Salary Cap: Pens Summer Salary Thread: Dull days of August... Oooo! A trade!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
He's wants playing time. Winnipeg is telling him to be patient.

To us is odd because I'm not sure we can guarantee anything more than Winnipeg can. But I am more than willing to make room.

A pick, Pono, hell even Koivunen could all be in play. I assume one of Hayes, Eller, Acciari are going.
I'm guess a 2nd, Eller, Poulin and maybe something else

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

To us is odd because I'm not sure we can guarantee anything more than Winnipeg can. But I am more than willing to make room.

A pick, Pono, hell even Koivunen could all be in play. I assume one of Hayes, Eller, Acciari are going.
Yeah, it's a little odd he'd be okay with a trade to Pittsburgh if that's the case, given Sullivan's usage (or non-usage) of youngsters.

Reactions: Andy99

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I always saw him as a center but it says he plays LW too. This could be Sid's new LW. Could also mean a guy like DOC is going back. DOC + 2nd or 3rd isn't the worst return for Winnipeg.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA

Do you have any insight on his game? From the one tweet I’m envisioning someone that’s a younger, better version of Bunting

Last edited:

Lust for Life

Jun 30, 2018
I always saw him as a center but it says he plays LW too. This could be Sid's new LW. Could also mean a guy like DOC is going back. DOC + 2nd or 3rd isn't the worst return for Winnipeg.
Have a feeling we gave up something bigger than that, but we'll see when the details finally hit.
Good on Dubas for finally doing something semi-big, we'll see if it turns out to be good or bad. :D

Reactions: hn777

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I’d be completely happy with a lottery protected 1st for McGroaty. McGroaty is likely a better prospect than anyone you’d be picking around 12th overall, you just need to lottery protect the pick so it’s not like 1st or 2nd overall.

Reactions: Jacob and SEALBound

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Have a feeling we gave up something bigger than that, but we'll see when the details finally hit.
Good on Dubas for finally doing something semi-big, we'll see if it turns out to be good or bad. :D
I HIGHLY doubt they are giving up Yager or their 1sts. So unless Dubas unloads every prospect and pick we have, we win the trade because we are getting the better prospect. You HOPE your picks become what he is.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
pls not a 1st round pick. but a 2nd/3rd and maybe pickjering/koivunen etc would be ok

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
He works his a$$ off so I can kind of see that. He plays hard, has some solid skill
I would say he has more skill than Bunting for sure. He's also slightly bigger. The more I think, the more I am convinced he's Sid's new LW. His style is VERY much in line with what has been successful with Sid in the past.

Reactions: EVGENIMERLIN

Dennis Reynolds

I have to have my tools!
Jun 10, 2011
Paddy's Pub
re: McGroarty. I still hate his stupid name, but I love the player. Waiting to hear what we paid, tho...

re: Knyzhov. Dude was tremendous for the Sharks a few years ago, then injuries REALLY f***ed up his development path. Great to at least take a flier on him.

Reactions: EVGENIMERLIN

Dennis Reynolds

I have to have my tools!
Jun 10, 2011
Paddy's Pub
There had better be multiple forwards going back the other way. If we simply add McGroarty and include Yager, by my count, that's 23 forwards trying to make a 14-man group.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad