Salary Cap: Pens Salary and Signing thread: Dr StrangeDubas or How We Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Karlsson Watch

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Do you want EK here?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
When I'm at home it's usually cereal or a bagel + yogurt. Occasionally a waffle or eggs.

Contrary to my name I don't usually make myself pancakes. Too lazy most of the time. I'll order them if I go out to a nice breakfast place though. Or drive to my mom's and badger her to do it :laugh:

Freeptop

Jun 17, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Here's the recipe for the absolute best breakfast I've ever eaten:
1. Go on a 9 mile hike through the rain carrying a heavy backpack.
2. Setup a tent after the hike.
3. Sleep in the tent.
4. Wake up and make some hot food in the morning.

Absolute best tasting meal I've ever had, and nothing else will ever compare!

(Just don't ask how the exact same food tasted when eaten while dry and warm at home...)

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
3. Sleep in the tent.

(Just don't ask how the exact same food tasted when eaten while dry and warm at home...)
it was the smoke flavor. :laugh:

Reactions: BigEezyE22

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I used to supplement standard meals with copious amounts of ultra-chunky peanut butter. I used to eat about two jars a week. Peanut butter was a great way to keep calories up.

I remember salty bananas being a favorite lunchtime snack when it was hot out. Salted watermelon too.

images

Fiji Water

Jan 16, 2004
2 servings of nonfat plain Greek yogurt with slices of yellow mango. Simple, tasty, lots of protein and only 350 calories

Reactions: Andy99

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
3. Sleep in the tent.

THkNEX.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Freeptop

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
So he made L2 worse to not improve L1. Seems like a legitimate gripe to me.

....though I suppose you could get really granular with it and look at what the lines were doing at the time he made the switch, but I hope for their own sake that nobody here has the time or patience to do that.

Oh I already looked earlier, but can't remember details and am on my phone so don't want to dig. Iirc Rakell dragged more than Rust both lines second half of the season which is when most of the switch happened, but I'm not sure.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Amen. My go-to for breakfast

- Grilled chicken & rice (i usually eat this abou 3-4 times a week)
- Lean grass fed/through ground meat, eggs, & sour cream in a bowl.

Protein protein protein. Let's go.

Love it but why do you drink almond milk? Gotta get you on the whole milk train

Rave7215

Mar 12, 2010
I've definitely become far more of an "eggs and protein" kind of breakfast chap. Now that I'm old I've been trying to watch the ole figure and most morning carbs or syrup anything does not fit in with that ethos.

My "I don't have time for this shit" breakfast option is typically coffee and hope.
I love carbs. But as I've gotten older, I've realized cards do not love me back. I'll always advocate for French Toast in an ideal world. However, my daily breakfast is black coffee and a protein shake. So it's really just me dreaming of better food days

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Hey I just said what I PREFER for breakfast. The actual reality of the situation is that 9/10 times I'm usually rolling out of bed at the last possible second while attempting to dump half a gallon of coffee down my gullet.

My breakfast is just drinking a bunch of Coke Zeros to get the caffeine from a cup of coffee :laugh:

I'm 100% getting cancer from drinking diet soda in the future.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
My breakfast is just drinking a bunch of Coke Zeros to get the caffeine from a cup of coffee :laugh:

I guess it's cancer from whatever weird-ass industrial byproduct aspartame and Ace-K actually are or adult onset diabetes from the metric f***ton of real sugar that's in "real" Coke, eh?

I'm glad I kicked soda years ago. Although sometimes I get weird cravings for an ice cold can of full powered Coke.

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
I guess it's cancer from whatever weird-ass industrial byproduct aspartame and Ace-K actually are or adult onset diabetes from the metric f***ton of real sugar that's in "real" Coke, eh?

I'm glad I kicked soda years ago. Although sometimes I get weird cravings for an ice cold can of full powered Coke.

You have to really try to get "real" sugar in any soda.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011

I drink too much coke zero but I can't really drink one in the morning. I wake up too dehydrated. Gotta pound waters or gatorades for a bit before I get into the cokes lol

I have a water dispenser at my house and I highly recommend that. I get the water delivered. It costs a little bit but I much prefer the taste to that of tap water, and it's got a hot water filter too in case I want to do tea or whatever.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
You have to really try to get "real" sugar in any soda.

Well yeah. Actual cane sugar seems more or less is restricted to Mexican bottled Coke and these random limited runs they do.

HFCS is such the standard now (sadly IMO) that I just kinda conflate the two in my mind.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Those Liquid IV mix pouches are a godsend these days. When I run now, my black shirt comes in cakes in white salt stains. I don't think I've had a gatorade in years. Certainly no soda in...a decade, maybe? Sans stuff used in cocktail mixes. But in terms of "buy a coke"...yeah, about a decade.

If I get cancer it will be microplastic related because I love taking empty juice bottles and using them as large water bottles. Just fill up with water and chug when needed.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Those Liquid IV mix pouches are a godsend these days. When I run now, my black shirt comes in cakes in white salt stains. I don't think I've had a gatorade in years. Certainly no soda in...a decade, maybe? Sans stuff used in cocktail mixes. But in terms of "buy a coke"...yeah, about a decade.

If I get cancer it will be microplastic related because I love taking empty juice bottles and using them as large water bottles. Just fill up with water and chug when needed.

I inhaled Gatorade when I had some GI issues a few years ago and freaking love it. Probably a Gatorade zero per day. And I use the empties as water bottles

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I inhaled Gatorade when I had some GI issues a few years ago and freaking love it. Probably a Gatorade zero per day. And I use the empties as water bottles
The Zeros are probably better than nothing. The original stuff is loaded with sugar. Yeah, it has some electrolytes but the amount of sugar quickly begins to counterbalance the goodness of the electrolytes. If I had a nickel for every 50/50 Gat/Water split I've had though...

Course the Navy, in all their wisdom and goodness, used to just have these packs of hydration salts they would load up into the water coolers. So you come in from a hot day or workout or water and all you want is a nice cold cup of water...and all you get is lukewarm salt water. I remember crying once.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
The Zeros are probably better than nothing. The original stuff is loaded with sugar. Yeah, it has some electrolytes but the amount of sugar quickly begins to counterbalance the goodness of the electrolytes. If I had a nickel for every 50/50 Gat/Water split I've had though...

Course the Navy, in all their wisdom and goodness, used to just have these packs of hydration salts they would load up into the water coolers. So you come in from a hot day or workout or water and all you want is a nice cold cup of water...and all you get is lukewarm salt water. I remember crying once.

Oh for sure. Growing upy parents only sprung for "All Sport" and I was really jealous of the kids with glacier freeze Gatorade at soccer practice. Like 350 calories in one of those bad boys.

Alcohol is pretty much the only way I drink calories

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

The Liquid IV has a ton of sugar in it too from what I remember. I use Ultima for that reason.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004

Well you couldn't have been THAT dehydrated, then.

...is probably what your CO said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad