Salary Cap: Pens Summer Salary Thread: We Hayes Dubas's offseason moves so far

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I don't know if Granlund would or wouldn't have produced in this top six. He looked kinda lost here and ultimately this team needs shooters/bangers in it's top six far worse than playmakers.

But I do know that it's hilarious that he put up the fourth best season of his career as soon as he was off this roster.

Reactions: Gurglesons

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
I don't know if Granlund would or wouldn't have produced in this top six. He looked kinda lost here and ultimately this team needs shooters/bangers in it's top six far worse than playmakers.

But I do know that it's hilarious that he put up the fourth best season of his career as soon as he was off this roster.
Sprong come on down!!!

Wait...

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Granlund ain’t scoring like that on this team

You know this, you’re just fully tourqued on the Dubas rant

That could be a Sully dig. Which is fair enough as he went overboard on the bottom 6 as pure shutdown lines of late.

2-way bottom 6 lines work much better especially with our goaltenders.

Ulf5

Feb 21, 2017
Granlund ain’t scoring like that on this team

You know this, you’re just fully tourqued on the Dubas rant
Spoken for truth.
To add just recently he was saying about some other player- that someone had to score on that team.
Take a look at the SJ roster, add in the injuries and finally trades. Someone had to score on that team.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011

Sullivan sucks but there's no mystery there. San Jose played him a lot.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Sullivan sucks but there's no mystery there. San Jose played him a lot.

True enough. Don't take that as me missing Granlund or thinking that was a smart idea.

He's not that far off in quality from what we've seen in our top six for years, though. Aside from a handful of obvious exceptions. But his skillset is a little weird and would never fit on this team. Was a truly boneheaded idea from the start.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
True enough. Don't take that as me missing Granlund or thinking that was a smart idea.

He's not that far off in quality from what we've seen in our top six for years, though. Aside from a handful of obvious exceptions. But his skillset is a little weird and would never fit on this team. Was a truly boneheaded idea from the start.
It was certainly dumb to get him and then use him in the bottom six and not on the top pp.

He's a guy who needs consistent pp minutes and offensive deployments to have success.

But Sully gonna Sully

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010

I actually feel bad for the guy. It was just not a good fit for him here. Which stinks because he's a decent player and obviously showed it in SJ.

It's just a terrible decision to bring him here, especially for a 2nd.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I actually feel bad for the guy. It was just not a good fit for him here. Which stinks because he's a decent player and obviously showed it in SJ.

It's just a terrible decision to bring him here, especially for a 2nd.

Don't worry. Kyle got us that big second rounder back and all he had to do was take on a horrendous player so all is right with the world.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
“but the goaltending wasn’t good.”
(Arrested Development narrator)

As for the PP that was on everyone.

needed a good RH shot - GM
net front presence - GM
Malkin not on the point (as @Ugene Magic has said) - Coach
Lots of good chances not buried - Players
If chances aren’t being buried then try new strategies - Coach

I get it you hate Sid,Geno & Tang being on this team. Weird but ok………
Dubas brought in EK, you had Sid, Geno, Jake and either Rust or RR. Add Letang if you want. IF they can't get it done, then the problem lies with them and not the coaching staff. That's plenty of skill and talent, particularly with the man advantage. And they tried multiple combinations with the man advantage, splitting up the core on different units. To act as if the coaching staff didn't is being intellectually dishonest. The players simply didn't execute well. Again, that's on the players!!!!!

I'm not gonna blame Kyle or Sullivan, the talent was there. Their ineffectual PP is sqauarely on the core. They couldn't get it done, it's that simple.

And I don't hate our core, but the product has gotten stale, and at this point in time they're doing more harm than good. The sooner everyone gets on board with turning the page the better, because this incarnation of the team is done winning. Some unfortunately haven't leaned to accept that.

Don't worry. Kyle got us that big second rounder back and all he had to do was take on a horrendous player so all is right with the world.
I'm not worried and what should he do, trade more draft picks just to miss the post season again? Accruing picks and prospects is the best course for the future. Stop being obtuse.

Last edited:

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
Looking at the roster, does anyone think they try to bring in another wing? Know we aren’t expecting much but seems to be the one grouping that is lacking competitive to the others.

How much cap space do we even have?

mephisto1812

Mar 28, 2013
Loyalty is important. It's quite a rare commodity nowadays.
I fully support this, as long as Clark knows what he's doing of course. Granted I haven't read enough, but at first glance, it appears that he does. I suppose I don't understand what there is to be upset about here, in any way shape or form.

Ulf5

Feb 21, 2017
Looking at the roster, does anyone think they try to bring in another wing? Know we aren’t expecting much but seems to be the one grouping that is lacking competitive to the others.

Puckpedia and Capfriendly both have the team currently at $3.524 million. Around $4.4×× million once Nieto goes on LTIR.
If Sid re-signs and takes more than his current $8.7 million hit, not much.

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
Puckpedia and Capfriendly both have the team currently at $3.524 million. Around $4.4×× million once Nieto goes on LTIR.
If Sid re-signs and takes more than his current $8.7 million hit, not much.

Sid still has this season at $8.7mil

Reactions: Freeptop and Andy99

Ulf5

Feb 21, 2017
200w.gif

Can't keep my different league contracts separated anymore. Or any leagues' contracts ha. Some extensions in one league might bring this year's cap hit down, might not. All so confusing.

Last edited:

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018

I think they will try to get another forward before training camp.

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
View attachment 893699
Can't keep my different league contracts separated anymore. Or any leagues' contracts ha. Some extensions in one league might bring this year's cap hit down, might not. All so confusing.

👍

With the NHL you can’t change contracts once signed.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Very true, so another year we'll be led by a guy who hasn't helped us to a post season series victory since 2018 and turns 37 soon.

#ShipGoingDown

I think they will try to get another forward before training camp.
Hopefully a cap dump to garner more draft picks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad