Confirmed with Link: Blues sign 2 Oilers to offer sheets!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
Also for anyone who is worried about OS on Blues players in the future because we opened the can of worms now. We are not the first to sign a player to the OS and won't be the last and there has never been much evidence of retaliation down the line. Hell look at Carolina, just a few years ago they OS and got Kotkeniemi from the Habs, has there been any retaliation against the Canes??? Hell they have Seth Jarvis as a RFA as I type this, a 30+ goal scored and nothing from the Habs or anyone else.
Well the Canes OS was a retaliation for the Habs offer sheeting Aho. Blues retaliated against Vancouver when they offer sheeted Backes by doing the same to Bernier. It does happen, but I am not worried about it really. I would be surprised if Neighbours even makes it far enough to be eligible for one, he will be locked up before so IMO. Not to mention the Oilers don't have any cap space to make any splashes anyway, if anything they need to hope someone doesn't do the same thing to Bouchard next summer.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston
Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Also for anyone who is worried about OS on Blues players in the future because we opened the can of worms now. We are not the first to sign a player to the OS and won't be the last and there has never been much evidence of retaliation down the line. Hell look at Carolina, just a few years ago they OS and got Kotkeniemi from the Habs, has there been any retaliation against the Canes??? Hell they have Seth Jarvis as a RFA as I type this, a 30+ goal scored and nothing from the Habs or anyone else.
Kotkanieni was retaliation for the Aho offer sheet for sure. Kind of a stupid decision, but one nonetheless.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
So we don't have a 2nd round pick for the next 2 years and in 2025, we only have a 1st, 2 5ths and a 6th. Good moves regardless.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
So we don't have a 2nd round pick for the next 2 years and in 2025, we only have a 1st, 2 5ths and a 6th. Good moves regardless.
Kapanen, Saad and Faksa are all TDL bait. I see us gaining back a low 2nd (for Saad), a 3rd (for Faksa) and a 5th (for Kap), as long as they do reasonably well.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
My masculine intuition tells me Army would have no problem folding Bowman up and sliding him into Toewes back pocket.
april-21-2014-10-years-ago-today-the-facial-expressions-of-v0-ms17x3f2iuvc1.jpeg

How an Army/Bowman parking lot meeting would look

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
This DA presser is fantastic.

"If there is some GM code not to do OS, nobody sent that to me."

"I read that I wouldn't have done this Holland, that's BS, I would have done this to my own mother if she was GM of Edmonton."

LMAO

"We are going to leave enough cap space to sign our own free agents."

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
That dude came over here trying to build an argument against one of the most knowledgeable fan bases on HF.

Like someone posted yesterday, HFBlues is in that Goldilocks sweet spot. Our porridge is just right.
I do think this is probably, PER CAPITA, one of the most knowledgeable cohorts on HF. I’m not sure that’s much of a brag though, and our rating would drop if Brian joined Edmonton.

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
I do think this is probably, PER CAPITA, one of the most knowledgeable cohorts on HF. I’m not sure that’s much of a brag though, and our rating would drop if Brian joined Edmonton.
Sure, but let's keep the appeal to authority in check. It's just long posts with lots of data.

I think the Goldilocks sweet spot IS the per capita aspect.

Last edited:

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
This DA presser is fantastic.

"If there is some GM code not to do OS, nobody sent that to me."

"I read that I wouldn't have done this Holland, that's BS, I would have done this to my own mother if she was GM of Edmonton."

LMAO

"We are going to leave enough cap space to sign our own free agents."
I gotta watch this when I go on break from work

oPlaiD

Dec 3, 2007
Why do you care what he has to to say?

Swedes Suck Permafrost.

Seriously, though, Broberg didn't say very much in this interview.

It looked like he was not only translating the questions, but also saying to himself, Remember your training, remember your training, remember your training. Don't say anything stupid.
He certainly showed the amount of personality I'd expect from most Swedish hockey players...

Though to be honest, I'm not sure why I feel like that given our recent Swedish vets Steen and Gunnarson.

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
HELL YEAH!

I'm so excited to see how this all works out. Granted, losing Paul Fischer and the third stings a tiny bit (I really wanted Army to ream Bowman up the ass without lube.), but we've got two potentially ascending young players who will hopefully be here for a very long time.

And the best part is that Edmonton can't do shit to us since they're struggling against the cap and have to sign Bouchard and Draisaitl. No poaching of Neighbours or Hofer.

I expect a small trade to get Perunovich's contract off this team, but I think we're mostly set.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Actually I dont care about an OS. The Oilers WILL NOT do an offer sheet. I find it interesting that you dont think that Holloway making $2.2M for 15 goals will have any affect on what Jake asks for scoring 35.

Army will be hosting a front office party if Jake Neighbours scores 35 goals and his agent brings up 15 goal scorers during negotiations. Frank Vatrano was the only 35 goal scorer last year who is set to make less than $5.5M against the cap this season. I would absolutely love it if Neighbours wants to talk about a $2.3M player during his next round of negotiations.

I understand that you aren't familiar with Army's negotiating tactics, but a 35 goal season from Neighbours would result in the team offering him 8 year deals. Army doesn't screw around with low ball bridge deals with his young guys that have proven themselves as high end talent.

So no, a guy making $4.6M spread over 2 years will have absolutely zero impact on the negotation's of Neighbours' potential $60M+ long term extension.

Or what Perukovich and Joseph will ask for when Broberg is making $4.6M. What better comparables to use than those on your team.

I couldn't care less what they ask for. If they want to use Broberg as a comp for their contracts, then they are welcome to file for arbitration or seek an offer sheet. We signed Joseph to a $950k contract after the Pens decided not to qualify him. We've been holding Perunovich's hand while he tries to stick as a full time NHLer for years now. I would lose zero sleep about having to make on offer sheet decision on either and I'd be happy to go to arbitration with either.

Last edited:

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Just learned that Broberg played 81 games for the Oilers. Had he played 2 games less at the end of last season, he wouldn't have been eligible for an offer sheet.

Another point of mismanagement by the Oilers.
I'm pretty sure that playoff games count toward the games played requirement the same way they do for other CBA contract milestones.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad