Salary Cap: Pens Summer Salary Thread: We Hayes Dubas's offseason moves so far

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
This ENHANCES our ability to find diamonds in the rough. Clark is very well respected, this is as big of a development as we've had this summer. Whether it's a top 5-10 pick or a late rounder his forte is to be able look at a group of prospects and pick the most sure fire can't miss out of the bunch without necessarily compromising on their high end potential.

This is big news!

If you just go off the drafts he ran (2022-2024) large majority of the picks look pretty good so far. But it’s also too early to judge.
He's well respected in the industry and prior to '22 he gave informed opinions and insight into prospects for years. He knows his stuff.

Last edited:

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
This ENHANCES our ability to find diamonds in the rough. Clark is very well respected, this is as big of a development as we've had this summer. Whether it's a top 5-10 pick or a late rounder his forte is to be able look at a group of prospects and pick the most sure fire can't miss out of the bunch without necessarily compromising on their high end potential.

This is big news!

He's well respected in the industry and prior to '22 he gave informed opinions and insight into prospects for years. He knows his stuff.

I was going to say this might be the biggest get we got this summer.

That is not saying a lot with what we have.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Why would you ever doubt bringing in multiple people from one of the most unsuccessful organizations in the last 15 years?
Hyperbolic. despite playoff failure

8 straight playoff apps and 6 100 pt seasons in last 7 years does not qualify you as “one of the most unsuccessful orgs” in the league.

Tree def gonna run them into the ground though

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Hyperbolic. despite playoff failure

8 straight playoff apps and 6 100 pt seasons in last 7 years does not qualify you as “one of the most unsuccessful orgs” in the league.

Tree def gonna run them into the ground though

Easy to be a 100 pt team when you have a core that you inherited.

Unless you are Kyle Dubas in PIT apparently..

Reactions: farscape1

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Why would you ever doubt bringing in multiple people from one of the most unsuccessful organizations in the last 15 years?
Because Shanahan ruined it.

Easy to be a 100 pt team when you have a core that you inherited.

Unless you are Kyle Dubas in PIT apparently..
Context is important, he inherited dinosaurs, not players in their primes.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Something to watch...

Crosby is back in town. Haase said he skated with Brian Dumoulin and Reilly Smith prior to development camp today. I wouldn't be surprised if something gets ironed out soon.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
There what is?

Sorry, I should defend the consistent loser who is bringing in his batch of losers like Jason Spezza and some guy whose best pick was either Sean Durzi or Matthew Knies?
No you just went back to being incredibly reductive after you had no real rebuttal for the fact the Leafs aren’t “one of the most unsuccessful orgs” in recent memory.

Their franchise sucks in the grand scheme of things but they’ve been solid the last 8 years. Far from bottom feeders.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
No you just went back to being incredibly reductive after you had no real rebuttal for the fact the Leafs aren’t “one of the most unsuccessful orgs” in recent memory.

Their franchise sucks in the grand scheme of things but they’ve been solid the last 8 years. Far from bottom feeders.

So the Penguins have been solid the last 8 years too?

I don't want to mimic a team like the Leafs. They've been unsuccessful in pretty much every way. Their development has been mediocre at best, they've lost players like Joshua, Hyman, Marchment, Durzi, Grundstrom, Moore, Brown, etc all in trades because they seemingly can't evaluate their own talent in their system.

Just not a team I want to mimic. Name me a pick in the last 8 drafts that you think is going to be anything close to a top pairing / top line guy from the Leafs.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Something to watch...

Crosby is back in town. Haase said he skated with Brian Dumoulin and Reilly Smith prior to development camp today. I wouldn't be surprised if something gets ironed out soon.
For someone who didn't want to be here (Pittsburgh) and couldn't wait to be traded, it's weird he's still around in the summer time.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
So the Penguins have been solid the last 8 years too?
Probably, since it includes a Cup.

If you go past 7 years, not really for the Pens. We’re very middle of pack. I would say the Leafs have had the better past 7 years despite playoff series won being equal because they’ve had better RS’s and made the playoffs each year.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
For someone who didn't want to be here (Pittsburgh) and couldn't wait to be traded, it's weird he's still around in the summer time.

It's probably not been long enough for him to move after the trade.

I bet Dumoulin is similar, he probably still has a house in Pittsburgh but just got traded from Seattle to Anaheim. Probably easier to set up in Pittsburgh until the move is totally organized.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
Probably, since it includes a Cup.

If you go past 7 years, not really for the Pens. We’re very middle of pack. I would say the Leafs have had the better past 7 years despite playoff series won being equal because they’ve had better RS’s and made the playoffs each year.

It's sad that the Pittsburgh Penguins fans are content with being the Toronto Maple Leafs at this point.

It's also sad that the ownership seems to be okay with that too.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
It's sad that the Pittsburgh Penguins fans are content with being the Toronto Maple Leafs at this point.

It's also sad that the ownership seems to be okay with that too.
yea, that’s what I said.

you never addressed the original point and ONLY point I made. Which that it was hyperbolic to call the Leafs one of the worst orgs in recent times.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
It's probably not been long enough for him to move after the trade.

I bet Dumoulin is similar, he probably still has a house in Pittsburgh but just got traded from Seattle to Anaheim. Probably easier to set up in Pittsburgh until the move is totally organized.
Dumoulin makes sense because he has roots in Pittsburgh because of how long he played there. Smith's been around less than a calendar year, and likely didn't plant roots (he probably rented versus buying a new home in a place he didn't want to be).

It just seemed odd to me. I remember not liking living in a place I went to university and the second I graduated/finished exams, I left and moved back home. I didn't stick around in the summer time and get involved in some activities.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
yea, that’s what I said.

you never addressed the original point and ONLY point I made. Which that it was hyperbolic to call the Leafs one of the worst orgs in recent times.

Sorry. The Leafs are a stunning example of success and I for one will enjoy the continued amount of success their discard pieces will contribute to the Penguins.

Trades like Kevin Hayes for a 2nd put us in a place where we can compete now and build for the future. Truly magnificent work by noted mastermind Kyle Dubas.

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
Mildly excited about the Clark news. Leafs fans seem to be upset, so I'll take that as a positive thing for us. Obligatory Sault Ste. Marie hire though :laugh:

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Sorry. The Leafs are a stunning example of success and I for one will enjoy the continued amount of success their discard pieces will contribute to the Penguins.

Trades like Kevin Hayes for a 2nd put us in a place where we can compete now and build for the future. Truly magnificent work by noted mastermind Kyle Dubas.
sigh. You’re truly impossible.

I hope you are nice to your mother :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad