Salary Cap: Pens Summer Salary Thread: Dull days of August... Oooo! A trade!

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I mean I don’t get it…we’re at 23 contracts now and 13 forwards right now with Nieto on LTIR and that’s before adding Glass..we have zero room, ZERO, for Pono or Yager to make the team, even with a 9 game tryout…quite a few players will get waived…probably Poulin is one of them…seems silly…I hope there’s more trades coming

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
35 points in 72 games playing 14 minutes a night his first year in Nashville. Not bad at all. Wonder why the regression last year?

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Don't expect cap to be going back to Nashville. They're up against it with a couple RFAs left.

Question is what the Pens gave up and any additional sweetness from Nashville, plus the domino that follows from the Pens roster.

Pens are more likely to do a significant deal with the Flyers at this point than with Toronto.

Treliving doesn't have final say. Shanahan does.

I wonder if it was just Poulin or Pulju.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Glass has produced everywhere else except the NHL. Still kinda young I guess, though he’s pretty much on his last chance.

Reactions: canadianguy77

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
I mean I don’t get it…we’re at 23 contracts now and 13 forwards right now with Nieto on LTIR and that’s before adding Glass..we have zero room, ZERO, for Pono or Yager to make the team, even with a 9 game tryout…quite a few players will get waived…probably Poulin is one of them…seems silly…I hope there’s more trades coming
Yager was never making the team but yes our cup of bottom six guys seems to be running over.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
I have no idea what he's worth. But doesn't seem like someone we should give up assets for, albeit still youngish. Maybe Poulin? Or is that too much?
Gauthier is also expendable I think after signing Murashov.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I don’t know if it will be Eller or Acciari, but I’m pretty damn sure one of them won’t be here by the time the season starts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad