Salary Cap: Pens Summer Salary Thread: We Hayes Dubas's offseason moves so far

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Good ol’ Madden and his stories

1722463325986.gif

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Yeah he'll be writing those puff pieces all while hoping we've all forgotten about how he was writing hit pieces on Malkin for years and how he wanted the Pens to sign Trochek instead of him, etc.

All because during like Malkin's rookie season he declined to be on the show. Probably not even because he disliked Madden. Though who could blame him if that were the case.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Pretty sure MM doesn't care what you guys think. Your opinions are meaningless! lol

And for the record Geno WON'T play more than one more year here.

For some reason he wants to be in mother Russia.

Reactions: farscape1

ThosePuckingPenguins

Apr 28, 2009
Pennsylvania
All because during like Malkin's rookie season he declined to be on the show. Probably not even because he disliked Madden. Though who could blame him if that were the case.
This is 100% it. Madden loves Sid and Mario because they gave him the time of day whereas Malkin doesn’t. So he craps on an all time franchise legend.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I think Geno recently said he's gonna change his number to his old 11 for his final season, so until he does that, I'll doubt he's retiring early.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I think Geno recently said he's gonna change his number to his old 11 for his final season, so until he does that, I'll doubt he's retiring early.

I think he just meant back in Russia he'd go to 11, again. But I dunno... a lot of conflicting information recently from a lot of extremely unreliable sources.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I think he just meant back in Russia he'd go to 11, again. But I dunno... a lot of conflicting information recently from a lot of extremely unreliable sources.
It was a Rossi interview from a year ago and he definitely meant as a Penguin. But yeah, it's a Rossi interview so pretty much as reputable as any number of geocities websites/blogs Andy posts. :laugh:

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
Mark Madden was also praising the Pirates trades, so, I, uh, don't know if it was even the real MM.
Nope. Not allowing any bandwagoners for the last few months if they haven't been in the trenches BEFORE Skenes-mania. Okay, fine, won't gatekeep. But know, you are less of a fan if you only tune in now.

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
Frankly, I'd wager this is going to be Malkin's last season as an effective player whether or not he heads back to Russia a year early. He's got a lot of miles on those legs and shoulders and it's clearly starting to add up. It'll be a sad day when he goes, but he's more than earned the right to end his career on his own terms.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
I’m a Malkin lover and apologist lol and I’ve been saying for awhile that this is likely his last season in the NHL. First, his contract is structured that way, as salary goes down a lot next season and most of it is as a bonus. So he can easily pull a Kuzy, collect the bonus and retire to Russia…but I’m sure some of it does depend on how he feels, his play and the state of the team, which we already know will be shitty lol

So Malkin is going to develop a coke habit?

• Haha
Reactions: Andy99 and Pens x
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad