Salary Cap: Pens 2024 Summer Thread: "Thus, knocking us out of these superior numbers when we emerge! Mr. President, we must not allow a non-playoff bound gap!"

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
I have to think Smith is being moved here probably a third or late second in 25 and Pens have cap space and have a second in 25 and Hayes who can play center and buy time for Ponomarev as he plays in WB. So Pens have a pick from smith and add a second on Hayes. Dubas adds to the farm and go from there.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Dubas traded Smith for Hayes if Smith is moved and picks up a 25 2nd and whatever he gets for Smith. Hopefully a 25 second.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
So my guess is the center depth is now Sid, Geno, Hayes and Eller. I’m also guessing the forward lineup is

DOC Sid Rust
Bunting Malkin Rakell
XXX Hayes Puustinen
XXX Eller Acciari

I’m hoping Smith is moved

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Find a way to off-load guys like Jarry, Rakell and Smith without paying teams to take them and you've got as successful an off-season as can be reasonably expected for a team like this imo.
I wouldn't just get rid of Rakell at all. He's struggled a bit but is still alot better at contributing and being visibly there than Smith, amd has been for the most part a solid top 6 wing.

Reactions: EVGENIMERLIN

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I mean, even if Hayes sucks as much as we expect, better pick next summer. Who cares anymore?

Making moves like taking on a bad player for a 2nd in exchange for future considerations should tell you all you need to know about how this team views itself anymore. :laugh:
Hayes is boring to watch, that's my beef.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
God, I hate this team. :laugh:
This is what people wanted though.

That said, you can really change some things around to put them in a better position:

DOC-Sid-Rust
Bunt-Geno-Raks
Poulin-Pono-Puustinen
Hayes-Eller-Accciari

That top 6 is good enough. 4th line is a good defensive line.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I'm just happy the team made a relatively smart move for the first time in what feels like years. The bar's real low for this dysfunctional, slopshit franchise anymore, man.
Yeah I don't get not being happy with this move. If he ends up sucking it's no great loss and they got a high end pick out of it.

If he provides value then they got a decent player for free and got a pick out of it.

I don't see him as blocking prospects either. Injuries will happen as they always do and if any of our prospects blow the doors off in wbs they'll find a spot in the lineup for them anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Bolivia vs Panama
    Bolivia vs Panama
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $175.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • USA vs Uruguay
    USA vs Uruguay