Salary Cap: Pens Summer Salary Thread: We Hayes Dubas's offseason moves so far

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
If it’s 10, it has to have an 87 in there somewhere. 9.87. 10.87.

Still hoping it’s the same or lower hit, but it doesn’t really matter.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Sid is taking a pay cut at 10. He’d get more on open market, is worth more than that to franchise, and was like a 13M player last year.

It would also be lowest % of cap he’s ever signed for.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
They will dismiss this because something something the writer doesnt know what they are talking about.
One thing that it feels abit low for us are the future part. Didn't know half the league have 2 G prospects better than Blomqvist/Murashov tandem.
I feel we're a bit underrated as far a G prospects goes.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
One thing that it feels abit low for us are the future part. Didn't know half the league have 2 G prospects better than Blomqvist/Murashov tandem.
I feel we're a bit underrated as far a G prospects goes.

I really like Blom and Mush but I mean... they are goaltenders. A very volatile commodity. I'm glad they are in the system but frankly goaltending prospects are another level of crapshoot already on top of the crapshoot that is prospects.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Was reading Yohe's mailbag and he mentioned that he found Reilly Smith surly and that when he asked people in the organization about it they claimed that he made it known from day one that he didn't want to be in Pittsburgh.

Kinda bizarre to trade for him if that were the case. I guess Dubas was hoping that Smith would be a professional and/or that Pittsburgh would grow on him. Imo the guy mailed it in on a regular basis here and I'm pretty happy he's gone. A shame too because I did like the trade on paper at the time.

In retrospect it doesn't look like Dubas did his research. Why trade for a guy who doesn't want to be here? I know it happens all the time in sports and sometimes it works out but I'd never trade for a guy that blatantly didn't wanna be here.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Was reading Yohe's mailbag and he mentioned that he found Reilly Smith surly and that when he asked people in the organization about it they claimed that he made it known from day one that he didn't want to be in Pittsburgh.

Kinda bizarre to trade for him if that were the case. I guess Dubas was hoping that Smith would be a professional and/or that Pittsburgh would grow on him. Imo the guy mailed it in on a regular basis here and I'm pretty happy he's gone. A shame too because I did like the trade on paper at the time.

In retrospect it doesn't look like Dubas did his research. Why trade for a guy who doesn't want to be here? I know it happens all the time in sports and sometimes it works out but I'd never trade for a guy that blatantly didn't wanna be here.

To be fair anyone would be surly if they had to talk to Josh Yohe

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
To be fair anyone would be surly if they had to talk to Josh Yohe
Josh Yohe is a f***ing moron, he'd spin any narrative he can where he looks sympathetic and a player he didn't like, looked bad. f*** that loser, this is the sort of garbage we have for Pens writers, none have the sack to write anything that actually criticizes the issues.

Smith maybe heard how the Penguins were like and knew what he was getting himself into and wasn't happy about it. I don't think I am all that mad about him feeling that way like most are, some here really have an axe to grind about him feeling that way like it was a personal insult. Like this franchise hasn't become a f***ing joke the last few years.

Long gone are the days where the Penguins were this destination to play with Crosby and this insane professionalism and class by the team, this isn't that team anymore.

And I mean, Sullivan has had Crosby play 2 full seasons without an injury and he failed to make the playoffs in both of them, he was trending towards this anyway but he isn't some coach players seek out to play for, that's for f***ing sure and they all now know the promises or allure of potentially playing with Crosby isn't there at all and you're more likely to play with Lars Eller or Kevin Hayes instead and maybe thrown into a situation with Malkin that won't work because he's been getting f***ed by the organization since 2007.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Smith maybe heard how the Penguins were like and knew what he was getting himself into and wasn't happy about it. I don't think I am all that mad about him feeling that way like most are, some here really have an axe to grind about him feeling that way like it was a personal insult. Like this franchise hasn't become a f***ing joke the last few years.

Long gone are the days where the Penguins were this destination to play with Crosby and this insane professionalism and class by the team, this isn't that team anymore.

And I mean, Sullivan has had Crosby play 2 full seasons without an injury and he failed to make the playoffs in both of them, he was trending towards this anyway but he isn't some coach players seek out to play for, that's for f***ing sure and they all now know the promises or allure of potentially playing with Crosby isn't there at all and you're more likely to play with Lars Eller or Kevin Hayes instead and maybe thrown into a situation with Malkin that won't work because he's been getting f***ed by the organization since 2007.
I wouldn't say I'm mad at Smith or anything but I am glad to be rid of him if he didn't want to be here. The guy was a bum on the ice and played like crap.

I do agree with you that the Pens aren't a hot ticket location any more. Players that come here talk about enjoying getting to see Crosby and play with him and learn what he's about, but I also think most players aren't stupid and are quite aware where this team is trending. Ryan Graves is perhaps a notable exception on the "stupid" part because he was talking a big game about how the Pens had a great future when he came here, and he's also an incredibly dumb hockey player on the ice :laugh:.

As for Sullivan, I have no idea how players outside of the Pens view him. I suspect there is some respect for his accomplishments but every year that goes by makes those accomplishments more distant, and Sullivan and the Pens have been trending the wrong way for a while now and I am sure that NHL players are well aware of that fact.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I know people will roll their eyes at this... at least certain people. Oh well. But it makes Kyle look like that much more of a jackass that he pointed the finger at Malkin when asked about Smith's poor season and then... traded him anyway. Way to toss someone under the bus for no good reason, dickhead.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
On one hand, Smith looked every bit the petulant loser during his time with the team. On the other, it also reeks of Yohe trying to cover the team's ass for making a f*** up in trading for the guy in the first place. Which feels like a Pittsburgh sports media classic tbh.

In retrospect it really makes you wish they had just re-signed Zucker.

lol just kidding f*** both those guys.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Sid's just trying to figure out the best way to tell Geno and Tanger that he's bailing this sinking ship after convincing both guys to sign retirement deals with the Penguins.

1721783218887.jpeg

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
I know people will roll their eyes at this... at least certain people. Oh well. But it makes Kyle look like that much more of a jackass that he pointed the finger at Malkin when asked about Smith's poor season and then... traded him anyway. Way to toss someone under the bus for no good reason, dickhead.
He's just doing what many before him do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad