Salary Cap: Pens Summer Salary Thread: We Hayes Dubas's offseason moves so far

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Yea the Caps literally acquired a top defensive pair for nothing. Still can’t believe that. And they’re the most likely spot for Laine. They are skull f***ing us in the “retool” phase.
And yet the vast majority of the time they been our bitch! And don't kid yourself, they aren't going anywhere either.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Aren’t you always posting about “looking forward” or something?
I just see it as silly to suggest the capitals are on the right track when there's evidence to the contrary. They aren't gonna win a damn thing. lol

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I just see it as silly to suggest the capitals are on the right track when there's evidence to the contrary. They aren't gonna win a damn thing. lol

They already won the off season :P

They also have a better selection of picks than us next draft.

1721252947795.png

1721252957658.png

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
That may be but which team has a better future between the Pens and Caps is like crowning the king of shit mountain. They're both gonna be in the dumpster for a prolonged period very soon.

Based on the Capitals have compotent management and their drafting record, I think it is easy to see that the Capitals will be the better team moving forward.

Since 2018 we've gotten 62 games out of drafted players in PIT.

Washington has gotten 859.

We've had 545 pts to Washington's 542 from 18-19 to now.

So we've basically performed the exact same as Washington in the regular season only the Capitals actually can draft.

Don't worry. We got the guy from Toronto who are well known for their amazing youth program!

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I honestly don't think the expectations could be any lower for him. He's honestly in a good spot right now. There should be next to no pressure for him. I'm hoping we can see a Heinen-like resurgence for him.

Seriously? It’s like you didn’t know this coach’s history of getting the least out of players lol

Reactions: Trade and SEALBound

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Based on the Capitals have compotent management and their drafting record, I think it is easy to see that the Capitals will be the better team moving forward.

So we've basically performed the exact same as Washington in the regular season only the Capitals actually can draft.

Don't worry. We got the guy from Toronto who are well known for their amazing youth program!
IMG_0562.jpeg

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011

I think both teams will be shit for a little while but probably not shitty enough to get the high end talent they need to pull out of it.

Pens might actually bottom out sooner than the Caps because the Caps are doing a better job of building their system now which ironically might put them in that bad spot where they're good enough to be decent but not good enough to be elite but also not bad enough to get high end picks.

We're gonna get high end picks pretty quickly once Sid declines/retires because our system is utterly devoid of the talent we need to be good.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
You're finally right about something, Dubas will lead us to mad success, you'll just have to wait for 5-6 years.

And I'm not worried, nor should anyone be. We're NOT gonna win anytime soon SO best thing to do is really suck for a while.

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
He got it out of Heinen? ERod had a good season here as well. Schultz made a comeback.

As much as we hate Sully, it's not like guys haven't rebounded.
Add Hagelin as well, although he was mainly just a poor fit in Anaheim.

His career stats look pretty damn similar to Hags’ at this point, though. Has a few deep playoff runs to top it off.

Isn’t Beauvillier fast as f***? I know his defensive responsibility is there since he was on NYI for all those years.

Reactions: SEALBound and Jacob

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
I think both teams will be shit for a little while but probably not shitty enough to get the high end talent they need to pull out of it.

Pens might actually bottom out sooner than the Caps because the Caps are doing a better job of building their system now which ironically might put them in that bad spot where they're good enough to be decent but not good enough to be elite but also not bad enough to get high end picks.

We're gonna get high end picks pretty quickly once Sid declines/retires because our system is utterly devoid of the talent we need to be good.

We shall see about that.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
We shall see about that.
I mean I don't see any way around it. Dubas wants to rebuild while not being shitty now but our system is still pretty barren of talent and unless he takes some big free agent swings when Sid retires then we'll be pretty bad.

But yeah we'll see I guess.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
This isn’t fully on Dubas. It’s the team dynamic and method of not creating spots for youth going back to Shero.

I know that post wasn’t a shot solely on Dubas but I had just saw the zip line photo so I made a meme and wasn’t patient enough. I went all in.

Ironically the Sully/JR combo did create spots for youth which gave cap flexibility and ended with cups. After that we went away from it/executed it terribly.

I feel like we haven’t had any decent youth for a while now but that’s more to your point. Between 2018-2020 was when a good injection of youth would have really helped a retool to be really competitive the last couple years.

Alas here we are. Might be a long shot but if Sully knows we’re in a rebuild now does that help him be a better coach this season and he might end up doing things he should have been doing all along 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Gurglesons

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
He got it out of Heinen? ERod had a good season here as well. Schultz made a comeback.

As much as we hate Sully, it's not like guys haven't rebounded.
Temporarily…as they play how they are used to…when they fully “buy in” to Sullivan’s way of playing, they turn into pumpkins lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad