Salary Cap: Pens Summer Salary Thread: We Hayes Dubas's offseason moves so far

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
  • Haha
Reactions: Borgir

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
So sneaky youd almost think you never saw them shoot the puck

Like Gretzky always said ……
1721952420128.jpeg

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
After a dominant training camp from Yager

"Alright Brayden we're going to give you 9 games and see where things go. But we want to make sure to set you up for success and start you in a role you can learn in and also get a feel for the things you'll be doing moving forward. Although it comes with some risk and a learning curve, we're going to put you with one of the top players on the team... don't worry... we are confident you can handle it. Jansen? Can you come on in here... I want to introduce you to your new linemate."

-Mike Sullivan sometime a few months from now, probably
“Brayden, you scored during every camp scrimmage and preseason game, and your shot and finishing is tremendous and you’ve greatly improved our PP. But you don’t PK and I still sense some learning curve in the defensive zone because you’re not giving up enough high danger shots on our goalies and you took a penalty. Unfortunately it’s now back to Juniors for you” — Mike Sullivan

Fordy

May 28, 2008
if he gets 9 games they’ll probably be the most interesting 9 games of the season

Rave7215

Mar 12, 2010
  • Love
Reactions: Jag68Sid87

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Ryder stopped bitching non-stop on here so Yager finally signed.
You don’t have to read that wanker’s comments if you put him on ignore like everyone else should.

if he gets 9 games they’ll probably be the most interesting 9 games of the season
Oh come on mate, Sullivan makes it interesting each game with how poorly he coaches this team and line-up decisions he makes.

• Haha
Reactions: Borgir

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
The Penguins currently have 51 players signed, but prospects like Yager, Tanner Howe and Harrison Brunicke won't count toward that total when the season starts.”

Owen Pickering signed an ELC too so that’d take us down to 47/50 contract limit. I don’t think any other prospects signed ELC’s.

Edit: As Ulf5 says below Pickering should be in the AHL so it’s 48/50 contracts

Last edited:
Reactions: Ugene Magic

Ulf5

Feb 21, 2017
The Penguins currently have 51 players signed, but prospects like Yager, Tanner Howe and Harrison Brunicke won't count toward that total when the season starts.”

Owen Pickering signed an ELC too so that’d take us down to 47/50 contract limit. I don’t think any other prospects signed ELC’s.

Pickering should be in WBS, he should count.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Highlights and clips of Lizotte show he scores an inordinate amount of his goals off the forecheck, and the rest off the rush. It's like 80/20 split there. Pretty good at getting to pucks first or creating a turnover if he doesn't get there first. He's physical but the turnover is usually from his stick or anticipation, or forcing a bad decision.

Beauvillier, from what I've read and can recall, is a bit similar with his speed. Retrieves loose pucks and gets on the forecheck. So there seems to be a theme and some method going on there. Of course then we got Hayes who is quite slow and will win about zero races but I think the idea is that you balance that out with speed on the wings and you've got a good mix.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Yager and first two picks do not count as to the 50 level. they are junior league players and slide to next year.

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
Yager kid actually looks like he's seen a gym before :clap:.

Guess I won't be surprised if he pushes the org into 4th line grinder minutes where any skill he might have go to die [whilst here].

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
He probably already has the best shot on the team.

Which isn't really the biggest compliment considering everyone on this roster shoots like they're an anemic child with concrete hams for hands.
This is my problem with the pens roster man. they have never had a guy with “modern” skill. Look at how the young guys coming up can handle the puck and the types of releases they have… pens have never had someone with that capability. Ever. Even Kessel who could shoot it was from the past gen.

@Michael Farkas has touched on it before and can definitely explain it more eloquently than I

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Ryder stopped bitching non-stop on here so Yager finally signed.
"Let's shut that guy on the internet up!"

-Kyle Dubas (probably)

I have a hard time believing we don't dump at least one guy before the season starts. We are very overloaded at the moment. Still think Eller goes out for a 5th or something. I think once arb starts and ends and a buyout window opens, we could see more movement.
I’ll just remind people of the following: welcome Yager if he can get his shot off against NHL players or on the PP lol…

That's 100% lack of shooting skill. It's why we should have a Daniel Sprong instead of a Noel Acciari here.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
"Let's shut that guy on the internet up!"

-Kyle Dubas (probably)

I have a hard time believing we don't dump at least one guy before the season starts. We are very overloaded at the moment. Still think Eller goes out for a 5th or something. I think once arb starts and ends and a buyout window opens, we could see more movement.

That's 100% lack of shooting skill. It's why we should have a Daniel Sprong instead of a Noel Acciari here.
uh, Mike Sullivan, our GM in chief, chooses Acciari over Sprong however lol…

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
This is my problem with the pens roster man. they have never had a guy with “modern” skill. Look at how the young guys coming up can handle the puck and the types of releases they have… pens have never had someone with that capability. Ever. Even Kessel who could shoot it was from the past gen.

@Michael Farkas has touched on it before and can definitely explain it more eloquently than I

I've been screaming this from the high heavens ever since we acquired him, but Bennstrom is the most logical guy who could fix this PP with his shot alone. But we have to give PP ice time to what's worked in the past, not what will work now.

Reactions: CheckingLineCenter

lokomotiv15

Jul 14, 2012
London, ontario

It's funny, and kind of sad, but you're right. The Pens roster is so old and so opposed to putting young kids in the line-up, that none of the players we've ever had utilize the new shooting mechanics that kids are taught. We're at least out of the shooting off the heel era of players, mostly have the guys that pull the puck in, load and release from mid to mid-toe off the face, inside edge ground and leg bend for power.

Yagers shot is so good when he has time to properly and fully load; Open hips, deep knee bend, puts all his weight on the outside edge of his inside leg, top hand pull with a lower hand punch through his snap, right off the toe. Has a better shot than anyone on the current roster. Sids is so insanely quick in release, accuracy and versatility that its close, but mechanically, no one compares.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
That’s fun. Unless he shows he’s absolutely not ready in preseason, I say give him the nine game run.

Yager kid actually looks like he's seen a gym before :clap:.

Guess I won't be surprised if he pushes the org into 4th line grinder minutes where any skill he might have go to die [whilst here].

Top 6 minutes 14 to 16 minutes a night or go back to Junior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad