Salary Cap: Pens Summer Salary Thread: We Hayes Dubas's offseason moves so far

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Allow me to give everyone a lovely recap of recent shitbook rumors.

One site suggests we have reach an agreement for Tyler Johnson. There were others available but Johnson provides a high level of consistency!

Another site says we have 4 FAs in our sights:
Forwards: JVR and Sprong
Defensemen: Shattenkirk and Calvan de Haan.

So there you go, summer hockey discussions at their finest.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Calvin De Haan signed with the Avalanche as a Jack Johnson replacement on the cheap.

There are no rumors that are worth anything re: the Penguins unless it is about a Crosby extension or a trade. We have too many scrubs as is.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh

One site suggests we have reach an agreement for Tyler Johnson. There were others available but Johnson provides a high level of consistency!

Can you tell/link us the site or sites?

Because that would be very fitting what Dubas has been doing. 30+ aging vets les Sprong.

Edit: Found the one about the 4 fas. Best Potential Fits For The Pittsburgh Penguins in Free Agency

Reactions: Gurglesons

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Can you tell/link us the site or sites?

Because that would be very fitting what Dubas has been doing. 30+ aging vets les Sprong.
It was on some random fan's "Pittsburgh Penguin Fan" page with a garbage link. If I find it again, I will try to post the link. Honestly, not worth the time especially if you already read here.

Reactions: Ugene Magic

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan

I do not want to sign anyone else.

Please let some youth get in the line up. Being oldest team in the NHL year after year is not good.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Just for fun:

Pickering+Ponomarov for McGroarty
Puustinen+SJS 3rd for Robertson
Eller for Buffalo 5th
Acciari waived and claimed

Robertson-Sid-Rust
Bunting-Geno-Rakell
DOC-McGroarty-Beauvillier
Lizotte-Hayes-Poulin/Puljujarvi

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Just for fun:

Pickering+Ponomarov for McGroarty
Puustinen+SJS 3rd for Robertson
Eller for Buffalo 5th
Acciari waived and claimed

Robertson-Sid-Rust
Bunting-Geno-Rakell
DOC-McGroarty-Beauvillier
Lizotte-Hayes-Poulin/Puljujarvi

I like this a lot.

I still can't see Toronto trading Robertson. They need a LW and I really do not understand his trade demands when he can be in that top 6. Wide open.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I like this a lot.

I still can't see Toronto trading Robertson. They need a LW and I really do not understand his trade demands when he can be in that top 6. Wide open.
I assume at this point it's cap related. That's why I sent Puustinen. I think he could "help" but at the same time I don't think he's a guy that gets claimed if you have to send him down, especially early in the season.

We however, have the cap space. Sending out Eller and Acciari helps a ton too.

That roster has a lot of flexibility too. Other ways to line them up:

McGroaty-Sid-Rust
Bunt-Geno-Robertson
DOC-Hayes-Raks
Poulin-Lizotte-Puljujarvi

DOC-Sid-Rust
Roberston-Geno-Rakell
Bunting-McGroarty-Beau
Lizotte-Hayes-Poulin/Poolparty

DOC, Robertson, Bunting can all rotate. Rakell, Beau, DOC, Rust (maybe) can rotate. McGroarty, Hayes, Lizotte can rotate. Lots of roster flexibility.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
I assume at this point it's cap related. That's why I sent Puustinen. I think he could "help" but at the same time I don't think he's a guy that gets claimed if you have to send him down, especially early in the season.

We however, have the cap space. Sending out Eller and Acciari helps a ton too.

That roster has a lot of flexibility too. Other ways to line them up:

McGroaty-Sid-Rust
Bunt-Geno-Robertson
DOC-Hayes-Raks
Poulin-Lizotte-Puljujarvi

DOC-Sid-Rust
Roberston-Geno-Rakell
Bunting-McGroarty-Beau
Lizotte-Hayes-Poulin/Poolparty

DOC, Robertson, Bunting can all rotate. Rakell, Beau, DOC, Rust (maybe) can rotate. McGroarty, Hayes, Lizotte can rotate. Lots of roster flexibility.
I don't want to be Sullivan here but who is are penalty killers?

Rust lizotte
DOC Hayes?
Poulin/PoolParty / Bunting?

Goodleaf

Love a good stick.
Nov 15, 2010
I know the PK% was pretty good, but I wouldnt mind seeing a slightly more aggressive PK. Always boggled my mind seeing 87,71,59,58, and 65 struggle to get into the zone for a minute, but it felt like every other team had zero issues against us.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I don't think they "rebuilt". I think they are in the same position as us "we want Ovie to get the record and are committed to helping him until he retires". They just took more proactive steps than us this off-season.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I don't think they "rebuilt". I think they are in the same position as us "we want Ovie to get the record and are committed to helping him until he retires". They just took more proactive steps than us this off-season.

They acquired two top four defenseman, a top nine winger, and a top six forward.

Not sure what else you'd call it unless you are a bitter Penguins fan who doesn't want to give another team credit.

They will also actually give their young players a chance while we are signing and trading for players to block out ours.

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
The term “rebuild” seems to be nebulas and mean different things to different people.

To me a rebuild is exactly that. You’re rebuilding from top to bottom with young players. Swapping a handful of non core player is more of a “retool”.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021

But it wasn't just this offseason. Couple years ago they started to sell off assets. No wonder they are further ahead then us.
Doesn't hurt to have a coach that actually, you know, coaches.

Speaking of, how badly do you think Sully would misuse Ovi on the PP?

Kasperi kapanen

Jul 23, 2014
They acquired two top four defenseman, a top nine winger, and a top six forward.

Not sure what else you'd call it unless you are a bitter Penguins fan who doesn't want to give another team credit.

They will also actually give their young players a chance while we are signing and trading for players to block out ours.
Yea the Caps literally acquired a top defensive pair for nothing. Still can’t believe that. And they’re the most likely spot for Laine. They are skull f***ing us in the “retool” phase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad