Flint Firebirds 2023 - 24 Off-Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ScoutLife4

Nov 28, 2023
I know someone who worked at a local hotel and they pointed out that when teams like London/Kitchener roll in there’s like 8-10 staff/coaches staying with catered meals set up for everybody and all kinds of stuff. Niagara? Like 5 staff members, no pre-arranged meals for the kids. It’s not hard for me to believe all the stories coming out about DD and the org which is scary because that’s one of best locations/arena/fanbases around. You shouldn’t need to cut corners to make them a success on or off the ice.
Yea i've heard some crazy stories about forcing bus drivers to drive home in snow storms because he wouldn't approve a hotel so he rather endanger 30+ lives on the bus.
He is big on cutting costs every way he can but in all the wrong areas.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Yea i've heard some crazy stories about forcing bus drivers to drive home in snow storms because he wouldn't approve a hotel so he rather endanger 30+ lives on the bus.
Wow. That is REALLY DANGEROUS. Ridiculous that the league doesn’t know about this, or if they do that they’re not stepping in. Hopefully this new commissioner does but if it flew with branch I don’t know if he will put an end to it.

Reactions: dogs777

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
The Petes just acquired Matthew Jenken from Flint. Can a Firebirds fan provide some insight on what the Petes can expect from him?
Good kid. Has at times shown flashes of offensive potential but it’s never fully materialized. Being a U18 pick though, he’s continued to develop and looks better all the time. He’s a bigger body and not soft but he doesn’t really play a heavy game. Late last year he was throwing the body more and winning more puck battles along the boards though. He doesn’t make a ton of mistakes but he’s also not gonna wow you consistently great outlet passes either. I also think because he spent a lot of time paired with Stojkov last year that it hurt him as far as the eye test goes. I think he’ll be a capable OA next year though and you guys get 2 solid seasons out of him.

Reactions: Petes1987

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
James Petrovski-Tristan Bertucci
Grayden Strohack-Matthew Jenken
Reed Gee-Ryan Vannetten

Wouldn’t be the worst Dcore in the league. They can scout and draft ‘em, just gotta do a little better at hanging on to them. I think they got decent returns but we’ll be wishing they still had Petrovski and Strohack next year.

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
James Petrovski-Tristan Bertucci
Grayden Strohack-Matthew Jenken
Reed Gee-Ryan Vannetten

Wouldn’t be the worst Dcore in the league. They can scout and draft ‘em, just gotta do a little better at hanging on to them. I think they got decent returns but we’ll be wishing they still had Petrovski and Strohack next year.
Did Grayden Strohack and Matthew Jenken play together as a defence pair at any time when they both played for Flint?

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Did Grayden Strohack and Matthew Jenken play together as a defence pair at any time when they both played for Flint?
They weren’t regular pair but they might have had some shifts together at some point. Grayden wasn’t here for very many games. I can’t remember which side he predominantly played while in Flint.

Dog Fan

Apr 22, 2017
Lol, what a joke, why would he buy the team if he can't afford/doesn't want to pay for the costs associated with it...

Was at the Kingston @ Icedogs game 10-1 in club and he was just staring at his phone the whole time and didn't seem to care at all
#SELLTHETEAM...I wish that I wasn't so obsessed with minor hockey so I could give up my seasons tickets but this owner is an embarrassment and should be forced out by the league before it's too late. With former players like Bobby Hull, Stan Mikita, Marcel Dionne having played their minor hockey in St. Catharines, the city is the right place for a franchise but we deserve an owner that can treat their fan base with the respect they deserve.

Reactions: Savard18

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Complete nonsense

Wow. That is REALLY DANGEROUS. Ridiculous that the league doesn’t know about this, or if they do that they’re not stepping in. Hopefully this new commissioner does but if it flew with branch I don’t know if he will put an end to it.
Because it never happened

• Haha
Reactions: MJ5

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
why do you keep doing this? You’re never right. he doesn’t deserve your blind loyalty
He's the kind of person who won't jump in the lake when his boat is a sinking. He's a ride or die.

Ice Dogs never do anything wrong in his eyes. I think he was literally the only person to defend the trade yesterday.

You kind of gotta respect the loyalty to a team. I bet he's in the barn every night to watch warmups and walks out with the ushers at the end of the day.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
He's the kind of person who won't jump in the lake when his boat is a sinking. He's a ride or die.

Ice Dogs never do anything wrong in his eyes. I think he was literally the only person to defend the trade yesterday.

You kind of gotta respect the loyalty to a team. I bet he's in the barn every night to watch warmups and walks out with the ushers at the end of the day.
its funny because when i posted that deddobler purchased the team he was the first person to tell me how wrong i was.

i found an old post of his where he denied that the ice dogs where being investigated about the selling of draft picks( rick westhead reporting suggests otherwise if you dont believe me). everyone in the room says they did, but three dog night just keeps telling everyone they are wrong.

i apricate the loyalty, but the owner doesnt deserve it, and why the poster needs to run in and tell everyone they are wrong when they are pretty much always bang on, is bizarre to me.

this whole thread is full of comedy when looking back at it.

Reactions: MJ5

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
its funny because when i posted that deddobler purchased the team he was the first person to tell me how wrong i was.

i found an old post of his where he denied that the ice dogs where being investigated about the selling of draft picks( rick westhead reporting suggests otherwise if you dont believe me). everyone in the room says they did, but three dog night just keeps telling everyone they are wrong.

i apricate the loyalty, but the owner doesnt deserve it, and why the poster needs to run in and tell everyone they are wrong when they are pretty much always bang on, is bizarre to me.

this whole thread is full of comedy when looking back at it.
LOL @ LDN calling them a contender.

@OHL4Life you nailed it here. Niagara IceDogs 2022 Off-season Thread

The denial in the draft pick selling is priceless by him. haha

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Their own staff was complaining about it in the Peterborough scout room last Feb.
Weird that their own employees would be so mad about something that didn't happen but because you say so it must have never happened?
he admitted it when the league called him
Out on it. I’ve seen a memo from the ad in to players and billets that they would not be fed on the road trips and that the players should pack their own lunches.

he has admitted it happened privately and claimed to have cleaned up his act. No clue if he has or has not

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
This thread has been high jacked, which is taking away from the very good return Flint got for Bertucci.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
it’s just the flow of conversation, it’s August.

If you want to start a new convo, nothing is stopping you
He has nothing to contribute to a hockey conversation and no idea whether the Bertucci trade was solid value or not. Let him wander back to the Saginaw thread to police the conversations.

Reactions: MJ5 and Toldyaso

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Reactions: Toldyaso and MJ5

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad