What would you give up for Zegras OR Kaprizov?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Indrid Cold

Oct 24, 2022
Two names who keep popping up in HFBoard trade speculation (for what that's worth)... But, what would you give up, if interested? Obviously Kap would be much more expensive.

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
No interest in Zegras. Kaprizov would cost a huge amount but would love him in Detroit. Not sure it's the best fit with Kane and Debrincat already on the roster but he has that level of skill you find a way to make it work.

Reactions: PelagicJoe

PelagicJoe

Mar 20, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I'd definitely give up some picks and any prospects not named ASP or Edvinsson for Kaprizov. We could use a scoring winger like no one's business. We'd have a legit top 6 for once if it happens.
Kap-Larkin-Raymond
Cat-Compher-Kane

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
Berggren, AlJo, Mazur, 25 2nd and 26 2nd for Zegras. The 25th 2nd rounder would be a conditional 1st if Zegras plays 70 games and/or records 60+ points.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
I’m not that high on Zegras. Seems like there’s a bit of Jonathan Drouin to his game. He can put up points when healthy but is not willing defensively. And how much more production is he going to have? I don’t see him becoming a regular PPG performer.

Kaprizov? Gimme. No Cossa, Ed, Kasper, Danielson or MBN. Any other prospect or pick is available.

Baaaaaaaaaaaaah

Sponsor
Aug 16, 2015
I would give up one of Kasper, Sandin-Pellika, Nygard, 2025 1st (top 5 protected), or 2026 1st. I would not want to give up Nate or Ed.

Zegras is way better than the rhetoric on these forms. Elite vision, possession, entries. Who cares if his D is weak.

Reactions: Ed Ned and Leddy

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Red Wings trade LHD Ollie Maata, F Michael Rasmussen, RHD Axel Sandin-Pellikka, RFA Jonatan Berggren, and Red Wings 1st round pick and another conditional 2027 1st round pick if he resigns.

Ducks trade F Kirill Kaprizov. (Adds 2.8 million.)

100 point players do not grow on trees. There are enough supplemental players to make up for depth. Depends on cost. Many teams will want him.

Adding Kaprizov, imo, makes the Red Wings heavy favorites for a playoff appearance, with chance to make noise in the future or even this year with a brilliant TDL move.

Idk if I'm super interested in the cost of Zegras, I think he'll be good, but he's not Kaprizov good.

Reactions: PelagicJoe

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
You sell the farm for Kaprizov. He'd be the first legitimate superstar forward in Detroit in over a decade.

But there's zero indication he's on the block other than speculation that he wants $15 million a year on a contract extension and the Wild are in cap purgatory. Oh right, and you'd have to want to pay Kaprizov close to $15 million a year so start thinking about those cap gymnastics in a few years. Kaprizov has played contract hardball every step of the way with Minnesota so I don't see Yzerman suddenly getting him to buy in on a team friendly deal on a roster that's sitting on the playoff bubble.

We're about a year early on the Kaprizov rumors. If he's not signed to an extension going into next season, that's when Guerin has to seriously consider shopping his star and the offers will be substantial. Looking at a Matthew Tkachuk level return here so get ready to offer up legitimate roster pieces, not magic beans and unproven prospects. Think Lucas Raymond, potentially.

Zegras is a change of scenery pickup and I have serious doubts he fits Yzerman's gameplan prototype for his forwards.

Euro Twins

Healthy Scratch
Mar 19, 2016
Our need is currently more for a center than a winger as good as kaprizov is. I'd make a trade for Trevor "Michigan" Zegras. A first round pick and Berger but I wouldn't want to give up a roster player like rayzor or else it's a bad deal for us.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I'd definitely give up some picks and any prospects not named ASP or Edvinsson for Kaprizov. We could use a scoring winger like no one's business. We'd have a legit top 6 for once if it happens.
Kap-Larkin-Raymond
Cat-Compher-Kane
Raymond, Tarasenko and Cat are excellent shooters, id rather get top defansman

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
Our need is currently more for a center than a winger as good as kaprizov is. I'd make a trade for Trevor "Michigan" Zegras. A first round pick and Berger but I wouldn't want to give up a roster player like rayzor or else it's a bad deal for us.

Zegras is a winger in the NHL. Not a center. Also, center isn’t a weakness in the pipeline. This team needs a RD for the next 3-5 seasons to give Mo some relief until ASPis ready.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
I’m not that high on Zegras. Seems like there’s a bit of Jonathan Drouin to his game. He can put up points when healthy but is not willing defensively. And how much more production is he going to have? I don’t see him becoming a regular PPG performer.

Kaprizov? Gimme. No Cossa, Ed, Kasper, Danielson or MBN. Any other prospect or pick is available.
So we're not getting Kaprizov then.
I cannot see how Minnesota would turn down an offer that wouldn't include our best prospects. Like come on man.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad