Salary Cap: Pens '24-'25 Salary Thread: The Crosbicles Volume XIX

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
So the Flames are supposedly in the market for a middle six center that is closer to their teams age and is a right handed shot.

If Dubas wants to shop Glass to add more picks, that could be an interesting one.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
If Glass had a hot start to the season I could see it. He's coming off a down year and hasn't done much in the young season.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Offensively you have to like where we stand. All four lines are scoring and there's depth for injuries and for when role players (Beauvillier) cool off.

Defensively, woof! Blomqvist is better than Jarry but even with him in net we are bleeding too many goals. Jarry and Grelzyk out for an overpaid defensive 2LD and a cheap goalie we could bury in the minors would help. I'd say Graves out but that ain't happening.
Graves contract may not be great however he is a +2 and the only other + player so far is Rakell at +3.

Not saying +/- is everything but he is doing his job.

D_YY7V.gif

I don't see any team paying a 3rd for Kevin Hayes.

He got a 6th round pick when he was traded at 3.5 mil after putting up 50+ pts.

Also, let's see him past 5 games before we start acting like this trade was a dinger.
Flyers needed cap space. Cap going up now.

Hayes at 3 years 3.5 million is worse than 1 year 3.5 million at cap deadline.

cap will be a 10 million dollar difference.

I actually like his game so far. I'd want positive value coming back to move him. I get why Nashville moved on, but he's been a pleasant surprise.

Needed cap space. Yep.

Reactions: Sideline

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
The Flames have left defensemen in the AHL that could be interesting in a trade. Solovyov I like, but he was waived around the league and nobody took him. Grushnikov is probably not going anywhere. Yan Kuznetsov could be decent.

I would probably keep Glass and trade Lizotte if I had my druthers, but either works for me. Glass or Lizotte for Solovyov or Kuznetsov seems fair to me.

Vegas is another team that has players like McNabb and Hague on expiring deals that would really help us. Ivan Provorov is also a budding UFA and he is on a team that needs a goaltender.

We absolutely need defensive help.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
In what world does Glass suddenly now have positive value after we got paid a 2nd to take him after 5 games. It’s not like he’s lit the world on fire in those 5 games.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
In what world does Glass suddenly now have positive value after we got paid a 2nd to take him after 5 games. It’s not like he’s lit the world on fire in those 5 games.
Like I said in the report it read a middle six center that is close to the age of most of the Flames group and is a right handed C.

Glass fits that. He hasn't put up any offense but then again he's barely getting 8-9mins a game on the 4th line with Hayes and Acciari. It's been a strong line so far this season too.

He isn't even 40% at faceoffs right now so maybe not a good sell to the Flames but hey just throwing a name out there that quite literally fits the description close enough. I mean if Dubas can get a 3rd for him, that's some solid work overall.

A 3rd + 6th and another 3rd for Glass after all is said and done. Even a 4th would be good.

Glass isn't someone this team should look at hanging on to like it's some diamond in a rough either. If they move him, they have others on the team and system that can come up and play. Even moving Hayes to C and Lizotte for the LW on that line I'm sure would be just as effective.

Reactions: Sideline

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Like I said in the report it read a middle six center that is close to the age of most of the Flames group and is a right handed C.

Glass fits that. He hasn't put up any offense but then again he's barely getting 8-9mins a game on the 4th line with Hayes and Acciari. It's been a strong line so far this season too.

He isn't even 40% at faceoffs right now so maybe not a good sell to the Flames but hey just throwing a name out there that quite literally fits the description close enough. I mean if Dubas can get a 3rd for him, that's some solid work overall.

A 3rd + 6th and another 3rd for Glass after all is said and done. Even a 4th would be good.

Glass isn't someone this team should look at hanging on to like it's some diamond in a rough either. If they move him, they have others on the team and system that can come up and play. Even moving Hayes to C and Lizotte for the LW on that line I'm sure would be just as effective.
They could have had him for future considerations 3 months ago, or been paid a 3rd to take him. Clearly, they want a better player.

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
Glass to this point at least, has not been a middle six center. He’s a fourth liner who might have potential to do more. I don’t think that’s what Calgary is looking for.

Honestly it’s a pretty stupid headline. Pretty sure almost every team in this league wants a young middle six center.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
They could have had him for future considerations 3 months ago, or been paid a 3rd to take him. Clearly, they want a better player.
Clearly they didn't see themselves in this current situation.

You want to be a wet blanket for anything else today?

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Glass to this point at least, has not been a middle six center. He’s a fourth liner who might have potential to do more. I don’t think that’s what Calgary is looking for.

Honestly it’s a pretty stupid headline. Pretty sure almost every team in this league wants a young middle six center.
Depends on where they want to slot him in. If it's the 3rd line nah. If it's to bump up their 4c to find a new 4c and are looking for handedness and experience, maybe. Also the fact they wouldn't need to give up much etc.

Just a discussion ffs. It's boring af, at least this is something to throw out there.

It’s 2024 and literally no one can access NHLN

What’s hilarious is I was a big On the Fly guy growing up and when I had cable in college
The NHL keeps acting like they're doing insane things for their broadcasts but have idiotic blackouts and some of the worst subscription services of the major sports. You're literally left frustrated at trying to watch games and when you do see a subscription service especially in Canada, it's just a massive rip off a f*** you to the consumer with local blackouts and barely getting a chance to see even 70% of the games you thought you were getting.

It's no wonder their ratings are taking a dive already. Poor oiler fans hoping for that sweet unrealistic revenue to bump the cap up 100m+ to get space from the idiotic contracts their team will hand out.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
That depends on if you want to post any more proposals with delusional values for our mediocre players.
You delusional wankbucket, no one asked you to engage in that discussion.

Also you plum, Glass quite literally was moved for a 3rd and a 6th. Saying a 3rd if we're lucky but even a 4th isn't delusional value. Be a bigger twat.

And no that isn't a dare or challenge, although I'm sure you'd nail it.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
C is in the middle of LW and RW.
Also their C's are what? Kadri, Pospisil, Backlubd, Kirkland, and I guess Zary isn't seen as a C anymore. Neither is Honzek and Sharangovich, both are seen as wingers.

From their line up depth:

Kadri
Backlund
Pospisil
Kirkland

I think the wording Conroy used "middle 6" is not really all that clear. Who do they see as dropping down in that group or out of the line up?

Flames seem to flip Backlund and Pospisil lately.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad