Flint Firebirds 2023 - 24 Off-Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
i do t think flint makes this move without liking the trade for them. I’ll wait to see but I think Niagara takes the L here

Reactions: Section5Petes

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Really weak? How so?

Bertucci doesn't just want out to want out, there's other factors in his request, trying to be closer to home.
All the top tier players not on London and Saginaw are going to the east and the east all has the big buyers like Brampton, Brantford, still has a mostly returning team of Oshawa that went to the finals, Kingstons a big buyer this year even though I don’t think it’s the right timing, Barrie’s going to be maybe the biggest buyer, Sudbury if they get musty back will be a big buyer maybe, north bay even ina. Rebuilding team likely will still be decent with their returning group even if they sell off wakely/romani/van steensel and already let Mathurin go. Niagara will be like Windsor and flint- high octane offence, no good defence or goaltending, Peterborough will be better but may miss playoffs- still too young, however will have stable goaltending, Ottawa is a seller but should be alright until the deadline where they sell off Pinelli and maybe a few other guys. Mews is the one that hurts them if that rumour is true.

Top to bottom east is better. Only ones that will be competing with east is London and Saginaw(but Saginaw will be like Oshawa- strong pieces returning but may not go all in)

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
i do t think flint makes this move without liking the trade for them. I’ll wait to see but I think Niagara takes the L here
Both Niagara and flint kind of take the L here in my mind- flint just got all those players only for their best player and a top d man in the league to say ya sorry guys I don’t wanna be here. Going to really hurt them this year on their backend.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
All the top tier players not on London and Saginaw are going to the east and the east all has the big buyers like Brampton, Brantford, still has a mostly returning team of Oshawa that went to the finals, Kingstons a big buyer this year even though I don’t think it’s the right timing, Barrie’s going to be maybe the biggest buyer, Sudbury if they get musty back will be a big buyer maybe, north bay even ina. Rebuilding team likely will still be decent with their returning group even if they sell off wakely/romani/van steensel and already let Mathurin go. Niagara will be like Windsor and flint- high octane offence, no good defence or goaltending, Peterborough will be better but may miss playoffs- still too young, however will have stable goaltending, Ottawa is a seller but should be alright until the deadline where they sell off Pinelli and maybe a few other guys. Mews is the one that hurts them if that rumour is true.

Top to bottom east is better. Only ones that will be competing with east is London and Saginaw(but Saginaw will be like Oshawa- strong pieces returning but may not go all in)
You said Flint had a really weak D core without Bert, None of that answered my question 😂😂

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
Both Niagara and flint kind of take the L here in my mind- flint just got all those players only for their best player and a top d man in the league to say ya sorry guys I don’t wanna be here. Going to really hurt them this year on their backend.
We don't even know the whole trade yet. I'm not going to point and say anyone is taking an L here.

I think the only person who can rightfully give an opinion is @OHL4Life he knows more than any of us do.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
You said Flint had a really weak D core without Bert, None of that answered my question 😂😂
Jenken and Smith top 2 D.

Who is second pair? Felliger and d’arcy? Where were they this year in the lineup? Not higher than 3rd pair probably. Allen and graziano are both committed to NCAA. How’s colosimp and Tully? Will be they be ohl ready? This may be your top 6.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015

Erie.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
We don't even know the whole trade yet. I'm not going to point and say anyone is taking an L here.

I think the only person who can rightfully give an opinion is @OHL4Life he knows more than any of us do.
a no d to be fair I don’t know exactly either

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
I’m not sure who their goalie will be but if they get one I’d put them in top tier with London and Saginaw.

Just saw they picked erliden. Is he signing or coming to Erie? That should be a big get for them if he does come.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015

Who is second pair? Felliger and d’arcy? Where were they this year in the lineup? Not higher than 3rd pair probably. Allen and graziano are both committed to NCAA. How’s colosimp and Tully? Will be they be ohl ready? This may be your top 6.

And Collins & Mania; both would be good for Kingston.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint

About what I expected. Didn't do your research.

Nolan Collins, Matthew Mania, Smith would be the top 3.

Fellinger and Jenken would split time on the 2nd pair at the moment, if you add Frolov as rumored changes that even more.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I’m not sure who their goalie will be but if they get one I’d put them in top tier with London and Saginaw.

Just saw they picked erliden. Is he signing or coming to Erie? That should be a big get for them if he does come.

the import is signed? And Gibson should still be considered an 18 yr old with high upside imo

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
About what I expected. Didn't do your research.
Told you before I don’t know a whole ton about flint other than drafted players and roster from last year lol. My bad I forgot about trade- they’re not listed on the team yet

the import is signed? And Gibsonshould still be considered an 18 yr old with high upside
Not listed as that on elite prospects. That’s why I said IF he is.

Completely forgot about the trade. Not my team so I don’t pay a ton of attention obviously but the defence is a lot better than I said it was with mania and Collins and if you get frolov he should be decent too. Should be the 3/4th spot.

Last edited:
Reactions: MJ5

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
A couple of off-seasons in the making, Bertucci now seems successful in forcing his way to a team that could and would acquire Barlow.
If Barlow moves, it would be best for all concerned if he goes before the season started.
Whispers ( for a few years ), has been Colby has wanted to play with his best pal Bertucci.

There was even suggestions the Attack tried to pry him from Flint, but no luck and that's when Petrovski came.

Reactions: dirty12

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
Hey everyone…two of your overagers from last season - Oliver Peer and Roberto Mancini - have committed to play for the University of New Brunswick this upcoming season. Wondering if anyone would be kind enough to provide a scouting report or tell us fans what we can expect to see from the pair? TIA

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Hey everyone…two of your overagers from last season - Oliver Peer and Roberto Mancini - have committed to play for the University of New Brunswick this upcoming season. Wondering if anyone would be kind enough to provide a scouting report or tell us fans what we can expect to see from the pair? TIA

Windsor guy here...

For Windsor, Peer was speedy, offensive, and a character in the room. He was a free-agent signing by the Spitfires prior to 2021-22 and went from an "oh, he's on the ice?" depth guy to a "we need peer out there!" producer late in games. He had his flaws; he wasn't physical and didn't always play defence, but he was there for the critical moments they needed him. Plus, he was easily one of the better character guys off the ice from his "Mustard and pickles on the bench" stories to just cracking jokes whenever possible. With that said... Flint fans might have a different take on him since he was traded to them in January 2024.

Windsor had Mancini for about two months; roughly mid-November until the trade deadline in January. He wasn't overly offensive but he was very solid defensively, used his frame well, made good passes, helped out the younger D, and was a leader in the room. It wasn't easy trading him but Windsor managed it. Again, Flint fans may have a different take on him...

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Windsor guy here...

For Windsor, Peer was speedy, offensive, and a character in the room. He was a free-agent signing by the Spitfires prior to 2021-22 and went from an "oh, he's on the ice?" depth guy to a "we need peer out there!" producer late in games. He had his flaws; he wasn't physical and didn't always play defence, but he was there for the critical moments they needed him. Plus, he was easily one of the better character guys off the ice from his "Mustard and pickles on the bench" stories to just cracking jokes whenever possible. With that said... Flint fans might have a different take on him since he was traded to them in January 2024.

Windsor had Mancini for about two months; roughly mid-November until the trade deadline in January. He wasn't overly offensive but he was very solid defensively, used his frame well, made good passes, helped out the younger D, and was a leader in the room. It wasn't easy trading him but Windsor managed it. Again, Flint fans may have a different take on him...
Same thought when Saginaw moved him to Windsor. I understood the business side of it but Mancini is 100% a leader type that a locker room needs.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
Would agree with both OHLTG and Kingpin on both of them. Peer won't help ya a ton on the defensive end, but can turn and burn with the best of them.

Mancini doesn't give a ton offensively, he's more your old school stay at home guy, usually in the right place, not chasing. He did manage to score 30 OHL goals in his career. He's not going to wow you shooting, but I thought he had a sneaky ability to find the net.

FrontalLobe

Feb 23, 2023

UNB is also getting a beauty in Jax Dubois.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad