Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Draft, Pre Free Agent Frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
Insert the Blink 182 "WTF man" meme here if it's Bowman.. talk about f***ing clueless, Jackson. That would be such a bush league, monumentally stupid decision. I don't know how it would be him though, because Jackson stated in his call with media that they weren't allowed to talk to guys who were involved in other teams' front office stuff at the time... that's not this asshole Bowman who was locked out. Unless he (Jackson) straight up lied...

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I will never for the life of me understand the emotion when it comes to who gets management jobs.

Is it not apparent that Jeff Jackson is the guy running the ship right now? And his priority when it comes to hiring a GM has everything to do with that person's contacts and the rapports they've built over the tenure of their career.

Who out there today would be at the top of the list?

This isn't a situation where the new guy comes in and puts his own people in. The assistant GMs, the scouting department, the coaching staff. They're all here already.

Waste of energy to get up in arms about this stuff.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad