Salary Cap: Pens 2024 Summer Thread: "Thus, knocking us out of these superior numbers when we emerge! Mr. President, we must not allow a non-playoff bound gap!"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Same value that Mikheyev was traded for basically. Not crazy about trading for Hayes' money without sending their own money out, but getting a 2nd for him is good.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
Dubas literally makes the Mikhayev deal but with a worse/cheaper/less risk player. Excited to see how Gurgs reacts.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Hayes has 13g and 29pts last year. If you can replace Acciari with him, you have Eller and Hayes as your bottom 6 centers potting 30pts roughly. There are worst things.

More importantly, John Mustard still on the board. Wonder if Dubas can trade up using the 4th or next years 3rd or even a roster player.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Dubas literally makes the Mikhayev deal but with a worse/cheaper/less risk player. Excited to see how Gurgs reacts.
He's already decided that Ron Hextall and his abominable tenure here was a hill worth dying on. It wouldn't surprise me in the least to see him further dig his grave for Mikhayev. That's right in line with him. :laugh:

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I absolutely think Hayes is a near-useless player but Sullivan will love him. Getting that second back and sending nothing but magic beans at least makes this somewhat understandable. You'll all like it a hell of lot less when he's blocking better younger players and at that point you can come back and tell me you're sorry and I won't even judge. I promise.

Reactions: HandshakeLine

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Something else to keep in mind, that 2nd could be used as capital to facilitate an additional trade here coming up or in the coming days.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I mean, even if Hayes sucks as much as we expect, better pick next summer. Who cares anymore?

Making moves like taking on a bad player for a 2nd in exchange for future considerations should tell you all you need to know about how this team views itself anymore. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad