Salary Cap: Pens Summer Salary Thread: We Hayes Dubas's offseason moves so far

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
This team's had about $10M or more in "dead money" for years at this point. :laugh: I don't really care if Geno skips the 4th year. I kinda didn't expect he'd play all four when he re-signed anyway.

I think for Sid, he for sure wants to be around for the '26 Olympics, but I also think he probably doesn't want to go much longer than that with where this team's at, and where it's heading, tbh.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
To be fair that interview sounded... off. And I'm too lazy to look it up but wasn't for RT? Hardly a bastion of upright journalism if so.

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
Yeah I don't see him leaving that money on the table.

Maybe he'd just LTIR himself in his final year if his play has deteriorated to where he doesn't even want to play any more and/or if he's just dealing with a major injury or two. But that's the only way I see that happening.
Hard to LTIR yourself and then go play in the KHL. Not a lot of injuries that magically resolve once you leave North America.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Hard to LTIR yourself and then go play in the KHL. Not a lot of injuries that magically resolve once you leave North America.

Malkin will leave in a wheelchair but a visit from Dr. Emil Schaffhausen and $50,000 later…….

1722563856268.gif

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
Mutually terminating contract...
I mean if they can show circumstances (I don't know some injury with some level of seriousness), I bet they could squeak it by. People seem to forget that the NHL is no different than you having your own rec league, so rules can be bent based on commissioner, owners, and NHPLA accepting it.

Regardless this discussion is pointless....
If Jeff Carter can play out his contract, so can Malkin, only diff is he would actually be good.

Malkin is playing out his 2 years. Book it!

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
In case you had any doubts, Tristan Jarry is not on this list lol…that contract really kills me and I couldn’t believe at the time, and still can’t, that Dubas signed him to that deal…I want him traded in the worst way and don’t want to see him start another game here…ugh

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
In case you had any doubts, Tristan Jarry is not on this list lol…that contract really kills me and I couldn’t believe at the time, and still can’t, that Dubas signed him to that deal…I want him traded in the worst way and don’t want to see him start another game here…ugh

I really think people just hate goaltending, if he's not a top #1 top 2/3 in the league there's nothing but complaints.

The Pens have banked pretty well not having that true top ranked #1 goalie.

In reality, this team's garbage outside of 1/2 maybe 3 players. It's also without good leadership from GM to coaching, not forgetting the new ownership. With all of that, goaltending is last on the list of what's wrong. They fail him more than he fails them.

In short, "The Team Sucks".

Get used to it.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I really think people just hate goaltending, if he's not a top #1 top 2/3 in the league there's nothing but complaints.

The Pens have banked pretty well not having that true top ranked #1 goalie.

In reality, this team's garbage outside of 1/2 maybe 3 players. It's also without good leadership from GM to coaching, not forgetting the new ownership. With all of that, goaltending is last on the list of what's wrong. They fail him more than he fails them.

In short, "The Team Sucks".

Get used to it.
I’m fine with them not having a true #1 goalie…but then they shouldn’t be paying Jarry $5.4M for the next four years…that’s what I can’t stand…that and the fact that he’s not a winner and his mentality sucks…I want him on the bench, traded anything, just not playing for this team and a lot of players feel the same way too lol

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I’m fine with them not having a true #1 goalie…but then they shouldn’t be paying Jarry $5.4M for the next four years…that’s what I can’t stand…that and the fact that he’s not a winner and his mentality sucks…I want him on the bench, traded anything, just not playing for this team and a lot of players feel the same way too lol

They got to fill that cap with someone. The floor isn't going to be reached with guys making 2.0/3.0.

If anything, he's the right man for the job because, there a lot of players who are not winners on this team, also including Dubas, Spezza, Wes Clark...

Wes Clark

There are a lot of reasons to hate on this team, and it starts at the top. There's no real direction this team is heading. Dubas talks (very quickly) out of both sides of his mouth.

• Haha
Reactions: Andy99

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
Unfortunately, if we know he sucks, so does every GM in the league not named Kyle Dubas.

Reactions: Andy99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $729.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium