Salary Cap: Pens Summer Salary Thread: We Hayes Dubas's offseason moves so far

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rakell67

Sep 28, 2017
PA
Would it make sense to sign JVR for LW depth and help on the PP, move Eller out...

Van Riemsdyk Crosby Rust
Bunting Malkin Rakell
O'Connor Hayes Beauvillier
Puljujarvi Lizotte Acciari
Poulin Puustinen Bemstrom

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Would it make sense to sign JVR for LW depth and help on the PP, move Eller out...

Van Riemsdyk Crosby Rust
Bunting Malkin Rakell
O'Connor Hayes Beauvillier
Puljujarvi Lizotte Acciari
Poulin Puustinen Bemstrom

No more late 30s ex-flyers

But he's also an ex-Leaf so Dubas can't resist.

9Ca8PBU.gif

• Haha
Reactions: BusinessGoose

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
If Carolina was willing to take Eller, Acciari, and Graves, I might consider it.
I think the idea was that Carolina still has a buy out window from Necas arbitration case and would buy him out to get more cap space to sign Jarvis…the buy out is low because he’s age 24…at least that’s the rumor theory lol…the Pens or any team would then sign him for cheap

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I think the idea was that Carolina still has a buy out window from Necas arbitration case and would buy him out to get more cap space to sign Jarvis…the buy out is low because he’s age 24…at least that’s the rumor theory lol…the Pens or any team would then sign him for cheap
Yeah but that doesn't help us really. That just adds one more non-impact bottom 6 player. We need fewer, not more.

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Yeah but that doesn't help us really. That just adds one more non-impact bottom 6 player. We need fewer, not more.
I never said it was a good idea just that that’s what Jacob meant imo…not a trade…because Carolina has no reason to trade for our crap lol

Reactions: SEALBound

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Why am I getting Marner rumors on my FB feed? Saying Eller and Yager and 2 1sts and they retain 5.5. Nonsense right?

Also this site has really gone to hell. The ads are horrendous. Is there any way to pay and remove them?

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
This team can't afford to spend 8 mil on their bottom six centers. Makes no sense, man. Hayes is 100% the 3C.
Where else are they gonna spend the remaining 4 million or whatever? We have expensive goaltending, expensive wingers, an expensive top 4 D.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Where else are they gonna spend the remaining 4 million or whatever? We have expensive goaltending, expensive wingers, an expensive top 4 D.

I imagine they don't spend it, or they acquire a top nine LW to push DOC down while moving out one of Acciari or Eller.

Could see us trying to pull Tomasino or Parssinen out of Nashville too without any moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $731.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium