Salary Cap: Pens Summer Salary Thread: We Hayes Dubas's offseason moves so far

Status
Not open for further replies.

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
It's an investment. FSG is just sitting on it. Every team makes money in this league. So they can do nothing and still be okay. One day it'll be worth it to sell and they will.

The issue is they don't have any personal stake in it. There's no emotion, just business. We're a bullet point on a portfolio.

Which means they also won't care about trying hard to win for pride or anything.

This franchise is 100% f***ed until someone who wants to own a team and wants to win comes in.

It was fun.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Just as a mid-summer thought since there's so little movement...I wonder if McGroaty is in any way possible? Rumor is that Jacob Truscott is not wanting to sign with Vancouver so he may be available. Winnipeg is also wanting a center.

Say we can sign Jacob Truscott, could that make a package around Pickering+Ponomarov feasible? You then slot McGroaty in at 3C and slowly build him up take over 2C when Malkin retires.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
It's an investment. FSG is just sitting on it. Every team makes money in this league. So they can do nothing and still be okay. One day it'll be worth it to sell and they will.

The issue is they don't have any personal stake in it. There's no emotion, just business. We're a bullet point on a portfolio.

Which means they also won't care about trying hard to win for pride or anything.

This franchise is 100% f***ed until someone who wants to own a team and wants to win comes in.

It was fun.
On the flip side, for discussion sake, would you rather FSG take a super active role in dictating the day-to-day activities of the Penguins?

How many times have we seen the downside of "meddling owners"? Burkle and Mario were VERY hands off but I wouldn't at any point say they were just letting them "sit" so I don't know why we would assume that for FSG.

Ulf5

Feb 21, 2017
Just as a mid-summer thought since there's so little movement...I wonder if McGroaty is in any way possible? Rumor is that Jacob Truscott is not wanting to sign with Vancouver so he may be available. Winnipeg is also wanting a center.

Say we can sign Jacob Truscott, could that make a package around Pickering+Ponomarov feasible? You then slot McGroaty in at 3C and slowly build him up take over 2C when Malkin retires.
Slow down there pal lol. Everything I'm reading on Truscott is his current potential is a #7/AHLer. Don't think we should be giving up Pick just yet for that. (Yes I know for McGroarty)
Either way, Truscott becomes ufa 8/16? Believe the 15th is deadline to sign.

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
Id just like FSG to have some stake in the game.
Mario and Burkle had some personal money tied up in this and were locally known and at least in marios case were locally active.

I think FSG is removed a few too many layers from the CITY and the team.

They could be successful with it. But I doubt it. They are just a faceless conglomo who at the first chance to double their investment will bounce. You think they'll be owning this in twenty years?

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I’ve always wanted my hometown sports to be to owned by the villain in an 80s movie.

1721060132466.png

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Slow down there pal lol. Everything I'm reading on Truscott is his current potential is a #7/AHLer. Don't think we should be giving up Pick just yet for that. (Yes I know for McGroarty)
Either way, Truscott becomes ufa 8/16? Believe the 15th is deadline to sign.
I think we'd still be okay. We will start the season:

Petts-EK
Gryz-Letang
Graves-JSI

or close to that. Worst case, we ship off Pettersson in which case we run:

Gryz-EK
Graves-Letang
Ludvig-Aho-Shea-JSI whatever

Which would also point to us likely not making the playoffs. We can use our picks to take a dman to replace Pickering. McGroarty obviously replaces and usurps Pono.

While Pickering would be a nice addition to the backend, I'm not sure given other needs and our current d-corp that he is absolutely vital. Same with Pono unless he impresses in camp. Winnpieg fans were pretty pumped about McGroarty. They were thinking future 1/2C and future potential captain material so I still think it would be a good get if he forces Winnipegs hand.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

PenguinSuitedUp

Sponsor
Oct 2, 2019
Was mentioned during this:

Teams arent liking whats coming out from Rutger's camp. He seems to be pretty entitled
Is it entitled to want to pick your own team and situation? If you’re a young player and want to ensure career success, you may want a guarantee that you are going into the right situation with the right resources, coaching, etc to have the best development opportunities available.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Didn’t someone do the math and basically Gauthier lost close to a mil when the Flyers didn’t sign him at year end in 2022-2023?

If that’s the case here, I find it hard to blame McGroarty.

Also, most of these guys are at least a little entitled haha. At least he’s talented.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Was mentioned during this:

Teams arent liking whats coming out from Rutger's camp. He seems to be pretty entitled
Wow, interesting. That's going to point to a team like Chicago or something who can actually give him the playing time.

That said, maybe they can watch enough tape on him to determine if he can actually make the roster. Might be tough with how many f***ing bottom 6 nobodies we now have but who knows.

I say we pick him up for peanuts and offer him 1st line minutes with Sid!!
McGroarty-Sid-Rust
Bunt-Geno-Raks
DOC-Hayes-Puustinen
Beauvillier-Lizotte-Accairi

Not the worst thing to role into the season with assuming they move Eller - which I think they will.

Reactions: Le Magnifique 66
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad