Salary Cap: Pens Salary and Signing thread: Dr StrangeDubas or How We Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Karlsson Watch

Do you want EK here?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
What about Zucker-Malkin-Rust and Zucker-Malkin-Rakell?

Bit more time for the former, former noticeably better as they scored the same but the latter was very leaky defensively. Which iirc was a problem for any Rakell line second half of the season.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
I'm not a morning person and I don't want to talk with anyone in my house, let alone fiddling with food. So weekdays when I work, I don't eat breakfast period (I'm not that hungry). If it's the weekend, I do some toast and/or a bowl of fruit loops

Reactions: Tasty Biscuits

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Based on the calorie counts of the breakfasts being thrown around in here, I bet that a majority of the people on here are overweight :laugh:

Hey I just said what I PREFER for breakfast. The actual reality of the situation is that 9/10 times I'm usually rolling out of bed at the last possible second while attempting to dump half a gallon of coffee down my gullet.

Reactions: Peat

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
C'mon, there's only 1 breakfast choice time permitting. Real fried potatoes with peppers and onions- the circles that take forever to get deep golden brown and crispy. Handful of eggs over medium with white toast extra butter, at least 4-6 slices. Sides of corn beef hash, sausage and bacon.
Edit- however, normal breakfast is a pot of coffee and 1/2 pack of cigarettes lololol
I'm a huevos rancheros man. Two corn tortillas, two eggs sunny side up, black beans, sliced avocado, salsa, queso fresco. The spicy salsa is a nice stimulant on top of caffeine.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Hey I just said what I PREFER for breakfast. The actual reality of the situation is that 9/10 times I'm usually rolling out of bed at the last possible second while attempting to dump half a gallon of coffee down my gullet.

Yeah 99% of the work week I’m scrambling to make a 4 shot latte with whole milk before I sprint to the train. Then I ride that caffeine into lunch. Sometimes dinner.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Bit more time for the former, former noticeably better as they scored the same but the latter was very leaky defensively. Which iirc was a problem for any Rakell line second half of the season.
So he made L2 worse to not improve L1. Seems like a legitimate gripe to me.

....though I suppose you could get really granular with it and look at what the lines were doing at the time he made the switch, but I hope for their own sake that nobody here has the time or patience to do that.

Reactions: Andy99

BigEezyE22

Continuing to not support HF.
Feb 2, 2007
Jersey
9vsme8hn9tg21.jpg
You had me at "meat tornado."

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
So he made L2 worse to not improve L1. Seems like a legitimate gripe to me.

....though I suppose you could get really granular with it and look at what the lines were doing at the time he made the switch, but I hope for their own sake that nobody here has the time or patience to do that.

I didn't care so much that Rust and Raks would get flipped here and there. I cared that it seemed to be one of like maybe three go-to moves all season.

I don't claim to know for sure how much more tweaking would have fixed. Only that you'll never know if you don't try and the staff's energy levels and willingness to try in general this past year seemed to be at all time lows.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Turned off my phone and headed out to the lake for a long weekend and this shit is still stalled huh?

Also breakfast breads are all kinda bad. You can tell because of the sheer amount of sugar slop people have to pour on them to make them edible. Make an omelet and your choice of breakfast meats and wash it all down with an eye opener like a real adult.
BlindWilly having breakfast in his natural environment:

I do enjoy eggs though. A good omelet slaps. I'm pretty big on most all breakfast foods tbh.

Headshot77

Bad Photoshopper
Feb 15, 2015
The biggest issue still remains, what happens when there is an injury in the top 6? The bottom 6 is constructed to "shut down" okay...we'll see about that. Matt Nieto can't fill Jake Guentzel's role if he's out for 3 weeks. Granlund is that type of player, but it's still possible he isn't on the final roster. Do we really think Mike Sullivan is going to call up a Puusinen type and just let him do his thing on the top lines?
Easy answer: we struggle because we don't have top 6 depth.

At least we have a full top 6 and an okay bottom 6. When full healthy.

DRAGO 18

Jan 17, 2006
Pittsburgh
Not very much new here, just more speculation. Seems as if its a staredown and the deal isn't dead in the water.

"As for Karlsson, all is quiet at the moment. I can tell you the Penguins are still very interested. Something could happen quickly, or this could drag on all summer. Dubas has identified Karlsson as the kind of difference-maker who can transform the Penguins into a factor in the East. Anyone who watched last season realizes this team needs a spark. The additions Dubas made this summer will make them moderately better, but if you’re going all-in to be a contender, you get Karlsson. Dubas knows it."

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
BlindWilly having breakfast in his natural environment:

I do enjoy eggs though. A good omelet slaps. I'm pretty big on most all breakfast foods tbh.

I prefer manmosas or a good bloody mary with tons of rando shit sticking out of the top.

But yes. Not entirely inaccurate. Although I can't claim to be quite as cool as anything associated with The Wire.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I prefer manmosas or a good bloody mary with tons of rando shit sticking out of the top.

But yes. Not entirely inaccurate. Although I can't claim to be quite as cool as anything associated with The Wire.
A good mimosa is great.

Sometimes I enjoy Micheladas. Have to be in the mood but they can be good.

Season 5 would be better off forgot.
I still think it's good but it's definitely the weakest one by far.

Not very much new here, just more speculation. Seems as if its a staredown and the deal isn't dead in the water.

"As for Karlsson, all is quiet at the moment. I can tell you the Penguins are still very interested. Something could happen quickly, or this could drag on all summer. Dubas has identified Karlsson as the kind of difference-maker who can transform the Penguins into a factor in the East. Anyone who watched last season realizes this team needs a spark. The additions Dubas made this summer will make them moderately better, but if you’re going all-in to be a contender, you get Karlsson. Dubas knows it."

The Josh Yohe/Rob Rossi school of reporting. "Something might happen, or it might not. Tune in next week for my next article."

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Re: Pancakes vs. Waffles vs. French Toast....

These are for children and, in certain instances, tourists. If you are making it for your kids and have some, fine, have it. If you make this for yourself or order it at a restaurant, I'm judging you very hard.

Breakfast, if you must have a breakfast is breakfast meats, eggs, and potatoes. Roll it up in a burrito if you want. Add a piece of toast or a piece of fruit if you must, but if you put syrup on it, it's a meal for a child.

Re: The Wire

Season 5 felt rushed and is by far the weakest. The other 4 are equally great for different reasons.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
A good mimosa is great.

Sometimes I enjoy Micheladas. Have to be in the mood but they can be good.

I like a regular mimosa if I'm feeling a bit pinky-in-the-air but champs always has a tendency to hang me bad. Wine too for that matter.

I didn't get Micheladas for a while. But I'm starting to warm up to them. I hated sours for a while too but my buddy brought some Sea Quench to the lake and it really hit the spot for some reason so I'm reconsidering.

Reactions: Pancakes

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013

Aw shit.

I agree with Yohe.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Re: Pancakes vs. Waffles vs. French Toast....

These are for children and, in certain instances, tourists. If you are making it for your kids and have some, fine, have it. If you make this for yourself or order it at a restaurant, I'm judging you very hard.

Breakfast, if you must have a breakfast is breakfast meats, eggs, and potatoes. Roll it up in a burrito if you want. Add a piece of toast or a piece of fruit if you must, but if you put syrup on it, it's a meal for a child.

Re: The Wire

Season 5 felt rushed and is by far the weakest. The other 4 are equally great for different reasons.
me irl right now reading this post:

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I use Optimum Nutrition Double Chocolate. Don't see why not, I use Fairlife. It's a thick liquid, like melted milkshake.
Im just saying, i've tested a million things to make a healthier cookie dough that is protein packed. Haven't found the perfect consistency yet so i'll be attacking this for sure.

Breakfast is the worst meal easily.

Amen. My go-to for breakfast

- Grilled chicken & rice (i usually eat this abou 3-4 times a week)
- Lean grass fed/through ground meat, eggs, & sour cream in a bowl.

Protein protein protein. Let's go.

Reactions: CheckingLineCenter
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad