Salary Cap: Pens Salary Cap Thread: If we score 6 we win, its science!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
More like time for Danton Heinen to get force fed top six minutes.
They could try Kapanen on l2 RW and Rust on l2 LW. Or Kapanen l2 LW.

I don't think Rust or Kapanen are very comfortable on LW though so it's most likely Heinen there.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Doubt we see that.
Probably not. It's a shame that Guentzel-Crosby-Rust isn't working this year because Rakell can play LW and it would be trivial to slide him over to Malkin's LW and put Kapanen on that line. That'd probably be better than whatever Heinen could give us, IF GCR would work (which we know it hasn't).

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I don't have a huge issue with the Penguins not calling up Smith, but I feel like this is a prime opportunity to call him up with Petry presumably missing for a while. If Petry has a broken wrist, that's probably a 6-12 week recovery time, so that's going to be a while. Giving Smith a look during that window seems like an obvious decision, but I understand Sullivan won't want to play Smith on his off-side over Ruhwedel.

Smith is a Penguin, now. Despite having 100+ NHL games to his name (many of them fairly exceptional for his age) he will require "seasoning" in the AHL until he's 30 and therefore of appropriate age to get a shot at the geriatric club.

Also super shocking re: Zucker.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Probably not. It's a shame that Guentzel-Crosby-Rust isn't working this year because Rakell can play LW and it would be trivial to slide him over to Malkin's LW and put Kapanen on that line. That'd probably be better than whatever Heinen could give us, IF GCR would work (which we know it hasn't).

Gross. take it back before Sullivan gets this idea.

• Haha
Reactions: Pancakes

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I'm gonna try to be as optimistic as possible for Heinen on L2. He and Malkin have shown some decent play before. Um... granted... all the way up to actually putting the puck in the net. But hell L2 must be kinda used to that by now.

Reactions: Andy99

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I'm gonna try to be as optimistic as possible for Heinen on L2. He and Malkin have shown some decent play before. Um... granted... all the way up to actually putting the puck in the net. But hell L2 must be kinda used to that by now.

We haven’t see Heinen with Rust before. I could see it potentially working out, but not really holding my breath.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
We haven’t see Heinen with Rust before. I could see it potentially working out, but not really holding my breath.

Yeah I mean... I think it's going to suck ass but like I said I'm trying to be optimistic. This is as good as that gets... me being optimistic, I mean.

Incoming:

Geuntzel - Crosby - Rust
Rakell - Malkin - Kapanen

Sullivan has his chance to reunite GCRu! He's not going to pass it up!

This seems somewhat likely TBH. Though the team seems reluctant to put Raks on LW at times.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I think Rakell-Geno-Kap might be decent if Kap keeps playing this simple, straight forward game.

Hate GCRust though. Bleh.

Heinen/Malkin/Kap was more than passable in the playoffs, especially as an emergency option everyone expected to crater. One would think Raks in place of Heinen would be even better. But regular season Malkin and playoff Malkin are different beasts, too.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Heinen/Malkin/Kap was more than passable in the playoffs, especially as an emergency option everyone expected to crater. One would think Raks in place of Heinen would be even better. But regular season Malkin and playoff Malkin are different beasts, too.
I still can't figure out whether you revile or you love Geno. :laugh:

Yeah, it's gonna be a blast trying to sort out a working 2nd line. Just as Rust was coming to life, the guy who does all the work for that line goes down--but we all expected that anyway. :laugh:

Reactions: Gurglesons
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad