gotten that’s not bad.
Yeah his game isn't being hurt due to speed, for sure. But McDavid is much, much faster. That's all I was saying.

Reactions: BusinessGoose

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
People acting like Sid is slow. His top speed last year was in the 80th percentile. Considering how fast the league has gotten that’s not bad.
Keep your eyes on his backchecking this year, lemme know what you see. It may not be slowness as much as energy conservation...mostly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018

If McDavid was purely speed he wouldn't be as successful as he is.

Regardless as we see with LeBron, Djokovic, Curry, Brady etc. these athletes are getting more capable of playing forever.

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
Yeah his game isn't being hurt due to speed, for sure. But McDavid is much, much faster. That's all I was saying.
Oh I agree with that. Even prime Sid couldn’t catch him. McDavid might be the fastest player I’ve ever seen. Sorry Koltsov. RIP.

Reactions: SEALBound

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

I think an understated advantage having an elite linemate does is it doesn't allow the other team to double or triple team one player. Look at what the Red Wings did to Sid in 2009. You basically had them swarm Crosby and dare Kunitz/Guerin to do damage while left relatively untouched. You can't be that focused on McDavid because Draisaitl can murder you if you leave him with all kinds of time and space.

There's a reason McDavid's production goes down (quite a bit, relatively speaking) when he's on his own line and Draisaitl's centering his own line. If McDavid could put up these video game-esque numbers regardless of linemate quality, then the with/without splits wouldn't be so glaring.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I think an understated advantage having an elite linemate does is it doesn't allow the other team to double or triple team one player. Look at what the Red Wings did to Sid in 2009. You basically had them swarm Crosby and dare Kunitz/Guerin to do damage while left relatively untouched. You can't be that focused on McDavid because Draisaitl can murder you if you leave him with all kinds of time and space.

There's a reason McDavid's production goes down (quite a bit, relatively speaking) when he's on his own line and Draisaitl's centering his own line. If McDavid could put up these video game-esque numbers regardless of linemate quality, then the with/without splits wouldn't be so glaring.
100% agree. That is what Montreal did to beat us in 2010.

"Sid has Kunitz and Guerin...and Malkin has Fedotenko and Ponikarovsky? Okay, everyone double and triple team Sid and Geno. We'll force their wings to beat us. Lol"

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
I think we get Kotkaniemi.
Are we already at this stage of our Pens news boredom?

Based on what I’ve heard, Pono can easily be a Sullivan favorite. He’s a responsible player.
That doesn't always mean Sullivan will use them in the correct usage. Gruden might not be much, but he was far more effective on the 4th line than Harkins and Gruden is a better penalty killer as well, still wasn't used as much as no goals Harkins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,632.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Israel vs Italy
    Israel vs Italy