Flint Firebirds 2023 - 24 Off-Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
Any insight on what we can expect from him? From what I gather he is a physical forward who was one of the top face off guys in the league.
He played most of his OHL career with the Peterborough Petes. As you said he is one of the top players on face offs. He is a really good physical forward who can provide points. He was key to Peterborough’s OHL Championship win in 2023.

Last edited:

FrontalLobe

Feb 23, 2023
was an important part of the Petes Champoo

He played most of his OHL career with the Peterborough Petes. As you said he is one of the top players on face offs. He is a really good physical forward who can provide points. He was key to Peterborough’s OHL Championship win in 2023.
Great 2 way player and dressing room guy as well.

OHL Fan

Mar 5, 2020
Both Niagara and flint kind of take the L here in my mind- flint just got all those players only for theirbest player and a top d man in the league to say ya sorry guys I don’t wanna be here. Going to really hurt them this year on their backend.
Bertucci wants out and thus Flint has no choice to make the best of their situation, which I am sure they will.

Also, Bertucci is a good dman but not an elite dman, and his stats support that.

Just my opinion

Reactions: Section5Petes

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
Podrekar would make the most logical sense looking at their roster. I'd hope to god it isn't Frolov.
giphy.gif

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Bertucci wants out and thus Flint has no choice to make the best of their situation, which I am sure they will.

Also, Bertucci is a good dman but not an elite dman, and his stats support that.

Just my opinion
Similar to the frasca and thibodeau situation then. Obviously those 2 aren’t on Bertuccis level and will be back after this year but comparable in the sense of them all wanting out.

A top pairing d man that will be getting an invite to a team Canada camp and may be around a point per game while being a stay at home/ 2 way d man has some value. The only thing potentially taking away the value is if other teams know he wants out.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
Barrie RecievesFlint RecievesNiagara Recives
Tristian BertucciArtem Frolov Jack Brauti
Urban PodrekarBlair Scott
Rights - Hayden Reid2nd 2026 BAR
2nd 2025 OSH3rd 2027 WSR
2nd 2026 PBO4th 2025 KGN
3rd 2026 NB8th 2025 FNT
3rd 2027 SBY14th 2025 FNT
3rd 2027 OS*3rd 2028 PBO

LWCRW
Connor Clattenburg - 05 - 60 GP - 29 PKaden Pitre 06 - 35 GP - 30 PEvan Konyen *04* - 55 GP - 48 P
Nathan Aspinall 06 - 65 GP - 34 PJimmy Lombardi 07 - 62 GP - 20 PChristopher Thibodeau 05 - 68 GP 60 P
Matthew Wang 05 - 61 GP - 11 PXavier Tessier - 08 Rookie - 2nd roundAlex Kostov 06 - 66 GP - 26 P
Jeremy Martin 07 - 64 GP - 14 PMax Anderson - 07 - 18 GP - 0 PCole Zurawski - 08 Rookie - 1st round
Ryland Cunningham - 08 - Rookie - 2nd roundGage Brandon - 08 Rookie - 3rd round
LDGRD
Urban Podrekar 05 - 62 GP - 22 PNathan Day 05Matthew Mania 05 - 45 GP - 23 P
Blake Smith *04* - 65 GP - 13 P Jacob Brown 06Nolan Collins *04* - 65 GP - 26 P
Artyom Frolov 07 - 67 GP - 12 PRylan Fellinger 07 - 58 GP - 4 P
Mason Taylor 06 - 3 GP - 0 P Jack D'Arcy 07 - 4 GP - 0 P

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI

Damn. Dissapointed to see Tristan go, but if he needs to be closer to home that’s a pretty good return. Frolov was a high 2nd round pick last year and from all I’ve read, he’s already a solid young D. I watched very little of the Ice Dogs last year so I don’t really have my own opinion on him yet. That’s about the return I’d expect for Andonovski this year and he’s probably the most coveted D on the market this year.

ScoutLife4

Nov 28, 2023
Barrie gets a top pair D. Flint gets 2 solid D options AND more picks to buy with. Niagara....net spends picks to downgrade their blue line. Never change, Niagara.
Yes but D.D got Paid. LOL.
Same song and dance every season with that guy.

tdot

Jan 28, 2024
Yes but D.D got Paid. LOL.
Same song and dance every season with that guy.
Do teams pay money under the table to icedogs or is it just that icedogs deliberately save money on school packages through trades which decreases the value they get in return? Or both?

ScoutLife4

Nov 28, 2023
Do teams pay money under the table to icedogs or is it just that icedogs deliberately save money on school packages through trades which decreases the value they get in return? Or both?
A lot of it is getting out of schooling costs but money definitely is known to be exchanged.

Reactions: MJ5 and tdot

tdot

Jan 28, 2024
A lot of it is getting out of schooling costs but money definitely is known to be exchanged.
Lol, what a joke, why would he buy the team if he can't afford/doesn't want to pay for the costs associated with it...

Was at the Kingston @ Icedogs game 10-1 in club and he was just staring at his phone the whole time and didn't seem to care at all

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
The Petes just acquired Matthew Jenken from Flint. Can a Firebirds fan provide some insight on what the Petes can expect from him?

ScoutLife4

Nov 28, 2023
Lol, what a joke, why would he buy the team if he can't afford/doesn't want to pay for the costs associated with it...

Was at the Kingston @ Icedogs game 10-1 in club and he was just staring at his phone the whole time and didn't seem to care at all
These are questions the fan base should all be asking.
Its an embarrassment

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
These are questions the fan base should all be asking.
Its an embarrassment
I know someone who worked at a local hotel and they pointed out that when teams like London/Kitchener roll in there’s like 8-10 staff/coaches staying with catered meals set up for everybody and all kinds of stuff. Niagara? Like 5 staff members, no pre-arranged meals for the kids. It’s not hard for me to believe all the stories coming out about DD and the org which is scary because that’s one of best locations/arena/fanbases around. You shouldn’t need to cut corners to make them a success on or off the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad