Victoria, BC
McCann-Beniers-Eberle
Schwartz-Stephenson-Burakovsky
Tolvanen-Wright-Bjorkstrand
Kartye-Gourde-Tanev or Gourde-Kartye-Tanev

Dunn-Larsson
Oleksiak-Montour
Evans-Borgen

I think that's a solid group for being a 3yo franchise. Center depth is average, wing pairings are solid, solid top 4...I mean, when you can run Gourde-Tanev as a pairing on the 4th line, it speaks to good depth. I think their bigger question marks are around goaltending.

They can take Jarry from us while we roll with Blomqvist/Murashov for now until Ned comes back.

Ginormousthumbs

Jul 7, 2013
West Side
IMG_2862.jpeg

Ulf5

Feb 21, 2017
Confirmed- Malkin's playing til he's 65!!

Evgeni Malkin Comments on Possible NHL Retirement

Pittsburgh Penguins star Evgeni Malkin hinted that the final two years of his four-year, $24.4 million contract might be his last in the NHL. However, Malkin, 37, told The Athletic that he won’t retire until he experiences the playoffs again.

“I love the playoffs so much and I love our fans so much. I need to feel it again. I couldn’t leave if I never play in the playoffs again. Not until then.”

source – ‘Penguins’ Evgeni Malkin is aging, changing and not done yet’ – Josh Yohe – The Athletic – 10/09/2024

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Confirmed- Malkin's playing til he's 65!!

Evgeni Malkin Comments on Possible NHL Retirement

Pittsburgh Penguins star Evgeni Malkin hinted that the final two years of his four-year, $24.4 million contract might be his last in the NHL. However, Malkin, 37, told The Athletic that he won’t retire until he experiences the playoffs again.

“I love the playoffs so much and I love our fans so much. I need to feel it again. I couldn’t leave if I never play in the playoffs again. Not until then.”

source – ‘Penguins’ Evgeni Malkin is aging, changing and not done yet’ – Josh Yohe – The Athletic – 10/09/2024

If he has to continue to play with DOC, he’ll probably retire in the next few weeks lol…

Coffees

Take one step towards the direction you want to go
Nov 12, 2021
What would you guys want from Vancouver for Marcus Pettersson?

Or are you guys gonna keep him

Last edited:

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
What do you have that’s good in terms of prospects or picks?

I would hope we trade him but I’m sure the coaching staff has also determined that he is part of the essential core.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia

I'm a bit on the fence as to whether they keep him. It depends on where they're at in the standings near the deadline. My hope is they trade him. His extension wouldn't match the team's window, and I don't see the point.

He's our best defensive defenseman and it's not close. The last 2 seasons were strong ass years for him. If he came with an extension in Vancouver, in a just world he'd command a 1st + 2nd imo.
Late 1sts (like Van will probably have) have like a 25% chance of hitting. Late 2nds maybe 10%?
Or the Pens could ask for the equivalence of that in prospects.

In exchange Vancouver would get a legit shutdown guy for 6+ years, overlapping their window. Seems fair?

Reactions: Coffees

Coffees

Take one step towards the direction you want to go
Nov 12, 2021
I'm a bit on the fence as to whether they keep him. It depends on where they're at in the standings near the deadline. My hope is they trade him. His extension wouldn't match the team's window, and I don't see the point.

He's our best defensive defenseman and it's not close. The last 2 seasons were strong ass years for him. If he came with an extension in Vancouver, in a just world he'd command a 1st + 2nd imo.
Late 1sts (like Van will probably have) have like a 25% chance of hitting. Late 2nds maybe 10%?
Or the Pens could ask for the equivalence of that in prospects.

In exchange Vancouver would get a legit shutdown guy for 6+ years, overlapping their window. Seems fair?
I’d do that trade, the picks round 1 and 2. Well done

Reactions: AuroraBorealis

OtherThingsILike

May 6, 2020
Pittsburgh

If you mean now at this point of the season, I think we'd want a decent haul. I think we'd accept less at the trade deadline if it looks like we're out of it.
Part of the issue is that it seems like he'll be the best free-agent defenseman available, so I think the price will be inflated for that reason.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
TDL Pens have to move a contract at TDL, Eller should be in demand here. Petts I think is solid LD that Dubas likes. But if Dubas moves Karlsson after this year, I think unless a RD is coming back, he keeps Petts.
LD? Letang
Graves St Ivany
Pickering Brunicke,

Ulf5

Feb 21, 2017
I’d do that trade, the picks round 1 and 2. Well done
Don't listen to Aurora. Let me save you time, money and resources to flesh your roster out better. MP is going to get like 6×$6 mil. You don't want that anchor especially for a 1 and 2. Just give us a 3 for Graves, he's only $4.5 mil for 4 more after this one. 2 years less and you can get a better supporting cast and better prospects. I have your best interests at heart my friend!
Go Stan Smyl!!

• Haha

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

A bit surprised by this, thought they'd give Jarry one more shot. Definitely the right choice, this team can't afford to piss away a single point
Yeah surprised too though Sullivan has showed more willingness to change his goalies than he is to alter forward lines or D pairs when needed…agree it’s the right move

Someone else is back too lol…right move to remove McG but I don’t want him in the press box…send him to Wilkes…can I say again how awful Letang has been and should not be on the first pair getting those minutes lol

BrookswasHere44

Jun 22, 2009
Yeah surprised too though Sullivan has showed more willingness to change his goalies than he is to alter forward lines or D pairs when needed…agree it’s the right move

Someone else is back too lol…right move to remove McG but I don’t want him in the press box…send him to Wilkes…can I say again how awful Letang has been and should not be on the first pair getting those minutes lol

Weird to keep him up in the first place imo of he was going to be the first to come out

Reactions: Andy99

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010

Exactly as I predicted. I think that top line has potential if Beau can keep it up. Not the sexiest line but it has the makings.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
If Blomqvist and Nedeljkovic perform well enough I wonder if we could trade Jarry at the deadline

Sideline

May 23, 2004
Can’t wait to hear how McG is our worst forward for the next three years and he asks out.
It's only a matter of time before someone gets injured or the team loses a few games in a row and McGroarty gets another chance. On top of that, Eller and O'Connor are getting traded at the deadline; maybe even Pool Party. The log jam isn't going to be what stops McGroarty from playing.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
JB will get lit up tonight and back to good ol’ Jarry, send McG to WB for the opener tonight if possible, Rust on PP1 to make sure we have the smartest coach in NHL

• Haha
Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Tbh McG didn’t stand out…we need him developing into a top six forward, not another depth player who PKs and gets 10 min a night. Let him develop in Wilkes

Reactions: Sideline

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad