OT: The Other Sports Thread Part X

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Old saying goes all prevent defense does is prevent you from winning. We see the same thing in hockey.

I'm guessing with all of the analytics if it didn't work most of the time they would stop doing it. Although I noticed in the Memphis-Florida State game Saturday that Memphis went into it and started giving up yards and then mid stream they went back to blitzing. One of the first coaches I've seen be willing to do that rather than ride a prevent right into a loss.
Good call on hockey as well.

Probably analytics. Coaches love to overthink. Guess why they make the $$. To me, if your D has worked to keep you in the game, why go through such a radical scheme change??

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN

Aw, Boban is playing in Europe. :(
We pay additional taxes on our Preds tickets for improvements. It's only $2/ticket but we have a lot more games! It works out to around the same amount per year for a FSTH. I don't have a problem with that, particularly when the need for the fee is spelled out. We pay for arena improvements, they pay for the additional cost of retaining quality players. Go Big Orange! Better by ticket fees than boosters. ;-)

In 1976, when I began at UTK, we had to pay $25/quarter for sports tickets (lacrosse to football), health access, and entry to certain concerts and speeches put on by the university. (5% of our $500 total tuition/room/board cost, ha!) Not sure if any other fees were imposed for box office or STH but wouldn't surprise me. They've nickeled and dimed people for a LONG time!

Reactions: Ben Grimm

Ben Grimm

It's clobberin time!🥊
Dec 10, 2007
ATL

Ben Grimm

It's clobberin time!🥊
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
He was the right pick at the time, it was what they gave to move up that's questionable.
"Young (18 games): 59.3% completion percentage, 3,122 yards, 11 TD, 13 INT, 70.9 passer rating

In Pro Football Reference's approximate value metric, Young and Russell are tied for the lowest score among all No. 1 overall picks at six each. Ki-Jana Carter was 12. Steve Emtman was 14. Travon Walker hasn't been great, but in his third season he's at 14". Bryce Young already ranks among worst No. 1 NFL Draft picks ever, but has time to change his story

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
"Two-time Super Bowl MVP Eli Manning, former Defensive Players of the Year Luke Kuechly and Terrell Suggs, and postseason kicking hero Adam Vinatieri are among the first-time nominees for the Pro Football Hall of Fame's Class of 2025. The Hall announced 167 modern era candidates for the class Wednesday that included 16 players nominated for the first time, including two-time All-Pro guard Marshal Yanda". Eli Manning headlines 16 1st-time HOF nominees

Who's Hall worthy?
Based on his career stats Eli shouldn't sniff the Hall. but those Super Bowls including taking down the undefeated Pats and the Manning name may let him sneak in at some point.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Agreed. He did it twice. He (117-117) and Joe "Panty Hose" Namath (62-63-4) are fun, but they only won roughly half their games.
Honestly, my 90 year old mother would fight you over Broadway Joe. She hasn't had too many crushes since I've been around but he was definitely one. He could be in the running for pretty much anything and he's her pick.

Reactions: Ben Grimm

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad