Salary Cap: Pens Summer Salary Thread: We Hayes Dubas's offseason moves so far

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Unless he suddenly becomes a NCAA player he literally has no choice.
Why? He can inform the Pens he has no intention of signing here and play anywhere that will have him, including Sweden, KHL etc…he can force the Pens to trade his rights…

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
  • Haha
Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Why? He can inform the Pens he has no intention of signing here and play anywhere that will have him, including Sweden, KHL etc…he can force the Pens to trade his rights…
If that were the case however I doubt he'd show up to rookie camp two years in a row and training camp last year.

I honestly think it's on Kyle to get this kid signed.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Imagine a player doing that how much of an entitled brat you start thinking this guy is. It's the league you dream of playing in but "nope, don't wanna play there". You're lucky to get a chance to play in the NHL.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I hate entitled players. Hopefully he's not one of them.
I doubt it for the reasons I stated above. He's been here every opportunity he could. Rookie camp, the rookie tourny, training camp then this years rookie camp.

If he didn't want to be here why does he keep showing up?

Reactions: SEALBound

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Regardless of the reason he needs to be signed.

The ONLY reason to wait is to maybe see if he makes the team THEN sign him for some good PR.

Although that seems like a reach. But, there's not much optimism otherwise for this team.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
If the plan is to already send him back to WHL, is there any positive to signing him to the ELC? They are three years. Sign now and one is burned. If we wait until next summer, that saves him an ELC year, no?

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
We’re at max contracts now.
Yeah, we're at or near the limit. Gotta move somebody out.

Sounds a lot like the attitude of user Ryder71 when Sid won’t leave PIT
At least I'm not a Caps fan.

If the plan is to already send him back to WHL, is there any positive to signing him to the ELC? They are three years. Sign now and one is burned. If we wait until next summer, that saves him an ELC year, no?
IF we don't sign him he CAN go back into the '25 draft.

And no, IF he go's back to Juniors we don't burn a year on his entry level contract.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Imagine a player doing that how much of an entitled brat you start thinking this guy is. It's the league you dream of playing in but "nope, don't wanna play there". You're lucky to get a chance to play in the NHL.
Cutter Gauthier just did that in January lol…

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I doubt it for the reasons I stated above. He's been here every opportunity he could. Rookie camp, the rookie tourny, training camp then this years rookie camp.

If he didn't want to be here why does he keep showing up?
If there was any indication he would sign, I think we'd have already seen a Yager for McGroarty swap.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Usually these ELCs come with some sort of signing bonus that allows the player to hire a chef or nutritionist. Other than that, no real reason to sign them early. If Yager is signed now, his ELC would slide a year wouldnt be used up until he plays 9 games in the NHL or plays in the AHL.

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
The good thing about the last couple of pages of this thread is now I want them to win even more, just to spite Pix. I'm not sure they will, in fact it's 50% at best. I don't even like Kyle Dubas. But LFG, guys.

This place became a lot more confusing to follow after I expanded the size of my ignore list...
Yea that's the only possible reason. Good as gone imo.

All because of Ryder too.

You mean Pixies.

Reactions: Rave7215
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad