Salary Cap: Pens Summer Salary Thread: Dull days of August... Oooo! A trade!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
So Cody Glass is worth a UDFA that never panned out that mostly plays on the Nailers and negative two draft picks? Neat. His fall from top prospect status has obviously been um... steep.

This team is a giant bag of stupid anymore but I can't see much use in bellyaching about all that. His contract isn't even bad at 2.5M.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
So Cody Glass is worth a UDFA that never panned out that mostly plays on the Nailers and negative two draft picks? Neat. His fall from top prospect status has obviously been um... steep.

This team is a giant bag of stupid anymore but I can't see much use in bellyaching about all that. His contract isn't even bad at 2.5M.
imagine what it would cost to dump Graves :laugh:

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
So, we'll have THREE 3RD rounders and TWO 5th rounders in '25
TWO 2hd round picks and TWO 3rd rounders in '26
TWO 2hd rounders, TWO 4th rounders in '27

(In addition to out 1st rounders)

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
13 picks in the top 90 over the next 3 years? Not bad. It sucks that we’re pretty much punting on the next couple years though.

Last edited:

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
In a vacuum, getting Cody Glass, a 3rd, and a 6th for a ECHL level guy is a great deal. I do like his size and potential though.

My non-vacuum stance is that:
1. This is $2.5mil of our $3mil in space. I would have rather tried for someone like Robertson to use the remaining cap on.
2. This is another potential roadblock to prospects.
3. Recent performance is nothing to write home about however his 2022 season looked good.
4. We have: Eller, Acciari, Hayes, Lizotte, and now Glass as bottom 6 centers with others like Beauvillier, Puustinen, Poulin, Puljujarvi potentially needing spots. We have A LOT of clutter down there and quite honestly, I'm not sure of what combos are available that make us a better team.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Basically what they got by not using cap space to extend Guentzel and subsequently trading him:

- Bunting
- Brunicke
- Koivunen
- Lucius
- Kevin Hayes (extra year at ~3M and change)
- Cody Glass
- 2026 2nd (STL)
- 2025 3rd (STL)
- 2025 3rd (MIN)

It could all be nothing still but certainly looks like the correct move as of right now.

Rudy Russo

Mar 16, 2018
ZZYZX, California
Why? Glass is bad, I do think we'll get something for our troubles.

Awesome!
1723586132943.png

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
In a vacuum, getting Cody Glass, a 3rd, and a 6th for a ECHL level guy is a great deal. I do like his size and potential though.

My non-vacuum stance is that:
1. This is $2.5mil of our $3mil in space. I would have rather tried for someone like Robertson to use the remaining cap on.
2. This is another potential roadblock to prospects.
3. Recent performance is nothing to write home about however his 2022 season looked good.
4. We have: Eller, Acciari, Hayes, Lizotte, and now Glass as bottom 6 centers with others like Beauvillier, Puustinen, Poulin, Puljujarvi potentially needing spots. We have A LOT of clutter down there and quite honestly, I'm not sure of what combos are available that make us a better team.
Have a feeling Eller, Poulin and maybe Acciari will be traded

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Basically what they got by not using cap space to extend Guentzel and subsequently trading him:

- Bunting
- Brunicke
- Koivunen
- Lucius
- Cody Glass
- 2026 2nd (STL)
- 2025 3rd (STL)
- 2025 3rd (MIN)

It could all be nothing still but certainly looks like the correct move as of right now.
Bunting fit in really well. Kunitz like fit in our top 6.

I love the Glass trade. Even if he only tops out as a 3rd line center its an excellent trade for us. I am liking these low risk high reward trades.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Have a feeling Eller, Poulin and maybe Acciari will be traded
God I hope so. I'd be okay keep Poulin though. Eller and Acciari are just roster wastes at this point unless KD has more tricks up his sleeves.

DOC-Sid-Rust
Bunting-Geno-Rakell
Beauvillier-Glass-Puustinen
Lizotte-Hayes-Puljujarvi

Is something I could live with though.

Reactions: pensfan71

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017

- Bunting
- Brunicke
- Koivunen
- Lucius
- Cody Glass
- 2026 2nd (STL)
- 2025 3rd (STL)
- 2025 3rd (MIN)

Pono as well, who's the closest to making the team this year.

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
God I hope so. I'd be okay keep Poulin though. Eller and Acciari are just roster wastes at this point unless KD has more tricks up his sleeves.

DOC-Sid-Rust
Bunting-Geno-Rakell
Beauvillier-Glass-Puustinen
Lizotte-Hayes-Puljujarvi

Is something I could live with though.
This is my ideal lineup

Eller can probably fetch another 3rd, I really don't care about Acciari

LiffLaff

Crazy? Me?
Feb 22, 2010
Vardal
Havent checked in for a while, but glad I did today, seems like a really good deal to me. Even if Glass hasnt lived up to his draft position, he should still be better than most guys drafted in the third and sixt round.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad