Salary Cap: Pens Off Season Thread: Pre Free Agency Shenanigans!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Geekie was allegedly available at the draft.

We can likely afford him I don't see him getting past 3.5 mil. Probably more likely 2 - 2.75.
I’d love to have him. He’s ready for 3C duties and still has plenty of upside. He’d be a massive upgrade over JC.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Unless they truly believe Granlund is an important piece of whatever roster they're envisioning going forward.

If that's the case, then Dubas better have assurances from Sullivan that he'll stop using Granlund as our Jordan Staal on the third line and actually use him as an offensive weapon.
I struggle to imagine a situation where that doesn’t play out exactly as we think it will.
But the other aspect of that was to only come back on RARE occasions. Say once a year for example?
Hmmm, I don’t think so. Meemaw loves having me around and you’re really only my step grandpa anyway.

Re: Poehling

If Poehling has a legit health issue that’s one thing. But I guess I’m pretty wary of this team’s track record of announcing unproven medical conditions through the local media when they just don’t like the player. :laugh:

Like always, I don’t mind being proven wrong.

Reactions: Ryder71

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
yup. love how Sullivan said Dubas is great because of transparency.. but also said Hexytall and him met everyday...

Sully wanted Granlund as much as Hextall... gotta have veteran centers man, they are the only ones you can trust.

If talking to someone everyday was proof of transparency and good communication, this place would be utterly different.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

White was another guy I thought was a good 4RW option.

After seeing all of the guys who were not qualified, I'm hoping that Dubas hands out at least 1 or 2 multi-year deals to these young guys to fill prominent bottom-6 roles. They have literally nothing coming up in the system, so to get a 25 year old McLeod or Geekie to a 3-4 year deal (ideally both tbh, I'd be happy with letting those two battle it out for the 3C and 4C position) looks really appealing to me.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Yeah both Lindberg and Hallander left so we are just keeping their rights until they are 27.
I don’t know what’s weirder with this club over the last few years- our desire to reacquire players we lost or our refusal to develop or play said players once we get them back.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Tomorrow should be like catching fish in a barrel, plenty to go around. Just hope we extract better value than most in our signings. But I sincerely believe Domi would help offer us some offensive juice on the third line. We can't be so top heavy moving forward. We need depth (quality depth).

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
The Penguins have a boatload of cap space right now, they have $15 million in cap space with their entire top-6 F and at least 3/4 of their top-4 D signed. The only way they'll run into cap problems is if they decide to bring back both Jarry and Zucker, and that would be "shitty use of cap space" more than "having cap problems".
Zucker's only a problem if it's a long deal, IMO

I wouldn't give him what he probably wants in term but for a couple more seasons it could be ok

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad