Salary Cap: Pens Summer Salary Thread: We Hayes Dubas's offseason moves so far

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
McGroarty would be a sick pickup. Having two guys like Yager and McGroarty developing and potentially ready in place for when the team hits on one of those top-5 picks they'll be getting soon would probably speed up the rebuild by a ton.

But I dunno how you get McGroarty without using a 1st rounder or Yager, and that kind of defeats the purpose.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Kase sucks. He was never that great to begin with and he has a MAJOR health issue and injury history. Absolute waste of a contract slot. Unload Nieto, Eller, Acciari, Hayes...then we'll talk.

Reactions: Victor Z

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
i like a kid that wants the head coaches' job and isn't shy about it. :laugh:
Gotta respect that ambition for sure. :laugh:

But I dunno how you get McGroarty without using a 1st rounder or Yager, and that kind of defeats the purpose.
Kinda shows why it would have been nice to get a 1st for Jake or Petts or whoever, incidentally.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
McGroarty would be a sick pickup. Having two guys like Yager and McGroarty developing and potentially ready in place for when the team hits on one of those top-5 picks they'll be getting soon would probably speed up the rebuild by a ton.

Too bad Buffalo doesn't own his rights. We could have just sent them one of our many 4C for him.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
1721117833887.png

• Wow
Reactions: BusinessGoose

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010

I think what you do is try to use guys we've collected to get him. Something like Ponomarov + STL 2nd. Or Pickering + 2nd. You might even propose Koivunen. Realistically though, this is the situation that Dubas has discussed in the past - you collect guys like Pono, Koivunen, Cruz, etc so that you have the ability to discuss guys like McGroarty. If tomorrow, they announced Pono, Koivunen, Cruz for McGroarty, I would be stoaked. It's a 3 for 1 but that 1 is likely a blue chip. That is a piece that would fit us better right now.

The biggest thing going against us right now is the relatively overloaded bottom 6 roster.

Beauvillier, Hayes, Puustinen, Poulin, Eller, Acciari, Lizotte, Puljujarvi, Bemstrom...We have 9 bottom 6 guys pushing for a spot. I would think it would be hard to tell McGroarty: Oh yeah, we totally have an open spot for you! Play time for days over here in ol Pittsburgh!
would prefer exhausting other methods but I would do Yager for McGroarty
I don't think I would. I think they like Yager and he progressing well. You are giving up a very positive relationship and development trajectory for a potentially iffy one. From a risk standpoint, you don't.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
I don't think I would. I think they like Yager and he progressing well. You are giving up a very positive relationship and development trajectory for a potentially iffy one. From a risk standpoint, you don't.
I'd rather just keep Yager at that point.
I simply think McGroarty will be a far better player.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal

Has to be centered around Pickering +. The Jets are still "contending" they lost Monahan and a few other pieces, maybe Pickering, Eller and something else works for both teams!

I simply think McGroarty will be a far better player.
He has to come cheap, not at the expense of Yager in my opinion with all the rumors we are hearing about him and his attitude. I'm not moving Yager for him right now because of those question marks!

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
1.44 ppg as a 19 year old in the NCAA. Can’t say I’ve watched the guy but that’s no joke. That kind of production usually translates well to the NHL.
Which is why he was a 1st rounder, on WJC team, and highly coveted.

There's no question he's going to be a good player. I think teams are just wondering how much of their standard development path process they are willing to blow up for him, especially at the cost it will take to get him.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Has to be centered around Pickering +. The Jets are still "contending" they lost Monahan and a few other pieces, maybe Pickering, Eller and something else works for both teams!

He has to come cheap, not at the expense of Yager in my opinion with all the rumors we are hearing about him and his attitude. I'm not moving Yager for him right now because of those question marks!
Pickering + Eller + 2nd.

I like it.

Which is why he was a 1st rounder, on WJC team, and highly coveted.

There's no question he's going to be a good player. I think teams are just wondering how much of their standard development path process they are willing to blow up for him, especially at the cost it will take to get him.
One thing is shaking the boat for sure. If other prospects see a player push his way on you may upset other prospects. You would almost have to make sure he is NHL ready and tell him he has to hustle and play both ways

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015

Well, if you really are trying to put pieces in place to help before the core retires, McGroarty will be ready a couple years sooner than whoever we draft with the 2025 first. So maybe you just go for it, with top 5 protection or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad