Salary Cap: Pens '24-'25 Salary Thread: The Crosbicles Volume XIX

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Jarry sweating bullets now I'm sure.

Honestly...waiving Jarry to see if there are takers isn't the worst option. Go the AHL, play well, come back. I wouldn't hate it if he got hot in the AHL and propelled WBS to a championship. About time they had some success.

I see 2 games played and 3 assists. Not saying he's NHL ready but the to suggest he's struggling might be a bit of a reach.
Problem is that i dont want Jarry to steal games form Murashov in the AHL

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
I have a bigger issue, it's only saving 1.150 on the cap to waive and send him down.
yeah. But we will actually save cap space if we send Jarry down and go with Ned/Blomqvist as the tandem. Since Blomqvist only makes 886k he wont even take up the full 1.150 we can bury of Jarrys cap

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
Jarry has value for the right team that has a proper defensive structure, like Carolina for example. We just need a goalie that can change the tide of the game, and that's not Jarry.

Point is he should be tradeable, unless he really is cooked at this point, but I would be surprised if he is.

I'm also fine with running a 3 goalie tandem as long as we realize that they get work based on performance not on salary. If Jarry sits in the pressbox, so be it. I don't think Dubas will do a cap dump trade, and he shouldn't, cuz we don't need it.

I could see him taking on someone else cap dump + draft picks for Jarry. Somewhat of a win win.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
yeah. But we will actually save cap space if we send Jarry down and go with Ned/Blomqvist as the tandem. Since Blomqvist only makes 886k he wont even take up the full 1.150 we can bury of Jarrys cap
True.
If there are no trade options (haha) I just hope they waive Jarry and he refuses to report to WBS. The contract can then be terminated, I believe.
So instead of actually fixing the problem, just ignore it and keep going as if nothing is wrong.

It's only a number of games until they are right back where they started from.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
True.

So instead of actually fixing the problem, just ignore it and keep going as if nothing is wrong.

It's only a number of games until they are right back where they started from.

Yeah... well... one problem at a time.

Jarry, first. Ignoring the problem would be allowing Jarry to continue getting games.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
So are you going to repeat this with each goalie who fails this team? Gives up 3+goals a game?

Because they are already there.

You're acting like Tristan Jarry is some fresh-faced second year guy that just hasn't gotten a fair shake.

There is a very distinct pattern going back many years, now. How in the world anyone could possibly justify handing the net back to this guy for like the half dozenth time just to watch him faceplant is completely beyond me. We're at the point now where it isn't even fair to him FFS.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I have a bigger issue, it's only saving 1.150 on the cap to waive and send him down.
Yeah but then it opens the door to Neds-Blom which is better overall for the team. That savings overs Blomqvist's hit so we aren't any worse off cap wise but we put a better product on ice.
If there are no trade options (haha) I just hope they waive Jarry and he refuses to report to WBS. The contract can then be terminated, I believe.
I don't think he's at that point yet. But him and his agent might start running numbers on "contract termination vs buyout + new deal".

Reactions: Darren McCord

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Worrying about the cap implications of waiving Jarry is wildly bizarre, but I guess this is coming from the same person saying Hayes had to be a top-9 forward because he made a lot of money and $4 million is too much to play on the 4th line.

Reactions: Sideline

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
Just realized Hayes has a year after this one. Couldn’t even get more than a 2nd for taking that on?

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Just realized Hayes has a year after this one. Couldn’t even get more than a 2nd for taking that on?

I actually haven't hated Hayes at all this year so far. He's as slow as frozen molasses but is sneaky-good down low in the OZ. Almost put up a beauty of an assist last night if the shooter (forget who... Bunting?) wasn't robbed.

But yeah... he's making like... 2ish million too much for sure.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

Honestly Hayes has been effective enough that I'm happy to get the 2nd to take him on.

If he can put up 10-15 goals on the 4th line this year and next year, that's well worth it for only a 2nd to eat his ugly deal. He makes about the same as Carter while he looks significantly less cooked than Carter did in his last 2 years here.

He's also somehow at 76% on faceoffs this year as well. Really helps out the PK when Hayes is winning 3 of 4 faceoffs per game on the PK.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad