Salary Cap: Pens Summer Salary Thread: Dull days of August... Oooo! A trade!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
The goal isn’t to get good depth players anymore. It’s to get picks from other teams who signed crappy depth players.

As distasteful as it is to try to pretend like I give a f*** about 2nd and 3rd round picks like two seasons from now... it's probably better than signing the next Brock McGinn to like 3+ million a year for five years or whatever zany nonsense this team has been doing for years with it's bottom six.

EDIT: Also yeah... can they just cancel training camp and preseason this year? What's the point? Maybe avoid an injury or two that way.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

I don't really see much of a reason to offersheet Robertson at this point. The team is clearly rebuilding with the moves they've done so far, so losing a pick (even if it's just a 3rd) to add Robertson doesn't really mesh with what the team is doing. And this is coming from someone who was all for trading picks for Robertson earlier in the off-season.

Also from a value consideration, you probably want to pump up O'Connor's value and then sell him at the deadline next year. Bumping him to L3 for Robertson wouldn't do that.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
So the Pens traded for Cody Ass.

He f***ing sucks. But he is a Sullivan type to a T.

Pittsburgh Penguins - All your trash are belong to us.

That’s how all this reads to me too lol…

It's obvious they weren't trying to be good the moment Sullivan got zero flack for another failed season.

At this point Crosby would be a f***ing moron to re-sign. Sid, go be free and happy with a team that isn't run by f***ing morons mate. It'll allow the team to also move the others that deserve to be on better teams.

Danny is one of the very very few that calls this team out. A good bloke.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
So the Pens traded for Cody Ass.

He f***ing sucks. But he is a Sullivan type to a T.

Pittsburgh Penguins - All your trash are belong to us.

It's obvious they weren't trying to be good the moment Sullivan got zero flack for another failed season.

At this point Crosby would be a f***ing moron to re-sign. Sid, go be free and happy with a team that isn't run by f***ing morons mate. It'll allow the team to also move the others that deserve to be on better teams.

Danny is one of the very very few that calls this team out. A good bloke.
We just need to bottom out by next season…
#LosingforMcKenna

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I don't really see much of a reason to offersheet Robertson at this point. The team is clearly rebuilding with the moves they've done so far, so losing a pick (even if it's just a 3rd) to add Robertson doesn't really mesh with what the team is doing. And this is coming from someone who was all for trading picks for Robertson earlier in the off-season.

Also from a value consideration, you probably want to pump up O'Connor's value and then sell him at the deadline next year. Bumping him to L3 for Robertson wouldn't do that.

you can turn Robertson into better picks and still hopefully be competitive.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Dubas is literally on record saying this team is starting a rebuild yet people act all surprised Pikachu when the Penguins make rebuilding moves :laugh:

Ulf5

Feb 21, 2017
With what cap space though?

Any team that has the cap space to take a guy like Acciari and/or Eller also have the ability to offer sheet or trade for Robertson.
According to puckpedia, they still have $1,049,233 in space counting 14 forwards.

Johnny Rifle

Pittsburgh Penguins
Apr 7, 2018
Hampton, VA

This team is more than a Robertson away from seriously competing for a Cup, but I don’t think that removing DOC from Sid’s line is going to affect his trade value enough to justify not getting a decent player.

Besides, Crosby and Malkin are too proud to allow us to suck enough to get any decent first round pick. Rebuilding and being competitive are not necessarily disparate outcomes, why not do both, load up on draft picks and use cheap homegrown prospects when you can and perhaps by the trade deadline the decision what to do becomes more difficult.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Wow love that Glass trade. Hope they can dump Eller and Acciari and alleviate the log jam in the bottom-6

The Great Mighty Poo

I don't like you either.
Feb 21, 2020
We just need to bottom out by next season…
#LosingforMcKenna

Catching up with former Penguin — and current constable — Steve McKenna |  Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
This team is more than a Robertson away from seriously competing for a Cup, but I don’t think that removing DOC from Sid’s line is going to affect his trade value enough to justify not getting a decent player.

Besides, Crosby and Malkin are too proud to allow us to suck enough to get any decent first round pick. Rebuilding and being competitive are not necessarily disparate outcomes, why not do both, load up on draft picks and use cheap homegrown prospects when you can and perhaps by the trade deadline the decision what to do becomes more difficult.

They'd get dramatically more for O'Connor as a rental if he has 35 points in 55 games while playing with Crosby at the deadline versus 20 points in 55 games while playing on the 3rd line at the deadline.

O'Connor is a UFA after next year.

Johnny Rifle

Pittsburgh Penguins
Apr 7, 2018
Hampton, VA
They'd get dramatically more for O'Connor as a rental if he has 35 points in 55 games while playing with Crosby at the deadline versus 20 points in 55 games while playing on the 3rd line at the deadline.

O'Connor is a UFA after next year.

I give more credit to general managers than you do, any idiot knows that any skater playing with Crosby is going to get more points than playing with Kevin Hayes or Cody Glass.

Then again, we employed Rox Hextall for two years. Forget everything I just said.

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
Given all the mid rosters they will stay competitive for a playoff spot, just miss or just make it, like the last couple years.

Gives them an out for trying to win while Sid’s here, while in reality we’re rebuilding without saying it.

The problem is without a proper tank and some top 5 talents it will be hard to ever really compete for a cup in the future. Kind of feels like we’re heading towards some tough times.

Reactions: Andy99

The Great Mighty Poo

I don't like you either.
Feb 21, 2020
Dooby Dooby Dubas getting his f*** on 'that's the f*** he's doing, Doot, Doot, Doot.
Michael P.S. Hayes has entered the chat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad